+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Re: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

The longer this goes on, the less likely it is that the initial favourites are appointed.
    Bamba’s contract runs out in June and Morison is available now, so with each passing day, it looks more like someone else will be the next manager.
    I think the club is trying to accommodate Bamba in the next coaching set up, maybe Whitehead as well (contract also up in June).
    Morison is supposed to have been a Tan thing, but the reports are that others involved in advising Tan (presumably Choo and Dalman) have been trying to talk him out of it.
    The trouble is that these are commercially sensitive discussions and whilst it’s boring as hell waiting to hear (I’m constantly looking everywhere for something), all we can do is sit and wait.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I didnt want Morison sacked. I wanted him to own what he created. We have plenty of people now thinking if wed had a striker we would have been fine and we were playing decent football.

We did play ok at the start but were quickly found out. We were at the stage of passing to the halfway line without beating the opposition at all. We were not good at passing from the back beating the press and creating loads.

Morison built a bottom 3 squad and while I think he should have been given longer he would have been gone eventually anyway.

I cant believe he is being considered.
    Bottom-of-the-table tactics with that squad, they couldn't pass it out from the back without giving away goals and possession, he's no Pep!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if we had got a Hugill or a Kaba in the summer then I think Morison would probably still be here.
    I don't. I think Morison made promises to the owner he was never likely to keep. I was a little surprised he went so soon, but I wasn't surprised he didn't make it to Christmas.

Wales Online’s latest take on the situation

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-over-26971635

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Bottom-of-the-table tactics with that squad, they couldn't pass it out from the back without giving away goals and possession, he's no Pep!
    Maybe I didn’t see enough games but didn’t really notice us giving away goals playing it out from the back. Poor defending plenty mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Maybe I didn’t see enough games but didn’t really notice us giving away goals playing it out from the back. Poor defending plenty mind.
    I can’t remember a single goal we conceded being down to us playing out from the back - albeit we did less and less of it as the season went on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The longer this goes on, the less likely it is that the initial favourites are appointed.
    Bamba’s contract runs out in June and Morison is available now, so with each passing day, it looks more like someone else will be the next manager.
    I think the club is trying to accommodate Bamba in the next coaching set up, maybe Whitehead as well (contract also up in June).
    Morison is supposed to have been a Tan thing, but the reports are that others involved in advising Tan (presumably Choo and Dalman) have been trying to talk him out of it.
    The trouble is that these are commercially sensitive discussions and whilst it’s boring as hell waiting to hear (I’m constantly looking everywhere for something), all we can do is sit and wait.
    I accept I could make myself look even sillier here but for me morison appointed would be a million to one bet.

As in it just isn't going to happen. I can't see any way that happens. Rhys Griffiths won cymru premier manager of season for penybont. That's also about a million to one but I'd say he's more likely than morison.

Not saying he’d be anything like my first choice, but why are so many on here dead set against Sol Bamba getting the job?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not saying he’d be anything like my first choice, but why are so many on here dead set against Sol Bamba getting the job?
    Because of trollope morison and hudson I'd guess.

Not personal against bamba but it would be an unbelievably lazy appointment. What other championship club would consider giving him a managers job at this stage?

being reported we are looking at some US based managers - I wonder who that might be

We have maybe/probably the worst squad in the league , have a part transfer embargo and Sol has no experience in management and we have no idea on his coaching ability.

Its going to be a huge task to stay up next season. Employing a novice manager/coach is asking for trouble. Especially with what is a sub standard coaching team behind him.

Id rather him than Steve Morison though.( im really hoping that hes been talked about because of in the knowers being wrong). Id like to say our club arent stupid enough to appoint Morison but I cant.

being reported we are looking at some US based managers - I wonder who that might be
    Links?

I feel the same about Bamba as I did about Hudson - both good captains, good professionals, good guys, and potentially good coaches or assistants, but not management material.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bob Bradley is actually a decent manager, despite his time at the Jacks.

did very well at LAFC (who Tan used to have a stake in) got them playing a high energy high pressing style.

Also his successor Steve Cherundolo is pretty well regarded.

Ted Lasso

Bob Bradley is actually a decent manager, despite his time at the Jacks.

did very well at LAFC (who Tan used to have a stake in) got them playing a high energy high pressing style.

Also his successor Steve Cherundolo is pretty well regarded.
    MLS is garbage. The standard is abysmal. Bradley is an awful manager, the Swansea players laughed at him as his methods were so out of date. He is terrible.

Based on the last 5(?) appointments, I’d be against anyone Tan picks as manager

Seriously though, this is an enormous job and it’ll be too big for a rookie manager. It was way too big for Morison and Hudson. Bamba would be on a hiding to nothing. We need a more experienced coach who can get the best out of the players.

Wazza? Earnie (currently coaching, not managing)?

Gerhard Struber, he’s just left NYRB

He never came across the brightest when he used to be on Sky. Also the way he tried to make the club out to be the bad guys running to the media to try and keep his name relevant “I found out on twitter I was being released” it was pathetic especially when it later turned out MM had told him and of course the clue is if your out of contract and you don’t have a new contract infront of you.

I don’t think he comes across as very nice person to be honest, I don’t think he’s as nice as the persona the media try to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    MLS is garbage. The standard is abysmal. Bradley is an awful manager, the Swansea players laughed at him as his methods were so out of date. He is terrible.
    Would be hilarious mind

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He never came across the brightest when he used to be on Sky. Also the way he tried to make the club out to be the bad guys running to the media to try and keep his name relevant “I found out on twitter I was being released” it was pathetic especially when it later turned out MM had told him and of course the clue is if your out of contract and you don’t have a new contract infront of you.

I don’t think he comes across as very nice person to be honest, I don’t think he’s as nice as the persona the media try to present.
    I think he comes across quite well, especially considering English is not his first language

I've never heard anyone say a bad word about him

I can’t remember a single goal we conceded being down to us playing out from the back - albeit we did less and less of it as the season went on.
    The only one I can think of his Simpson and Sawyers feck up v Huddersfield I think.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I feel the same about Bamba as I did about Hudson - both good captains, good professionals, good guys, and potentially good coaches or assistants, but not management material.
    To be fair, nobody really knows if Bamba would be any good. Giving him a first job with myriad issues would be very, very risky.

I hated Warnock's football passionately (and this isn't a LR solution) but if it was a matter of maximizing the chance of staying up through the embargo, Warnock must be one of the best bets.