+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our promotion from Div 2 in the 2002-2003 season

Our promotion from Div 2 in the 2002-2003 season

I've always believed I had a very good memory for any City related facts but I was completely stumped when I tried to recall the 2 teams who went up automatically from Division 2 the season we beat QPR in the play-offs.

If it wasn't for Google I'd still be scratching my head tomorrow. Some of you will know straight away but I won't spoil it for the rest of you if you fancy a guess. Strangely enough I remembered the names of the three other teams in the play-offs with us !

Re: Our promotion from Div 2 in the 2002-2003 season

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I've always believed I had a very good memory for any City related facts but I was completely stumped when I tried to recall the 2 teams who went up automatically from Division 2 the season we beat QPR in the play-offs.

If it wasn't for Google I'd still be scratching my head tomorrow. Some of you will know straight away but I won't spoil it for the rest of you if you fancy a guess. Strangely enough I remembered the names of the three other teams in the play-offs with us !
    Wigan were Champios and Crewe were runners up. Think they may have been our opponents in the last two matches of the regular season.

All I remember is we played the Wurzels in the semis, Magic Hat scored the winner at home with a header and we drew 0-0 away. And Phil Stead wrote that epic poem.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    All I remember is we played the Wurzels in the semis, Magic Hat scored the winner at home with a header and we drew 0-0 away. And Phil Stead wrote that epic poem.
    Didn't Neil Alexander make some fantastic saves in the away leg to help get us into the play-off final ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wigan were Champios and Crewe were runners up. Think they may have been our opponents in the last two matches of the regular season.
    Looking at the head to heads you are probably right. Both matches were drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Didn't Neil Alexander make some fantastic saves in the away leg to help get us into the play-off final ?
    There was a great save from a Brian Tinnion header I recall.