+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kipre wants to stay

Kipre wants to stay

Re: Kipre wants to stay

West Brom have got to shed a huge wage bill this summer. Can’t see him going back there.

But he's the sort of player that any Championship club would pay good money for, so I can't see him staying.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    But he's the sort of player that any Championship club would pay good money for, so I can't see him staying.
    I honestly think those days have gone. I’m not saying that he won’t go to a Championship club but there’s not many who can pay “good” money. Clubs like West Brom & Norwich will have to cut their cloth. The likes of Luton, Blackburn, Coventry, Millwall etc. have performed with minimal budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I honestly think those days have gone. I’m not saying that he won’t go to a Championship club but there’s not many who can pay “good” money. Clubs like West Brom & Norwich will have to cut their cloth. The likes of Luton, Blackburn, Coventry, Millwall etc. have performed with minimal budgets.
    But there are a lot of Championship clubs able to pay a low fee for a permanent move or a loan, and unless the ELF lift the partial embargo, we can't.

Cedric Kipre may still fancy coming back to Cardiff, but it will be West Brom that makes the call. He has done well enough for us to generate interest and a fee.

If you pay him, he will come.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    But there are a lot of Championship clubs able to pay a low fee for a permanent move or a loan, and unless the ELF lift the partial embargo, we can't.

Cedric Kipre may still fancy coming back to Cardiff, but it will be West Brom that makes the call. He has done well enough for us to generate interest and a fee.
    Another club may come in with a fee, but if Kipre don’t want to sign he could force a move back to us or run his last year down in the WBA reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If you pay him, he will come.
    Issue is, we need to pay WBA first...

Didn't Juan cala buy himself out of his contract so we could sign him as a free agent after transfer window closed or something?

There will be ways round it like that. We give kipre the money to buy himself out of his contract and he gives the money to west brom etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Didn't Juan cala buy himself out of his contract so we could sign him as a free agent after transfer window closed or something?

There will be ways round it like that. We give kipre the money to buy himself out of his contract and he gives the money to west brom etc....
    Juan Cala, good grief, remember him? I pretty much think that he wasn't very good. And those Norwegians ole signed, The little one with the blonde hair who looked impressive but added nothing. Our fans loved him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Juan Cala, good grief, remember him? I pretty much think that he wasn't very good. And those Norwegians ole signed, The little one with the blonde hair who looked impressive but added nothing. Our fans loved him for some reason.
    Daehli. He was only 18 to be fair and made an impact in the Premier league. Great goal at West brom. But not what we needed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Daehli. He was only 18 to be fair and made an impact in the Premier league. Great goal at West brom. But not what we needed at the time.
    13 Prem games, 1 goal, no assists.

Think it was Bolton he came on at in the fa Cup when he signed. We thought we had a mix of iniesta and Messi all in one player.....

Not many of our ex players or managers have a good word to say about Cala. McNaughton is a big fan

Cala also racially abused someone in Spain, nice chap...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Issue is, we need to pay WBA first...
    Mutual consent.

Mutual consent.
    Exactly 🙃

Mutual consent.
    Why would WBA do that?

Why would WBA do that?
    To get the wage bill down - If Kipre said that he ain't going to any other club but Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    To get the wage bill down - If Kipre said that he ain't going to any other club but Cardiff.
    Yeh, good luck with that. I'd love to get him back but it isn't happening.

Yeh, good luck with that. I'd love to get him back but it isn't happening.
    Probably not Pedro - but it's not beyond the realms of possibility especially with Bamba in his ear.