+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Full Kit Wkr Cyclists

Full Kit Wkr Cyclists

You know the type, those that dress up like they are sponsored to ride in a famous race. I'd like to think there are more sensible cyclist than the planks that think they own the road. Today, I was driving on a narrow road at 20 MPH, when a hurd of these tossers came around the corner toward me taking up well over half the width of the road, its safer to ride like that apparently, but not on a narrow road coming around a corner. Anyways they had no intention of tucking in for a safe passage, missing me by about a foot. Imagine the cuffufle if you were behind them and overtook them leaving just 12 inches !

I have heard theres a guy that rides the Llantrisant road with a helmet cam, and actively seeks 'close passers by' and sends the footage to the police and at least one person has been heavily penalised.

I'll await such a penalty now for the cyclist riding too close to me.

Re: Full Kit Wkr Cyclists

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    You know the type, those that dress up like they are sponsored to ride in a famous race. I'd like to think there are more sensible cyclist than the planks that think they own the road. Today, I was driving on a narrow road at 20 MPH, when a hurd of these tossers came around the corner toward me taking up well over half the width of the road, its safer to ride like that apparently, but not on a narrow road coming around a corner. Anyways they had no intention of tucking in for a safe passage, missing me by about a foot. Imagine the cuffufle if you were behind them and overtook them leaving just 12 inches !

I have heard theres a guy that rides the Llantrisant road with a helmet cam, and actively seeks 'close passers by' and sends the footage to the police and at least one person has been heavily penalised.

Invariably a group of 40-50yr old blokes who look like they've been squeezed into tights two sizes too small, getting their weekend exercise after a week behind a desk.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Invariably a group of 40-50yr old blokes who look like they've been squeezed into tights two sizes too small, getting their weekend exercise after a week behind a desk.
    I'm in my 50s but the rest is probably spot on 🙂

I see them down the beach. Who goes on vacation and takes not only their bike but their FKW gear as well? I can understand riding a bike for fun at the beach but these ride in packs at speed on quiet streets and they're a ****ing nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I see them down the beach. Who goes on vacation and takes not only their bike but their FKW gear as well? I can understand riding a bike for fun at the beach but these ride in packs at speed on quiet streets and they're a ****ing nuisance.
    It's a specific demographic as well, not that there's anything wrong with what they do, it's perfectly legal, and it doesn't particularly bother me that much, but FFS, just go and have a kick about down roath rec or something instead Plenty of them a fatties as well, squeezing into tight lycra, i mean c'mon

I take my hat off to them but even as a kid I hated cycling

I am amazed more of them don't get wiped out mind , I am always very cautious when driving near them as one slip and they are under your wheels

A lot of them are very thin though , they don't look healthy at all

And very few women

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

To be fair. I could drive for about 10 minutes and with a cam could get loads of drivers heavily penalised. Mobiles , speed , tailgating , eating , doing make up etc.

The culture of cycling here in Poland is so noticeably different. Virtually no helmets, zero hi-viz or Lycra. The demographic is also very different, mainly pensioners, predominantly females, shopping bag on each handlebar. Much higher percentage of people cycling, purpose built cycle paths empty, everyone cycles on the road. In winter is really dangerous, kids cycling to school in dark clothes and all of the cycling nuns also in black.

Cats & dogs in cycle baskets, cats & dogs in pushchairs, cats on leads ….. chickens that cross the road every day using a zebra crossing (cue jokes). Just a different approach to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a specific demographic as well, not that there's anything wrong with what they do, it's perfectly legal, and it doesn't particularly bother me that much, but FFS, just go and have a kick about down roath rec or something instead Plenty of them a fatties as well, squeezing into tight lycra, i mean c'mon
    Try riding a bike for any length of time in regular shorts and t shirt. Not only is your sweat lifted away from your body with lycra, the padded insert prevents your plums from taking a battering.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Try riding a bike for any length of time in regular shorts and t shirt. Not only is your sweat lifted away from your body with lycra, the padded insert prevents your plums from taking a battering.
    Those breathable, wick away tops ?

Is it just me or are they absolutely useless ?

I think that i might enjoy my plums taking a battering.

I used to ride 12 miles a day in street clothes. The only problem I ever had was riding home in the rain. If it was raining in the morning, I'd just take the subway.