+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry City ......surely gives us hope for next season ?

Coventry City ......surely gives us hope for next season ?

Early on they were looking like relegation nailed on but turned it round

We clearly have to sort things out but it's not like we are starting with 11 wet farts

Re: Coventry City ......surely gives us hope for next season ?

I admire your optimism. City are pretty pathetic this season and the best players are on loan and won't be there next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I admire your optimism. City are pretty pathetic this season and the best players are on loan and won't be there next season.
    I equate next season to having finished last in the plays offs but going up by winning the final

If we can sign 6 or 7 new faces across the board and they gel we should be OK

Kaba and Kipre will be big losses though

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Early on they were looking like relegation nailed on
    Partly because they had games in hand because their pitch was ruined by the commonwealth games rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Partly because they had games in hand because their pitch was ruined by the commonwealth games rugby.
    Spot on, they were in a false position.

We also had a goal disallowed against them at home, a game we should've won I think as well

yeah basically would have been top three if it wasn't for the Refs! the linesmen! the pitch! the away support! the weather ! the team! the manager! the training! the board! the other teams doing better! swansea! brizzle!.............................

Coventry are so much better than us. And Middlesborough, and Luton, especially Sunderland. Swansea and Blackburn too. West Brom and Stoke. They've all got better players throughout their squad - in every position. I reckon Kipre is the only one who would be of interest to them. People talk of managers making players better. We just need better players.

Gyokeres arguably the best striker in the division, certainly outside the prem yo-yo teams, 38 goals in the last 2 years and a regular international for Sweden.

We have nobody in any position even close to that quality, before you even look at how superior their overall setup and rest of the squad looks.

We clearly have to sort things out but it's not like we are starting with 11 wet farts
    Will they get second season?

International

Solid steady Manager too, and knows what he is doing.

The championship is a notoriously close division, so there are always examples of teams dramatically turning their fortunes around

Coventry, Middlesborough, Notttingham Forest in recent seasons.

Also Barnsley went from a relegation scrap to playoffs to relegation in 3 successive seasons.

So it is definitely possible.

I wouldn't put any money on us making the playoffs next year though.

We have some additional issues to contend with:

1 - the sort of transfer embargo - meaning we can't pay a fee for anyone over the summer or next january

2- 3 of the best players from this season were loanees in Kipre, Philogene and Kaba, and it will be very difficult to find replacements for those 3 with no money to spend

I think our season this time was at the lower end of the spectrum of where we could expect to finish given our squad - we had plenty of bad luck (missing 5/6 penalties, bogus red cards etc) but will it be even weaker next time?

Coventry have a plan, and a way of playing with two of the best players in the division in Gyokores and Hamer. They've also got O'Hare injured who is fantastic.

Our players are crap. We didn't have a plan in the summer and decided to throw shit at the wall and see what stuck, and shockingly most of them didn't pan out. It was a total joke.