+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi gone

Re: Lamouchi gone

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Why are you obsessed with trying to prove a point that nobody has even argued?

I said we were shocking in our last 2 performances and in our last 4 home performances. We were. That's not saying Lamouchi was shocking.
    You saying that we were shocking under lamouchi .....is being used here with regard to him as a manager .....that being ...his team were shocking ......thus he's a shocking manager

What other conclusion is there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    According to WOL

:-/
    All bickering aside, does anyone think that the club will appoint a manager who is better than Lamouchi, whatever you think of him?

On the evidence of the last few years I have almost zero confidence that they will and fully expect another cheap, uninspiring, unimaginative appointment who with enthuse absolutely no one including the players.

I really hope that I’m wrong but nearly all of the recent evidence suggests otherwise.
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 16-05-23 at 22:27. Reason: Grammar

All bickering aside, does anyone think that the club will appoint a manager who is better than Lamouchi, whatever you think of him?

On the evidence of the last few years I have almost zero confidence that they will and fully expect another cheap, uninspiring, unimaginative appointment who with enthuse absolutely no one including the players.

I really hope that I’m wrong but nearly all of the recent evidence suggests otherwise.
    I'll tilt that on its head a bit - will the club appoint a manager better than Hudson? Statistically, there's little to choose between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll tilt that on its head a bit - will the club appoint a manager better than Hudson? Statistically, there's little to choose between them.
    Yeah I see that.

However, for some reason that I can’t put my finger on Lamouchi gave me some form of hope that I last remember experiencing when Warnock was appointed.

Pretty much every other managerial appointment since Malky, bar the two mentioned above, has left me utterly indifferent, and that is being charitable. (I’d never even heard of Slade before)

Yeah I see that.

However, for some reason that I can’t put my finger on Lamouchi gave me some form of hope that I last remember experiencing when Warnock was appointed.

Pretty much every other managerial appointment since Malky, bar the two mentioned above, has left me utterly indifferent, and that is being charitable. (I’d never even heard of Slade before)
    Sabri never went on a 9 game winless run...

Hudson was a dreadful manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    All the pre noise from Dalman and Lamouchi indicated that there the club and manager wanted to do a deal. That's why I'm deeply sceptical when they said money was not discussed. I can't help thinking that's the reason the situation broke down
    It would seem that way wouldn’t it. One of the reasons I’ve a bit more sympathy for Morison than many is that Tan and the hierarchy of the club expected a top six challenge and a complete change of playing style on the back of a budget which was not tiny, but was, reportedly, in the lowest quarter of the Championship when it came to wages. We really do need more realism in the Boardroom if our budget is to be reduced further.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    All the pre noise from Dalman and Lamouchi indicated that there the club and manager wanted to do a deal. That's why I'm deeply sceptical when they said money was not discussed. I can't help thinking that's the reason the situation broke down
    You may be correct. However, Tan is something of an imponderable. He didn’t sack Morison or Hudson over money. My belief is that, like the two managers who went before him, Lamouchi was binned because the team’s performances didn’t match Tan’s expectations while under his guidance.

Whether those expectations were realistic or not is open to debate, but I think that’s what’s happened. I reckon Tan believed Lamouchi would do better than he actually did, and therefore called it a day. There’s every chance I’m wrong and it was down to money, but that’s my gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You may be correct. However, Tan is something of an imponderable. He didn’t sack Morison or Hudson over money. My belief is that, like the two managers who went before him, Lamouchi was binned because the team’s performances didn’t match Tan’s expectations while under his guidance.

Whether those expectations were realistic or not is open to debate, but I think that’s what’s happened. I reckon Tan believed Lamouchi would do better than he actually did, and therefore called it a day. There’s every chance I’m wrong and it was down to money, but that’s my gut feeling.
    Interesting point. Didn't Dalman claim last season that we could finish in the top 6? Whether that was also the words of Vincent Tan, who knows, but if the chair and owner thought the playing personnel of last season was much better than a 21st place finish, they're a pair of imbeciles.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It would seem that way wouldn’t it. One of the reasons I’ve a bit more sympathy for Morison than many is that Tan and the hierarchy of the club expected a top six challenge and a complete change of playing style on the back of a budget which was not tiny, but was, reportedly, in the lowest quarter of the Championship when it came to wages. We really do need more realism in the Boardroom if our budget is to be reduced further.
    Steve Moneyball Morison and his dossiers sold Tan a dream

Contrary to what you seem to believe, Vincent Tan is not 'the club'. He just owns it. For now.

As I recall, the Chairman seemed enthusiastic about the prospect of Lamouchi staying. When asked recently if the manager would be staying, he said: "I think so. I have no reason to believe he has different thoughts than us."

The problem for Dalman is that, once again, it seems 'us' didn't include Tan. The Chairman and the owner rarely seem to be on the same page these days, which should be a concern to any City fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Steve Moneyball Morison and his dossiers sold Tan a dream
    Well the other forum board, if they are to be believed, have had three names given to them one of which is Morison!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Well the other forum board, if they are to be believed, have had three names given to them one of which is Morison!!
    that would be hilarious tbf

Is it possible that Lamouchi had other irons in the fire, though? Just because the club say that they aren’t going forward with him, doesn’t necessarily make it so.
    We can’t believe a word they say these days.

And if tan did think that there is an argument for saying that's fair enough as everyone knows so little difference in records between sabri hudson and morison.

However the difficulty is its 17th May today. Championship safety was mathematically assured on the 29th April. Why such a delay? That's what makes me think at least some talks must have been had.

Morison.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Interesting point. Didn't Dalman claim last season that we could finish in the top 6? Whether that was also the words of Vincent Tan, who knows, but if the chair and owner thought the playing personnel of last season was much better than a 21st place finish, they're a pair of imbeciles.
    Tan said it this season too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-25469143

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Morison.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    But they say the info is from one contact in the club about one of the names and one from the another club who is employing one of the other names and then there is the third one they list as being the 3 names that are being spoken to - what's not to believe

Cynics everywhere 🙄

Overtaken by events it seems.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

According to WOL

Lamouchi is a decent manager dealing with loads of cast-off players In his time at Nottingham Forest he did a Decent job and Kept them high with a promotion chance THEN there was a parting with Copper MAN taking over
    I'm done with this merry-go-round.

What has Tan done?

Both of us maybe right. Over a decade in the game and he's learned nothing

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I struggle to believe that considering the number of players in our first-team squad.

International

According to WOL

Please take Tan with him ffs

International

That makes perfect sense, that's my take on it, only one problem he doesn't have a clue!

International

Quote Originally Posted by ivorall View Post
    Lamouchi is a decent manager dealing with loads of cast-off players In his time at Nottingham Forest he did a Decent job and Kept them high with a promotion chance THEN there was a parting with Copper MAN taking over
    I'm done with this merry-go-round.

What has Tan done?
    Lost the plot completely if he's given it to Bamba after all his other gambles with giving the Manager job to coaches that just feck it up.

Didn't AA say Lamouchi got the gig only a few days back? 🤣

Interesting point. Didn't Dalman claim last season that we could finish in the top 6?
    Don't recall him saying that. On the contrary, when he did that podcast at the start of last season, the host suggested that a mid-table finish would be a successful season given the major overhaul the squad had been given. Dalman said he agreed, but added that he was in a minority of one in City's boardroom.

That comment stood out to me at the time as it was another clear indication that the chairman and the owner are not on the same page these days.