+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dean Saunders

Dean Saunders

Did anybody on here ever see him play for us?

Re: Dean Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yes. I think a lot on here would. All I can remember is one turn and shot to the top corner which was well saved. Dont know who it was against though.

I may be wrong but I think Saunders may have been one of the scorers for the Jacks in the first away derby I went to. We were 2 up and lost 3-2. Best remembered by City fans invading the pitch from the East Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes. I think a lot on here would. All I can remember is one turn and shot to the top corner which was well saved. Dont know who it was against though.

I may be wrong but I think Saunders may have been one of the scorers for the Jacks in the first away derby I went to. We were 2 up and lost 3-2. Best remembered by City fans invading the pitch from the East Terrace.
    He scored the winner

Remembered as well by city fans scrapping on the north bank

Yes, I remember he wasn’t very good for us

I saw him play for us. I believe he played on the right wing but wasn't very good. I could be wrong though.

I did.

Saw Godfrey Ingram too and yes, I saw Ronnie Moore score!

I have seen him in that you tube video absolutely leathered after drink driving 🚘

Interesting that he wasn't very good for us, though 4 games on loan at a rival probably wasn't the best environment for him in a team destined for Division 3.

Given the career he had, where at one point he was one of the best strikers in the PL, I think it's a case of wrong player, wrong club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting that he wasn't very good for us, though 4 games on loan at a rival probably wasn't the best environment for him in a team destined for Division 3.

Given the career he had, where at one point he was one of the best strikers in the PL, I think it's a case of wrong player, wrong club.
    And too many lagers

Late developing player.

Rumours have it we released him as his dad pestered the life out of the club to play him. .

What a bright lovely dad.

Learn something new every day, didn't know he ever played for us. Just before I was born but I've never even heard him mentioned in relation to city.

We've had a few good strikers who played for us at the wrong time. John Charles and Robbie Fowler spring to mind. Any more?

We've had a few good strikers who played for us at the wrong time. John Charles and Robbie Fowler spring to mind. Any more?
    There must be a lot of 'final pay day' strikers who were very good earlier in their careers, but past it or on their last stretch when they came to us:

Rickie Lambert, Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink, Kevin Campbell...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Late developing player.

Rumours have it we released him as his dad pestered the life out of the club to play him. .

What a bright lovely dad.
    What do you mean we released him? He was on loan.

And if his dad was guiding his career, he probably did a decent job seeing as Saunders was at one point the UK record transfer.