+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gavin Whyte

Re: Gavin Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I believe so. I think Mark Harris must be our second longest in terms of when he made his debut and, when it comes to signings, Perry Ng is probably our longest serving player!
    Was Tom Sang a Warnock signing?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Was Tom Sang a Warnock signing?
    He signed summer 2019 when Warnock was still manager but was in the u21/u23s or on loan (with a cup appearance in Feb 2020) until a league debut in March 2021. Then out on loan again. Then 3rd reserve for the bench - until jettisoned by Lamouchi.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I believe so. I think Mark Harris must be our second longest in terms of when he made his debut and, when it comes to signings, Perry Ng is probably our longest serving player!
    Joe Ralls is the longest serving player.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Joe Ralls is the longest serving player.
    I think Bob caveat that by saying signings.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think Bob caveat that by saying signings.
    I'm sure Joe Ralls signed a contract when he joined.

Didn’t we sign Ralls from Fareham Town and I think he came with either one or two others.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Didn’t we sign Ralls from Fareham Town and I think he came with either one or two others.
    Which other ex city player played for Fareham Town before joining us?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Farnborough, not Fareham

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Which other ex city player played for Fareham Town before joining us?
    Kevin Bartlett. Did I ever mention the time I asked Phil Brignull in Milan who was quicker out of him and Bartlett? Actually, I think I'll save that one for my autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Kevin Bartlett. Did I ever mention the time I asked Phil Brignull in Milan who was quicker out of him and Bartlett? Actually, I think I'll save that one for my autobiography.
    Correct! Fast as Lightning. Phil Brignull, Centre Half i recall-Mid Eighties?

Farnborough, not Fareham
    That’s the one You’d think he’d be great in the air, coming from them

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Correct! Fast as Lightning. Phil Brignull, Centre Half i recall-Mid Eighties?
    Yes. There was some crowdfunding to bring him here around '85 then we released him a couple of years later when the club realised Nigel Stevenson would be a cheaper option for wages. He joined Newport and soon suffered a career ending injury. Went on to manage the Cardiff hockey team around 2015, as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Yes. There was some crowdfunding to bring him here around '85 then we released him a couple of years later when the club realised Nigel Stevenson would be a cheaper option for wages. He joined Newport and soon suffered a career ending injury. Went on to manage the Cardiff hockey team around 2015, as you do.
    Nigel Stevenson. I saw him punch Jimmy Gilligan on the nose at Sophia Gardens (Astro turf) as it was back then. Very funny for a 16 year old to witness, especially as Gilligan was a bit of a dick!

I'm sure Joe Ralls signed a contract when he joined.
    It’s a question of how you interpret it, Ralls played for our Academy team, so I didn’t include him as a signing, but I counted him when I said Harris was our second longest serving player - it’s as broad as it is long.