+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban Guns , Not Drag Queens

Ban Guns , Not Drag Queens

Documentary on channel 4 now about laws passed in tennesee to stop drag queens performing in public

And every other weekend it seems a mass shooting takes place

I don't understand why so many people are bothered by this

Minskys used to be full of hen nights , what's not to like ?

Re: Ban Guns , Not Drag Queens

202 mass shootings so far...one trans had a wig problem buy they aren't known for going postal

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Documentary on channel 4 now about laws passed in tennesee to stop drag queens performing in public

And every other weekend it seems a mass shooting takes place

I don't understand why so many people are bothered by this

Minskys used to be full of hen nights , what's not to like ?
    Try before you buy.

There is this really weird thing going on which people are calling the 'culture wars' it is not really taking off here too badly yet (despite GB News best efforts)

But it is ridiculous in the US at the moment, it has become so divisive it seems they are regressing as a society.

However there was still a women on BBC Radio 2 today kicking of about how UK schools are turning pupils transgender and hiding it from their parents. when the caller was asked if she has knows of, or has even any anecdotal experiences of a trans child in her life, she did not..

which begs the question why on earth of people getting so worked up about these uncommon, personal topics that have little to no effect on their own lives.

Whatever happened to live and let live...

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    There is this really weird thing going on which people are calling the 'culture wars' it is not really taking off here too badly yet (despite GB News best efforts)

But it is ridiculous in the US at the moment, it has become so divisive it seems they are regressing as a society.

However there was still a women on BBC Radio 2 today kicking of about how UK schools are turning pupils transgender and hiding it from their parents. when the caller was asked if she has knows of, or has even any anecdotal experiences of a trans child in her life, she did not..

which begs the question why on earth of people getting so worked up about these uncommon, personal topics that have little to no effect on their own lives.

There's a bloke I know who is always going on about this sort of thing . He went into Cardiff once on gay pride day and has told everyone that the country is falling off a cliff and there are no standards blah blah blah

People phoning into radio shows saying that they don't like Prince Harry and his wife or they do like them etc etc , the media killed princess Diana etc , Charles is morally bankrupt , camilla is a loose woman , next caller Charles is a lovely man , camilla is misunderstood oh no she isn't says caller number 4

They are crazy these idiots and they live among us

There's a bloke I know who is always going on about this sort of thing . He went into Cardiff once on gay pride day and has told everyone that the country is falling off a cliff and there are no standards blah blah blah

People phoning into radio shows saying that they don't like Prince Harry and his wife or they do like them etc etc , the media killed princess Diana etc , Charles is morally bankrupt , camilla is a loose woman , next caller Charles is a lovely man , camilla is misunderstood oh no she isn't says caller number 4

My, what a lovely, sweet story.

Jackanorys got **** all on you

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My, what a lovely, sweet story.

Jackanorys got **** all on you
    Talking of feckwits

shit russian tanks , throw drag queens at them

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    shit russian tanks , throw drag queens at them
    They are all in tonight !

why do drag queens want to be around children?

Drag queens who are children's entertainers in their non drag moments ?

Or drag queens who are teachers ?

Perfectly normal isn't it ?

rainbow dildo monkey

That is a bit weird, but it's all down to the parents and teachers who enable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That is a bit weird, but it's all down to the parents and teachers who enable it.
    There's a couple of freaks on here , I think they are repressed

With respect Sludge, and I do mean that, as I enjoy your musings, but you cannot preach tolerance when you are not that yourself.

Tolerance and liberalism isn't asking others to tolerate the things that you happen to like. It goes both ways. It is tolerating and respecting the things you do not like.

If we go back two weeks we had the coronation and you were pretty vocal in your lack of tolerance for that. Same goes for anyone with a different political position. There are many things in complex societies that we won't like but need to tolerate without posting hateful things online or in person and that goes for us all.

On culture wars; I saw this story after Channel 4 news, and it got better, but the reporters were clearly doing their bit to Stoke a culture war by somehow linking opposition to this to being pro-gun. I'm not sure I see the link there.

For me personally, I enjoy drag. I watch it several times a year in town in the showbar in town (that used to be cafe jazz) and it's funny and great fun.

I am however also very strong on anything related to sexualization of children. The overwhelming majority of storybook hours unquestionably are entertaining fun for kids read by someone dressed (from a kids persoective) in an elaborate and exciting costume. However, there absolutely are examples online of drag events performing for kids that are very sexual and it's uncomfortable viewing indeed.

I can see both sides, but I think it has to be said that whilst some out and out bigots will oppose it because it is loosely related to LGBT issues, the vast majority will just have some legitimate caution about it or feel it is a little strange to see what has always been adult entertainment aimed at kids.

Personally I would gladly take my kids to it in a local library, but Im not going to criticise those who wouldn't, and like I said if people are putting intolerance on line it's only creating a world in which it will bounce back on you.

I wonder about the people who listen to this garbage. Don't they know hoyto retune a radio?

Drag queens who are children's entertainers in their non drag moments ?

Or drag queens who are teachers ?

Perfectly normal isn't it ?
    Or parents or uncles or brothers

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    With respect Sludge, and I do mean that, as I enjoy your musings, but you cannot preach tolerance when you are not that yourself.

Tolerance and liberalism isn't asking others to tolerate the things that you happen to like. It goes both ways. It is tolerating and respecting the things you do not like.

If we go back two weeks we had the coronation and you were pretty vocal in your lack of tolerance for that. Same goes for anyone with a different political position. There are many things in complex societies that we won't like but need to tolerate without posting hateful things online or in person and that goes for us all.

On culture wars; I saw this story after Channel 4 news, and it got better, but the reporters were clearly doing their bit to Stoke a culture war by somehow linking opposition to this to being pro-gun. I'm not sure I see the link there.

