+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Given the choice... Lamouchi or Nathan Jones

Given the choice... Lamouchi or Nathan Jones

Jones is looking for a return to management, and wants to build a team long term.

If available would you like him here or stick with Lamouchi?

Re: Given the choice... Lamouchi or Nathan Jones

Has to be Jones surely.
    I know he wasn’t taken to by Stoke…but they had a team of egos there as did Southampton.

If we want a true change…give him the reigns to build and mould a team from scratch.
    I assume the teams he built with Luton were with limited resources.

On balance, Lamouchi.

There have been some odd selections (presumably based on training performances) and an unwillingness to use subs, but a lot of what Lamouchi has brought has been very good. He is experienced, flexible tactically, honest, calm and articulate - and the high opinion in him of Forest fans is a major factor. I know he hasn't got a better points return than Morison or Hudson - but he has had much less time to get to know the squad (none of them his signings) and the end of season dynamics are different. I think he knows what he is doing, has a plan, and even with the partial transfer ban will improve the squad over the summer using his European and African contacts alongside the club's own impressive loans team. I like the emerging double act with Sol too.

Nathan Jones clearly has passion, a love of Cardiff and a very impressive record with very little money at Luton. But he has failed in his other jobs and seems unhinged at times. I can see Lamouchi managing up at Cardiff; not Jones.

What about Wilder? He was the dream manager for some not long ago - but after Boro and Watford the shine has come right off and now he is favourite for League One Reading.

I'm sure Lamouchi will be confirmed as manager, but any of the possible options are a mix of good, bad and indifferent.

Lamouchi has done ok but some weird selections and tactics. Not 100% on him

Jones showed that he has some issues. He can’t deal with the pressure and not 100% on him either.

Out of the two id like to try Jones

Jones by a mile.

Tony Mowbray for me. There’s talk of Sunderland replacing him wi th a younger European manager.

Lamouchi did a good job, considering we literally couldn't score.

If he wants to pay 433 or any variant, I'd steer well clear. We don''t have the players and we can't overhaul the squad.

We can stay up with Lamouchi, we can do it by being physical and direct, while using the ball when we get it in their half. The playing style can develop over time when we sign better players but we made such a pig's ear of the last window we've been backed into a corner.

Re JRH, I would love Mowbray but think there's a decent chance they'll go up. They're on fire.

Both Lamouchi and Jones want to build a team long term it seems - what evidence is there that they would get that chance at Cardiff?

If the choice was just Lamouchi and Jones, I’d just go for the latter, but the fact that he hasn’t proved that he can manage anywhere else butLuton is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Jones is looking for a return to management, and wants to build a team long term.

I only watch games on T.V, so do not see anything (communication, movement etc.) other than what's shown in the rectangle of the TV, Lamouchi if his job was to keep the club in the championship has obviously succeeded, if his role was more than that e.g. to improve the squad he inherited then I don't think he did that, for much of his time here starting games inc. after the half time break, the players seemed oblivious to the task ahead with ponderous play, tapping it around the back four before the inevitable lump it up the field for the majority of the time, there was some good football and goals as well but too infrequent, I'd be looking to move on from Lamouchi whilst thanking him for Job done.

Is he really a big Cardiff City fan ?

Most importantly lamouchi is in place and deserves a chance to make his mark

If he wants the job and he is given some sort of budget to get his own faces in then that should be done

We have had more managers than McDonald's

It's ridiculous to change faces yet again

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Both Lamouchi and Jones want to build a team long term it seems - what evidence is there that they would get that chance at Cardiff?

If the choice was just Lamouchi and Jones, I’d just go for the latter, but the fact that he hasn’t proved that he can manage anywhere else butLuton is a concern.
    Tan can't pick a manager, rather than not giving them time.

For me its Sab. Anything else just drags on the air of uncertainty that surrounds us. We are going to be totally reliant on the contacts and networking of whom ever gets the job. For me Sab wins this hands down.

