Does anyone feel that we were really hard done by on our last 2 premier league campaigns. I mean there’s the obvious where decisions seem to be given to the giant clubs time and time again but I’m not really referring to that. The first time I genuinely believe that Malky would have kept us up. Although we were in and out or near relegation area for most of the season we just seemed to have these moments where we got results and I’m pretty convinced we would have survived. Then Malky did something stupid (texts etc) was caught and got sacked. We were unfortunate that we lost a great manager due to his stupidity really. I for one was gutted I really liked him and felt let down. That said the decision that the board made next was the wrong one!

Then we go up with Warnock against a lot of odds. He is a great manager whatever anyone says about him he certainly knows how to get promoted without a luxurious squad. Again we were around the relegation area but I do believe that we would have just scrapped survival because I know what warnock is like. Then tragedy struck with Sala’s plane crashing - a player lost his life is such awful circumstances and I just don’t think Warnock ever really got over it. I don’t think any manager would have. He lost his way abit after this and we went down.

Both times though it is always the decision that the board made next which was the wrong one - easy to say in hindsight I know but we were extremely unlucky not to stay up on both occasions. Let’s hope 3rd time lucky (for the premier league) if and when we do go up. P.s. I’m not expecting a promotion anytime soon though.