+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A tale of two Colwills.

A tale of two Colwills.

Young, all Welsh side ends under 21 season on winning note.

Sorry about yet another Colwill thread, but I think this one is a bit different.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: A tale of two Colwills.

A good read and much to agree with.

My thoughts on Rubin is well versed on this messageboard. One of the worst decision makers and risk takers i've seen at the club, but one with clear talent.

For this season I complete understand why not utilised, however I feel the coming season should be Rubin's definining season and needs to play the vast majority of early games and allow him to improve his game. My thought is that he's been too good for the U21's for such a time that he's taken that attitude into Championship levels which doesn't work against better players.

It's clear that the financial situation is forcing our hand for youth, the problem being the longer the manager situation is dragged out, the less time this has to bed in.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A good read and much to agree with.

My thoughts on Rubin is well versed on this messageboard. One of the worst decision makers and risk takers i've seen at the club, but one with clear talent.

For this season I complete understand why not utilised, however I feel the coming season should be Rubin's definining season and needs to play the vast majority of early games and allow him to improve his game. My thought is that he's been too good for the U21's for such a time that he's taken that attitude into Championship levels which doesn't work against better players.

It's clear that the financial situation is forcing our hand for youth, the problem being the longer the manager situation is dragged out, the less time this has to bed in.
    Assuming Lamouchi stays, it has to make sense for a manager seeking creativity to at least give Rubin Colwill a prominent role in our pre season games, but a concern I have is that it might be asking a lot for a player who doesn’t seem to have been fully fit for a year to come back to the club in about six weeks time as right as rain. I’d also like to see his brother and Ashford getting a chance in games in July.

not wanting to rake over old coals, as it's been talked about here far too much as it is, but I don't think Colwill's injury problems are "growing pains", those are mild non-specific pains that kids get, and almost certainly wouldn't stop someone from competing at professional level sport.
    My understanding is that he's had a number of successive small injuries that are related to him having had a late growth spurt. It isn't uncommmon for football players who are still growing to have their game time severely restricted or they will pick up these kind of injuries. There are some quite well known examples of this.
    It makes sense if you're suddenly changes in height and weight, and your centre of gravity will be slightly different that you will be more likely to pick up the odd injury until you've got used to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Assuming Lamouchi stays, it has to make sense for a manager seeking creativity to at least give Rubin Colwill a prominent role in our pre season games, but a concern I have is that it might be asking a lot for a player who doesn’t seem to have been fully fit for a year to come back to the club in about six weeks time as right as rain. I’d also like to see his brother and Ashford getting a chance in games in July.
    If Lamouchi wants to play a 4-2-3-1 next year, you could potentially see Colwill as one of the 3, but we've been a lot better with 3-5-2 at both ends of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If Lamouchi wants to play a 4-2-3-1 next year, you could potentially see Colwill as one of the 3, but we've been a lot better with 3-5-2 at both ends of the pitch
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Young, all Welsh side ends under 21 season on winning note.

Sorry about yet another Colwill thread, but I think this one is a bit different.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”.