+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not in Bristol, I think they're great
    I thought they were illegal unless used on private land.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought they were illegal unless used on private land.
    https://travelwest.info/projects/e-scooter-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    'according to twitter'. I was hardly giving it a ringing endorsement. Is it that you don't understand things? Or just pretend not to
    Wether you were giving it a ringing endorsement or not you were adding fuel to the rumour fire.

Thankfully there were no more fatalities last night than the orignal 2 lads (RIP) but spreading such misinformation is reckless and dangerous as it proved last night.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wether you were giving it a ringing endorsement or not you were adding fuel to the rumour fire.

Thankfully there were no more fatalities last night than the orignal 2 lads (RIP) but spreading such misinformation is reckless and dangerous as it proved last night.
    was it misinformation though?

We have them in Taunton.

was it misinformation though?
    Well according to the police commisioner himself last night it is not true. They turned up AFTER the collision.

It is being widely reported, locally and nationally, that the police chase was rumours and not fact and those rumours are being blamed for the riots.

International

Well according to the police commisioner himself last night it is not true. They turned up AFTER the collision.

It is being widely reported, locally and nationally, that the police chase was rumours and not fact and those rumours are being blamed for the riots.
    All sorts of rumours, it takes a while for the exact truth to become clear.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    All sorts of rumours, it takes a while for the exact truth to become clear.
    Cardiff can't manage push bikes, our yobs would steal or burn them all out in a week.

So two kids died on escooters at the same time? Hit by a car?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Cardiff can't manage push bikes, our yobs would steal or burn them all out in a week.
    do you think our yobs are any worse than Bristol's yobs?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hit by a car, or they hit a car?
    Ive read (with the disclaimer it was on the Internet) that they collided with a bus. Not confirmed either how many scooters they were riding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hit by a car, or they hit a car?
    Ive read (with the disclaimer it was on the Internet) that they collided with a bus. Not confirmed either how many scooters they were riding.
    The PCC said "two teenagers on an off-road bike or scooter", seems like one.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The PCC said "two teenagers on an off-road bike or scooter", seems like one.
    That's the impression I got aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Sad that 2 young people died there. Social media rumours to blame for the aftermath it seems. Sorry business all round.
    On a wider point, I was in Bristol recently and witnessed motorised scooters weaving in and out of rush hour traffic, no helmets, no protection. These 2 in Ely won't be the last unfortunately.
    I was in my wife's car last night, Newport Rd, in the dark - two teenagers on the same e-scooter, no lights, no reflectors, not even light clothing.
    Accident waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not if he was surrounded by 5 of them

Even Bruce Lee said to run away from that
    That's nonsense, I saw him take on a huge mob in Enter the Dragon.

International

do you think our yobs are any worse than Bristol's yobs?
    For damaging the next bikes apparently, we were!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...e-why-22112287

https://highways-news.com/bike-hire-...0into%20rivers.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-...e-to-vandalism

https://www.traveline.cymru/news/202...and-vandalism/

There was talk of changing the name of the river taff to the river OVO.

I see where you're coming from. But the reality is, that was the story that was doing the rounds. It helps to provide a context as to why this whole horrible event occured. It's a damn good lesson on the dangers of social media I suppose.

I think people reporting it as fact on social media and whipping people up is wrong. But mentioning the social media speculation on a football message board, I don't see how that's inflammatory to be honest.

Certainly wasn't my intention to report it as fact, hence why I mentioned it was from twitter.

There is a specific reason why it all kicked off, and I haven't seen anybody mention it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    BBC now reporting it was an electric bike, big difference from a (normal) e-scooter in terms of the speed it could hit with a passenger on the back. Basically half way between a mountain bike and a full-on motorbike.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is a specific reason why it all kicked off, and I haven't seen anybody mention it on here.
    People couldn't see who it was as closed off for a crime scene yesterday people were saying, if not that what was it?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I was in my wife's car last night, Newport Rd, in the dark - two teenagers on the same e-scooter, no lights, no reflectors, not even light clothing.
    Accident waiting to happen.
    See this a lot….black clothes and sometimes a balaclava, 007 they ain’t……

Yet another reminder of the dregs of society that live among us. 2 youngsters killed tragically, (whether they were in the wrong or not) and the local oxygen thieves start rioting, attacking police, and setting fire to cars.
    Basically terrifying their own neighbours, smashing up their own neighbourhood, and not giving a fu*k about the families of the 2 victims.

It was a sur-ron e bike not a scooter, they're dangerously fast and you see a lot of them around Ely.

A lot of Ely residents saying it was a police chase, so who knows. Surprised so many people actually trust south wales police with their track record. They're notoriously the most corrupt force in the UK? I've had a terrible experience with them about 10 years ago, with false statements produced. So I'm not automatically believing there wasn't a chase, My mate who lives in Ely told me about the incident, and the rumour about the police chase/bus involved, a while before the riots broke out. I'll wait for the truth to come out.

The riots are a disgrace by the way, causing more bother for neighbours than the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65687785

CCTV shows police following bike..