+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relegation from the PL

Relegation from the PL

When we were last in the Premier League, we accrued 34 points, a meagre total guaranteed to get you relegated. However, this season it is quite possible, even likely that 34 points will see you safe from the drop. An Everton draw in their final game of the season at home to Bournemouth will see them reach that 'magical' points total. For them to be overtaken, Leeds will need to beat Spurs by 3 clear goals and Leicester will need to get a point at Newcastle and win their final home game against West Ham.

Re: Relegation from the PL

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    When we were last in the Premier League, we accrued 34 points, a meagre total guaranteed to get you relegated. However, this season it is quite possible, even likely that 34 points will see you safe from the drop. An Everton draw in their final game of the season at home to Bournemouth will see them reach that 'magical' points total. For them to be overtaken, Leeds will need to beat Spurs by 3 clear goals and Leicester will need to get a point at Newcastle and win their final home game against West Ham.
    I really wanted Everton to go down but Leeds will do

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We can still hope

Me too. Just in time for that shiny new stadium, would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Still at Goodison next season arent they?

For someone who claims to hate the Premier League and everything about it you seem to be very up to date on PL matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    For someone who claims to hate the Premier League and everything about it you seem to be very up to date on PL matters.
    I don't think that knowing Everton are in a chance of being relegated from the greedy league could be seen as being up to date on it

Maybe in your little mind

Aye , hopefully it will happen soon

I don't think that knowing Everton are in a chance of being relegated from the greedy league could be seen as being up to date on it

Maybe in your little mind
    And yet here you are the first to reply on a thread about the Premier League, knowing which two teams are in a fight to stay up and how you reeeealy wanted Everton to go down. But of course, you have absolute zero interest in the Premier League do you? So you keep telling us anyway. I mean, its not like you to be a hypocrite at all is it?

Sucker

International

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Southampton, Leeds Leicester down, still big clubs, it will be tougher gain next season!

We need a Manager with experience and premier League loan connections if we can stay up in our embargo predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Southampton, Leeds Leicester down, still big clubs, it will be tougher gain next season!

We need a Manager with experience and premier League loan connections if we can stay up in our embargo predicament.
    Congratulations!! You have won this year's "First Messageboard Poster Of The Year To Say That Next Season's Championship Will Be Tougher Than The Last" award. Your prize, which is traditionally an envelope of thin air, will be delivered personally by Sludge Factory at some point after midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Congratulations!! You have won this year's "First Messageboard Poster Of The Year To Say That Next Season's Championship Will Be Tougher Than The Last" award. Your prize, which is traditionally an envelope of thin air, will be delivered personally by Sludge Factory at some point after midnight.
    the poster forgot the two massive clubs coming up as well

I expect every fan in the championship would be more than interested to see who was coming down from the Premier League , especially this season when Everton and the recent PL champions are in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I expect every fan in the championship would be more than interested to see who was coming down from the Premier League , especially this season when Everton and the recent PL champions are in the mix.
    Even a guy who likes to tell us at every opportunity how he has zero interest in the Premier League and how much he despisies all that it stands for? Banging on and on about corporate greed, diving, overpaid primadonna footballers, plastic supporters.etc.etc zzzzzz yet he seems to know more than a thing or two about the matches, teams and players involved.

Somewhat hypoctritical dont you think?

And yet here you are the first to reply on a thread about the Premier League, knowing which two teams are in a fight to stay up and how you reeeealy wanted Everton to go down. But of course, you have absolute zero interest in the Premier League do you? So you keep telling us anyway. I mean, its not like you to be a hypocrite at all is it?

Sucker
    You complete klutz

Even a guy who likes to tell us at every opportunity how he has zero interest in the Premier League and how much he despisies all that it stands for? Banging on and on about corporate greed, diving, overpaid primadonna footballers, plastic supporters.etc.etc zzzzzz yet he seems to know more than a thing or two about the matches, teams and players involved.

Somewhat hypoctritical dont you think?
    Asshole

Asshole

He’s got your number Slugs

International

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    Plymouth and Ipswich, goods clubs, Sheff Wed big club. - Losing Wigan, Reading Blackpool
    Leeds, Southampton, and Leicester, all established Premier League clubs, and Everton Massive, although will probably stay up. - Losing Burnley Sheff U and Luton or Coventry.

It will be tougher for sure for us, we've lost our best players, and best manager (of three for last year) and haven't got a pot to piss in and couldn't spend it if we had one.

Do you two honestly think it's not as tough for us as it was this time last year?

I was hoping for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s got your number Slugs
    He reminds me of you

X

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    Yes, you're right. Disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Plymouth and Ipswich, goods clubs, Sheff Wed big club. - Losing Wigan, Reading Blackpool
    Leeds, Southampton, and Leicester, all established Premier League clubs, and Everton Massive, although will probably stay up. - Losing Burnley Sheff U and Luton or Coventry.

It will be tougher for sure for us, we've lost our best players, and best manager (of three for last year) and haven't got a pot to piss in and couldn't spend it if we had one.

Do you two honestly think it's not as tough for us as it was this time last year?
    Disqualification overturned.

Sludge will be with you in a few hours. He prefers vaseline.