Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leicester coming down with Southampton

Leicester coming down with Southampton

Not much fight v Liverpool

0 - 3

And they are away at Newcastle next

Re: Leicester coming down with Southampton

They deserve it for appointing dean Smith. Ridiculous.

Leicester and Southampton were seen as model clubs everyone else aspired to very very recently. Funny how things work out. Guess they just finding their natural levels.

Everton should be fine now so probably between Leeds and forest.

Shouldn’t have left Kasper Schmeichal leave. He was a 1 man defence. They were in trouble from that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Leicester and Southampton were seen as model clubs everyone else aspired to very very recently. Funny how things work out. Guess they just finding their natural levels.
    Southampton’s change of ownership in 2022 goes a long way to explaining their demise, but Leicester’s collapse is harder to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Leicester’s collapse is harder to explain.
    Do you not think that it’s their failure to refresh their squad, coupled with poor transfer strategy? Personally, I thought they were favourites for relegation before the season kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Do you not think that it’s their failure to refresh their squad, coupled with poor transfer strategy? Personally, I thought they were favourites for relegation before the season kicked off.
    You should have a bet if that’s the case. They were 16/1 for relegation. The bookies had them finishing 8th.

Their defence has been a disaster.

Shouldn’t have left Kasper Schmeichal leave. He was a 1 man defence. They were in trouble from that moment.
    Always thought that was a strange move……

You should have a bet if that’s the case. They were 16/1 for relegation. The bookies had them finishing 8th.

Their defence has been a disaster.
    I’ve got Southampton, Leicester & Forest to go down, Man City to win PL, Burnley Championship, Sheff.Weds L1, Stockport L2 & Wrexham NL.

I’ve got Southampton, Leicester & Forest to go down, Man City to win PL, Burnley Championship, Sheff.Weds L1, Stockport L2 & Wrexham NL.
    I hope you bet singles…

I wanted Everton to come down for a season, but would happily accept Leeds coming back down

https://www.theguardian.com/football...EHXvXlbTAFp6Yo

According to this, players they brought in haven't settled, would have been hit financially by Covid cos the owners wealth is in duty free, Brendan Rodgers' shelf life expiring and maybe just one of those seasons.

This explains what's happened at Leicester.
    Good video...

https://youtu.be/I6Ss0p2Oiro

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Good video...

Slightly disappointed it wasnt this link. Even more depressing how things have changed since

https://youtu.be/Iad3gV-9C1U

Southampton and Leicester going down is a shame in that I want Everton , Leeds etc to face relegation

If Cardiff City did a Southampton and spent 11 years in the top flight then most of us would be well happy

Never liked Forest but I do hope they stay up just because of Neco and BJ. I love BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Good video...

Goof video that, but I still think a team with Tielemans and Maddison in midfield should be performing better. Brendon Rodgers' limitations have been exposed as well - he made his reputation as a coach and I think that's still where his main talents lie.

Although Norwich have managed it in recent years, sides which get relegated from the Premier League with less than thirty points don't tend to find life in the Championship easy - that's why I don't expect Southampton to go straight back up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester did even though I daresay their squad will look a lot different come August than it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Southampton and Leicester going down is a shame in that I want Everton , Leeds etc to face relegation

If Cardiff City did a Southampton and spent 11 years in the top flight then most of us would be well happy
    When Cardiff got promoted in 1993 , I think most supporters would have been extremely happy with 19 years in the Championship and 2 promotions to the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    When Cardiff got promoted in 1993 , I think most supporters would have been extremely happy with 19 years in the Championship and 2 promotions to the top flight.
    2003?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2003?
    Ah yes 2003

At the time, looking at the clubs we would be competing with, I said i would be happy with 5 years! That's how bad things had been during the eighties and nineties. Expectations of course change.

Would they have thought the same if they knew a billionaire would be the club’s owner for the last dozen of those years?

Southampton’s change of ownership in 2022 goes a long way to explaining their demise, but Leicester’s collapse is harder to explain.
    Agree about Southampton.

Leicester lost a few key members of their recruitment staff - and their recruitment has been poor, relative to the previous few years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agree about Southampton.

Leicester lost a few key members of their recruitment staff - and their recruitment has been poor, relative to the previous few years anyway.
    even without losing key people, recruitment is always a bit of a gamble. the best recruitment setups will have duds just like the most amateurish of recruitment departments will occasionally fluke a gem.

if you're a medium to smaller side and you are always losing your best talent to bigger teams then you have to keep replacing them and it doesn't take much to go wrong before you're in the shit

Some interesting topics on the Leicester City message board

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forum/1-...er-city-forum/