Re: Jay Bothroyd Quiz Question

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    surely not whitts ?
    Yes, finally!

Peter Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thommo was another. Opening game of the season against Southampton. Thommo started the next as well, at Doncaster, when we went 1-0 down and Jones brought on Bothroyd for a midfielder.
    It is strange how memory plays tricks.
    I was sure in my mind that Bothroyd came on as a sub against Wolves for his debut. I thought this because of two reasons; firstly because it was against one of his former clubs, and it also one of Dave Jones old clubs. I also thought it was a night game. For good measure, I am also sure mad Mick was Wolves manager at the time.

What I do remember perfectly though, is the immediate impact he made… receiving the ball about 30 yards from goal, going on a strong run, gliding past a couple of defenders and unleashing a powerful shot while still running forward… fantastic technique!

I certainly remember Roger Johnstone getting a last minute header against Southampton… to win that game…. Unless, my memory is playing tricks again 😁

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I was sure in my mind that Bothroyd came on as a sub against Wolves for his debut. I thought this because of two reasons; firstly because it was against one of his former clubs, and it also one of Dave Jones old clubs. I also thought it was a night game. For good measure, I am also sure mad Mick was Wolves manager at the time.

What I do remember perfectly though, is the immediate impact he made… receiving the ball about 30 yards from goal, going on a strong run, gliding past a couple of defenders and unleashing a powerful shot while still running forward… fantastic technique!

I certainly remember Roger Johnstone getting a last minute header against Southampton… to win that game…. Unless, my memory is playing tricks again ��
    It is playing tricks, it’s Roger Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    now you/ve narrowed it down a bit

steve thompson
    dimitouis ............can't remember surname ?
    Are you talking about the goalie?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post

I certainly remember Roger Johnstone getting a last minute header against Southampton… to win that game…. Unless, my memory is playing tricks again 😁
    You might have memories of Bothroyd and the subs bench. In his first season with us, he went injured in both games against Wolves.