Nothing against Jones but the whole scenario is just set up to make us an even bigger basket case than we already are.

We can't afford to have another season of throwing caution to the wind. We have to have stability, we have to have a calm and progressive management team. Thats Sab and Sol. Morison situation again? No thanks.

Think for the sake of our sanity the club has to stick with Lamouchi. May not have had a great start but he got us over the line, is an experienced manager and hopefully, given the summer can bring in some of his own picks and weld a decent team together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Lamouchi did a good job, considering we literally couldn't score.

If he wants to pay 433 or any variant, I'd steer well clear. We don''t have the players and we can't overhaul the squad.

We can stay up with Lamouchi, we can do it by being physical and direct, while using the ball when we get it in their half. The playing style can develop over time when we sign better players but we made such a pig's ear of the last window we've been backed into a corner.

Re JRH, I would love Mowbray but think there's a decent chance they'll go up. They're on fire.
    Why cant we play 4 3 3 or a variant?

We are going to need 5 or 6 new signings who are good enough to go straight in the starting line up.

The squad needs a overhaul. Thanks to Morison we cant ship out some players who we are now stuck with until their contracts are run down.

However we should do all we can to release them and maybe look at seeing if we can get some of the average signings out to free up squad places.

Id be looking at keeping Ng Macguiness Collins Wintle Ralls Colwill Robinson Etete Davies O Dowda.

The rest id be more than happy to see go on frees.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is he really a big Cardiff City fan ?

Most importantly lamouchi is in place and deserves a chance to make his mark

If he wants the job and he is given some sort of budget to get his own faces in then that should be done

We have had more managers than McDonald's

It's ridiculous to change faces yet again
    Sludge , one of the Rhondda characters I know said Jones is a Tottenham supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Sludge , one of the Rhondda characters I know said Jones is a Tottenham supporter
    To be fair I know loads of City fans who "support" Liverpool , Man U , Spurs.

Please not Nanthan Jones the guy talks rubbish. If he wasn’t supposed to be a Cardiff fan we would all be laughing at the nonsense he comes out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

We should give the job to the up and coming veteran of football manage Vinny Tan, he has some weird tactics but that would suit the championship / League 1 level. He talks a good game and some of his ideas are so unique no one else has thought of them yet - the shoot more policy...

In all seriousness though - Lamouchie deserves a crack at it for a season or 2

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tony Mowbray for me. There’s talk of Sunderland replacing him wi th a younger European manager.
    We could have got Mowbray last summer if Morison hadn't been given the job.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    More clubs than craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Craig Bellamy

True , but in Jones case , he definitely doesn’t support the City ( at least according to what I was told )

I also know that Nathan Jones also starts every sentence with “Look”

I always thought that 12 year old kids supported Liverpool etc then grew out of it

Alas ....

Why cant we play 4 3 3 or a variant?

We are going to need 5 or 6 new signings who are good enough to go straight in the starting line up.

The squad needs a overhaul. Thanks to Morison we cant ship out some players who we are now stuck with until their contracts are run down.

However we should do all we can to release them and maybe look at seeing if we can get some of the average signings out to free up squad places.

Id be looking at keeping Ng Macguiness Collins Wintle Ralls Colwill Robinson Etete Davies O Dowda.

The rest id be more than happy to see go on frees.
    We haven't got the players to play 433. We haven't got any creativity in the middle, so you need at least 2 there. We don't have any fit left backs, so you need 2 until Collins comes back. We have only got 2 good wingers (COD and Robinson), so we need 2 there and a striker, I'd say we'd need 2 as Etete isn't ready yet. We need a right back, and a centre back, and at least 1 centre forward. That's 11 to play 433.

If we can replace Kaba, Philogene and Kipre, and we can add 3 good players on top of them, we've done well. Stick with 352 for the time being. Please!

Offered it according to the other board and now thinking about the terms and Tans plans - hmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤣