+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women's Footy

Women's Footy

Tried to watch todays game Reading v Chelsea , find it a hard watch , they can't defend or have show goalkeeping skills .

Long live fellas football

Re: Women's Footy

this should learn you up

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

this should learn you up
    Seen a decent parks footballer hit the ball harder.

Have tried watching but really not interested. The air time it’s getting is staggering though, sky sports news all over it like it’s cutting edge hot topics in the sporting world. “News just in” cobblers and let’s be honest no one is really that bothered.
    It may gather pace over the next 5/10years as a lot of female youngsters playing park/youth football which of course is great but I think it’s sort of being forced upon us as spectators in general with the media and I don’t think it’ll ever be on par with the men’s game.

The coverage on SSN is ridiculous.

The managers interviews as well they are acting as though they are Pep , Klopp etc.

I enjoy it up until the goalkeepers, a good female keeper is worth gold, not seen one yet.

I went to Wembley to watch the woman's FA cup final, we all enjoyed the day out, a few beers, a bite to eat, game of football

its not mens football, so I dont understand why people need to compare the 2, take it for what it is and enjoy it, I dont follow the woman's professional game ( just as I dont really follow the EPL that much ) I didnt know where the 2 FA cup final teams finished in the league, I still dont, mainly because I dont care, I coach a girls team, I watch woman's grassroots games as they are on a Sunday afternoon around here, We go and have ice cream, watch the game and thats it

The only women’s game I went to a ground to watch was that Champions League Final at Cardiff City Stadium, it was crap and itwas obvious at half time that no one was going to score - I’d had enough by the time ninety minutes had been played and left early in extra time.

That put me off women’s football for a while, but I quite enjoy it now and watch all of Wales’ games especially- the club game has got the same problem as The Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga etc in that you know the team which is going to win it most of the time before a ball is kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I went to Wembley to watch the woman's FA cup final, we all enjoyed the day out, a few beers, a bite to eat, game of football

its not mens football, so I dont understand why people need to compare the 2, take it for what it is and enjoy it, I dont follow the woman's professional game ( just as I dont really follow the EPL that much ) I didnt know where the 2 FA cup final teams finished in the league, I still dont, mainly because I dont care, I coach a girls team, I watch woman's grassroots games as they are on a Sunday afternoon around here, We go and have ice cream, watch the game and thats it
    I don't think people are comparing the two - it's just that, as others have said, it's built up on the media out of all proportion. in the 'football scores' section of the BBC sport website the WSL results are listed ahead of the Championship results.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I don't think people are comparing the two - it's just that, as others have said, it's built up on the media out of all proportion. in the 'football scores' section of the BBC sport website the WSL results are listed ahead of the Championship results.
    Scottish Premiership results are also listed ahead of Championship results. Do you object to that as well? I’m asking because I’ve never seen you mention it.

Let them stick to knitting or making cakes. Best place for them

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Seen a decent parks footballer hit the ball harder.
    of course, almost all men are stronger than almost all women.

just like you will find decent club tennis players who can serve harder than top women players - that doesn't mean that there isn't a place for women's tennis

The quality of the women's game has improved greatly, probably stemming from the 2012 Olympics. It doesn't though warrant the amount of coverage it gets though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The quality of the women's game has improved greatly, probably stemming from the 2012 Olympics. It doesn't though warrant the amount of coverage it gets though.
    The amount of media coverage it gets is utterly ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The amount of media coverage it gets is utterly ludicrous.
    I’ve always felt the same about cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And golf.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And golf.
    Horse racing

Darts

Snooker

London Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's your problem, not cricket's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe only things that appeal to middle aged white straight men should be on the TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Maybe only things that appeal to middle aged white straight men should be on the TV?
    naked women gravy wrestling

Well that's for others to decide

But cricket , golf , formula 1 and horse racing is banned as far as I am concerned

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    That's your problem, not cricket's.

That's bye the bye if you will pardon the terminology

Ban it from TV and radio

And if its already banned , ban it again

🥱 you forgot "privileged" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    🥱 you forgot "privileged" too.
    you forgot nazi , fascist

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    you forgot nazi , fascist
    I forgot nonsense-spouting halfwits too.