For me personally, I enjoy drag. I watch it several times a year in town in the showbar in town (that used to be cafe jazz) and it's funny and great fun.

I am however also very strong on anything related to sexualization of children. The overwhelming majority of storybook hours unquestionably are entertaining fun for kids read by someone dressed (from a kids persoective) in an elaborate and exciting costume. However, there absolutely are examples online of drag events performing for kids that are very sexual and it's uncomfortable viewing indeed.

I can see both sides, but I think it has to be said that whilst some out and out bigots will oppose it because it is loosely related to LGBT issues, the vast majority will just have some legitimate caution about it or feel it is a little strange to see what has always been adult entertainment aimed at kids.

Personally I would gladly take my kids to it in a local library, but Im not going to criticise those who wouldn't, and like I said if people are putting intolerance on line it's only creating a world in which it will bounce back on you.
    People who are intolerant to drag queens don't want them in society

People like me who think the royalty is a load of bollocks hope that one day this country will vote to get rid of them

Ones democratic

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I wonder about the people who listen to this garbage. Don't they know hoyto retune a radio?
    They are insane

They talk about the royal family as if they know them or live round the corner

Oh that camilla I DONT like her !

Listening to people who have never met the woman argue with other people about her personality is car crash radio

But that's the point isn't it - these "uncommon, personal topics" DO in fact have an effect on other peoples lives. One of my sons and one of my daughter-in-laws are teachers (one a headteacher) and they are now under additional stress worrying about how not to upset a pupil with "gender issues", provision of special toilets/changing rooms etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    However, there absolutely are examples online of drag events performing for kids that are very sexual and it's uncomfortable viewing indeed.
    That's the part I was referring to when it goes way past storytelling. I've been to drag shows myself and they are good entertainers, but I don't see any equivalence between these two things.

SuperBluebirds91

Completely agree mate but unfortunately the culture wars are rife in the UK as well. Many people who it does not affect will probably be oblivious to it. This is involving trans people though (not drag queens) who are being as a scapegoat in culture wars. Culture wars are are partly media driven but stems from groups of people who are basically very anti trans. Through time it’s happened to many other minority groups of people but currently trans people are being painted in a negative light and it’s just a load of nonsense. One day it will pass and they will target another group of people - I dread to think who will be next. The media put stories out which are untrue or incorrect I formation which then leads to some individuals believing it and then becoming scared - trans phobic.

Why people get worked up over it? Some people can’t accept that the human race is extremely diverse and just because society says you must be this and feel that anything outside it is a threat, others truly believe the narratives they’ve been sold, some are from strong religious backgrounds and others are solely out to target a minority group with hatred.

SuperBluebirds91

Why does anyone want to be around children then?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Completely agree mate but unfortunately the culture wars are rife in the UK as well. Many people who it does not affect will probably be oblivious to it. This is involving trans people though (not drag queens) who are being as a scapegoat in culture wars. Culture wars are are partly media driven but stems from groups of people who are basically very anti trans. Through time it’s happened to many other minority groups of people but currently trans people are being painted in a negative light and it’s just a load of nonsense. One day it will pass and they will target another group of people - I dread to think who will be next. The media put stories out which are untrue or incorrect I formation which then leads to some individuals believing it and then becoming scared - trans phobic.

Why people get worked up over it? Some people can’t accept that the human race is extremely diverse and just because society says you must be this and feel that anything outside it is a threat, others truly believe the narratives they’ve been sold, some are from strong religious backgrounds and others are solely out to target a minority group with hatred.
    There needs to be two sides to fight a culture war and there most certainly is.
    Anybody who thinks that these talking points are just diversion tactics to stop people thinking about “real issues” are incorrect.

You have basically quoted deconstructionism 101 here.

There is a culture war and while I have every sympathy with the dysphoria faced by genuine trans individuals…trans activists are awful authoritarian bullies as are plenty of other radical intersectional activists.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    But that's the point isn't it - these "uncommon, personal topics" DO in fact have an effect on other peoples lives. One of my sons and one of my daughter-in-laws are teachers (one a headteacher) and they are now under additional stress worrying about how not to upset a pupil with "gender issues", provision of special toilets/changing rooms etc.
    Not as ‘Uncommon’ as you may think though. I would have a guess that in a school of about 500 pupils there are likely about 30 trans kids. Remember that people who are trans full along a spectrum - it’s not just people who are trans women or trans men. Obviously many kids won’t have realised at this point or maybe questioning but others will be fully aware and having the full support of the school will help ease the extremely difficult and scary journey.

Not as stressful as it is for the trans child. Will the teacher be at risk of self harm or suicide as a direct result of the stress caused by this issue? I doubt that very much. Will the child be at risk of self harm or suicide as a result of this stress - a good chance. If not then At the very least the child may hold on and not go to the toilet all day, so then they make the decision not to drink or they may have an accident at school or be at risk of developing an UTI. This is coming from someone who has a lot of sympathy for teachers because many family members are teachers. I do believe though that teachers need help and guidance on these issues though as it seems to differ from one school to the next.
    I used to have to use the girls changing rooms and toilets whilst at school. I knew I was very different and I hated every minute of it. It was so awkward and I dreaded having to get changed for sports. Not to mention the fact that for the other girls - there was a guy in the changing rooms with them. It certainly caused me a lot of stress but I obviously stayed quiet at the time as I would have been at risk of abuse from other kids and maybe even adults if I’d said something so I kept quiet and just got on with it but it was really dreadful experience for me. I cannot imagine what it is like for trans women having to go into the guys toilets and changing rooms - much much worse than my experience I’m sure.