+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Remote Working Benefits

Remote Working Benefits

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...eadmore-target

I doubt this is bad for your mental health.

Great idea.

Re: Remote Working Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...eadmore-target

I doubt this is bad for your mental health.

Great idea.
    Agree totally: if you can still get the job done effectively, why not?

Has it really taken this long to work out that remote working means that it can be from almost any location?
    You will be telling me next that a mobile phone can be used for a remote meeting.

I work from home an average of 2-3 days a week and it's great, I'm never going back to full time in the office - for the saving in fuel if nothing else.

I've gone to a coffee shop a couple of times to work, for a change of scenery from the house, but its always a bit noisy.

I would absolutely work from spain for the week, but that isn't going to work wit the school run

Because I'm retired but my wife still works, she's been doing quite a bit of this. This week 'working from home' means 'working from the side of a mountain in Corsica' for her. Trouble is the weather is so sh*t I almost wish I had a few zoom calls to keep me occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Because I'm retired but my wife still works, she's been doing quite a bit of this. This week 'working from home' means 'working from the side of a mountain in Corsica' for her. Trouble is the weather is so sh*t I almost wish I had a few zoom calls to keep me occupied.
    Most companies (that Im aware of) have a working from abroad policy. whereby if you do want to pop off to Corsica you need agreement from the boss. I work with someone that used to go all over Europe and work from a back packers or hotel room. He was told to stop as this was only supposed to be for people going to visit family / friends a few times a year rather than every couple of weeks.

The one thing it is doing though - is saving me a ton of money on travel and general expenses. I spend a bit in the local cafe which is owned by a local, other than that I have no expense. The side affect - it is killing Cardiff city centre. Commercial rent companies must be getting wiped out - and most of those used to be owned by pension funds.... trouble ahead perhaps