+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Re: Manager rumours..

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...ister-the-club

He'd at least be use to the chaos. He does seem to have done a good job at Chaves, in all seriousness.
    I’ll be happy with the delay IF the club select the right manager.

This Campelos does seem interesting. Not sure if it’s the unknown but I’d like a punt on him

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's going to be Nathan Jones - he's been gone too long...
    If Jones does become manager, then Mike needs to put up a fine for this pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Interesting! We have options?!?!
    it's like waiting for a bus on here

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's going to be Nathan Jones - he's been gone too long...
    He's even had Motown classic written about him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzQOvcw6cZk

Does seem everything points to Vitor Campelis

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Interesting! We have options?!?!
    Who would want to manage Cardiff City? As it turns out, quite a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who would want to manage Cardiff City? As it turns out, quite a lot of people.
    I know, people talk like it's unblocking public toilets on minimum wage, and all these candidates have a shed load of options open to the, they don't. It's a big job in British football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know, people talk like it's unblocking public toilets on minimum wage, and all these candidates have a shed load of options open to the, they don't. It's a big job in British football.
    Exactly.

https://twitter.com/zachlowy/status/...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

Vítor Campelos is set to become Cardiff City’s new manager — all that’s missing is the green light from Chaves, per @Record_Portugal.

He’s done a brilliant job at Chaves these past few years on a shoestring budget — let’s see how he does in Wales.

More information in the thread.

Maybe the air of tactical genius improves with the exoticness of the name?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    https://twitter.com/zachlowy/status/...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

Vítor Campelos is set to become Cardiff City’s new manager — all that’s missing is the green light from Chaves, per @Record_Portugal.

He’s done a brilliant job at Chaves these past few years on a shoestring budget — let’s see how he does in Wales.

More information in the thread.
    It's the green light from Tan that is missing according to WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Oscar Garcia
    It's 100% going to be Oscar Garcia, the only way it won't be is if he doesn't agree to the fine print tmrw. There'll be a press conference to announce it tmrw, so I'm told by my relative 👍

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It's 100% going to be Oscar Garcia, the only way it won't be is if he doesn't agree to the fine print tmrw. There'll be a press conference to announce it tmrw, so I'm told by my relative ��
    Is he the owner of the other board

No, thank f**k😂

I've put Ł100 on it, I hope to god he's not pulling my chain... 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Whatever response you receive from your reply will be your fault for asking LOM what he is on about.
    I’ve bought myself a LOM decoder off Amazon, the neighbours are complaining about the noise from the huge generator that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve bought myself a LOM decoder off Amazon, the neighbours are complaining about the noise from the huge generator that comes with it.
    Was it originally devised in Bletchley Park?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Was it originally devised in Bletchley Park?
    This is LOM we’re talking about, Bletchley Park has its limits.

This Twitter thread on Campelos is worth a read.

https://twitter.com/zachlowy/status/...SeQDCMl5FM5pZw

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This Twitter thread on Campelos is worth a read.

https://twitter.com/zachlowy/status/...SeQDCMl5FM5pZw

This is from Zach Lowy, a European football journalist:

Campelos would do a very good job at Cardiff.

Chaves were in the race for Europe until the final weeks of the season but they neglected to apply for a UEFA license and automatically disqualified themselves. Wonder if that played a role in Campelos’ U-turn from signing a new contract to leaving Chaves.

Many had Chaves down as relegation candidates — they’ve not only finished seventh with the best return out of any of the three promoted teams, but they’ve also played some very good football. Campelos has done a great job developing players like Bruno Langa and Joăo Mendes.

Chaves’ joint-top scorers are Steven Vitória, a 36-year-old Canadian center back, and Hector Hernandez, a Spanish striker who missed two months due to injury, with 7 goals.

They’ve punched above their weight and maximized their potential without spending a dime.

Chaves sold Brazilian center back Alexsandro to Lille last summer and sold Angolan winger Joăo Batxi to Krasnodar a few days before the window, two vital cogs in their promotion.

They haven’t missed a beat and have exceeded expectations in the top-flight this season.

He’s like Mourinho, someone who modifies his tactics based on the opponent rather than a set philosophy.

Has mainly switched between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3 and required a lot of contribution from his fullbacks (Bruno Langa and Joăo Correia) to go forward

Chaves were in the race for Europe until the final two weeks, they have beaten Braga, Benfica and Sporting, and they’ve done so with their only goalscoring outlet Hector Hernandez being injured for a few months.

I see less fancied by the bookies are Michael Chopra, Gary Monk and Russell Slade.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager