+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 29 years ago today

29 years ago today

Welsh cup final. Cardiff city v barry town. Barry weren't even in the Welsh top flight at the time so a decent shock considering that city side got to last 16 of the FA Cup a few weeks previously.

Bbc wales game preview including Alan Curtis, Terry Boyle, Mark aizlewood and Rick wright

https://youtu.be/X4jlzk2_ook

Re: 29 years ago today

https://youtu.be/AHjZOZBEYxg

And highlights of the game for anyone missing early 90s welsh cup football.

4 welsh cup finals in 4 season from 92-95 then no more welsh cup or europe for us......

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    https://youtu.be/AHjZOZBEYxg

And highlights of the game for anyone missing early 90s welsh cup football.

4 welsh cup finals in 4 season from 92-95 then no more welsh cup or europe for us......
    For those that can't stand watching the actual game (apart from stants goal there's not much to see) the last couple of minutes are interesting. Lots of chants in protest from the city fans at Rick wright- where's our money gone being one of the loudest.

Embarrassing day all round, fair play to Barry who were totally up for it, and we blew another chance of our name on the cup and a ECWC adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkatron View Post
    Embarrassing day all round, fair play to Barry who were totally up for it, and we blew another chance of our name on the cup and a ECWC adventure.
    I think we turned up expecting a nice easy game, no-one looked interested, even the crowd were bored

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I think we turned up expecting a nice easy game, no-one looked interested, even the crowd were bored
    Was our 3rd final in a row at the stadium. Hednesford (1-0) Rhyl (5-0) then barry and wrexham to finish (2 1 defeat) in our last ever game in the Welsh cup.

I believe wrexham won it 23 times and us 22, the final final was a play off for the record.
    Although TNS will beat both if they haven't already.

I really miss the Welsh cup actually. Was a good tournament and youngsters today would assume clubs like cardiff would play the kids but with European football the prize it was a huge deal.

Enjoyed that for nostalgia purposes.
    I wonder when you see the kids who would now be in their late 30s if they still watch Cardiff or write on the message board

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Enjoyed that for nostalgia purposes.
    I wonder when you see the kids who would now be in their late 30s if they still watch Cardiff or write on the message board
    Some start threads about it......

Barry were like Dad's Army but wily and that's all it needed in the end. We were rubbish. I remember Damon Searle getting some stick and giving it back, which didn't endear him to everyone.

It's struck me before while watching You Tube how few City players went to congratulate Phil Stant after he'd scored.