+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More manager rumours

More manager rumours

Re: More manager rumours

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

I really hope, with the situation we’re in, it’s not a foreign coach.

They don’t know the league
    They don’t know the players
    They will struggle to work within Vinny’s restraints

It’ll be a bigger disaster than the last two seasons

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

The more I think about it a return for Morison with Bamba remains at number 2 sounds the best option

The last british manager to win this league was dyche at Burnley in 15/16

Lamouchi going may have been a blessin in disguise.

Yup, Mad Mick, Hudson, Morison and Harris towards the end were a resounding success.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Lamouchi going may have been a blessin in disguise.
    I think that you may be right.

Yeah, Vincent Kompany really struggled this year, just as Marco Silva did last year, and Daniel Farke the year before that, and Marco Bielsa the year before that.

I hope we don’t get a foreigner like those guys. It would be a nightmare.

Looks like our friends out west will be looking for a new manager too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpton-26952591

What are the odds that they would still appoint a new one before us......

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Looks like our friends out west will be looking for a new manager too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpton-26952591
    Jesus! It's like every manager they have goes on to bigger and better things.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The more I think about it a return for Morison with Bamba remains at number 2 sounds the best option
    A better option than getting a real manager?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah, Vincent Kompany really struggled this year, just as Marco Silva did last year, and Daniel Farke the year before that, and Marco Bielsa the year before that.

I hope we don’t get a foreigner like those guys. It would be a nightmare.
    It would be a nightmare………….especially for him the way the Club is being run.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We don't know how to appoint a manager because the board and owner has no idea what is involved. I'd almost trust Sludge Factory to appoint a manager more than Tan, but reluctantly.

Was thinking this too. The difference in ex-managers and where they are now is insane.

You get the Swansea job and you celebrate. You get the Cardiff job and you hope.

Listened to the Elis James podcast last night where Danny Gabbidon gave his opinion that the priority should be getting someone who is a good coach because he says our squad underperformed in 22/23 and so we need someone who can get more out of what we’ve got - made sense to me.

If Tan wasn’t prepared to fund Lamouchi, then shirley any foreign coach has to be out of the question. Seems next year’s ambition is 21st place.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    If Tan wasn’t prepared to fund Lamouchi, then shirley any foreign coach has to be out of the question. Seems next year’s ambition is 21st place.
    I thought Lamouchi, did a half decent job considering what he had at his disposal, let’s be fair with players like Alsopp, Simpson and Ojo making regular appearances we were lucky to stay up.
    We have little if any creativity in midfield, and the fact we had a poor coach signing these players in the first place, I doubt anyone else would have done any better than he did.

There were strange selections without a doubt, whether that was poor decision making or Lamouchi emphasising the need and importance for better players, who knows??

Hopefully there is someone better out there who can perform miracles, but it always strikes me that they are looking for a Rolls Royce for a price of a mini!!
    Let’s hope they can get at least one decision right
    It will make a pleasant change

And ours never work again……hmmmmm….makes you think their board might know what they are doing? Wonder if they lose a million a month too despite smaller crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Exactly. Feels like a pointless exercise when the real issue is at the very top.

Line up line up. Who wants to take this weakened underachieving team to the promised land whilst under an embargo?

Surely there’s a manager somewhere that can solve Tan’s uselessness…

…did I mention we’ll only give you 10 games to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    And ours never work again……hmmmmm….makes you think their board might know what they are doing? Wonder if they lose a million a month too despite smaller crowds?
    Yep ole is a unique exception but apart from that who was last manager cardiff had to go on to better things after leaving us?

I'm going back to early 90s and can't think of one? Is cardiff always the peak of a managers career and Swansea is the stepping stone?

Yet compare that to us - when has any manager we have ever had go on to better things ? I cant think of anyone

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Yet compare that to us - when has any manager we have ever had go on to better things ? I cant think of anyone
    Neil Harris went on to star in "How I Met Your Mother" and won multiple Tony Awards.

I think our manager vacancy is quite attractive. 3 years salary for 4 months work. How many managers do we still have on the books?