+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ramsey coming back?

Re: Ramsey coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It was encouraging that he was a regular starter at Nice in the 2nd-half of last season.

Not sure what standards are like in Ligue 1 overall, but I'd imagine it's reasonably competitive and Nice finished in the top-half.
    Ligue 1 gets a bad rap, if Nice only finished 9th, it isn't a bad standard. Lyon and Monaco missed out on European football next season. It will be interesting to see what happens to the standard when it goes to an 18 team league for 23/24.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    He didn't exactly set the Scottish Premier alight when he was at Rangers. Are we viewing things with rose tinted spectacles. He had a disappointing world cup too.
    He's a regular starter for a top half Ligue 1 side, a league which is higher quality than the SPL. No-one really performed at the world cup, playing in a midfield two didn't help.

If he's on reasonable wages (I'd hope so considering the stupid money Juve paid him) then he's worth a punt for a year or two. Would easily be our best player

I think we saw last night all we needed to - If you cannot raise your game when leading your country against a team ranked 70 places below yours and in front of a full house - I think the time may have come. All glorious careers come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    I think we saw last night all we needed to - If you cannot raise your game when leading your country against a team ranked 70 places below yours and in front of a full house - I think the time may have come. All glorious careers come to an end.
    Rubbish, most of those players play at championship level or above and do just fine, sadly tactically we are screwed with Page in charge. The whole team is fighting a losing battle.

I would like to be proved wrong. But time waits for no man... If it didn't we would have John Toshack up front.

He's going to be a 60 minute game then off to the showers player

And that won't be every game

If something can be worked out then great

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Rubbish, most of those players play at championship level or above and do just fine, sadly tactically we are screwed with Page in charge. The whole team is fighting a losing battle.
    Bale managed to succeed in this team and whilst Ramsay never was at his level, he’s looked anonymous in the Cymru team for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you honestly believe anybody who didn't already have one would buy a season ticket on the strength of the club signing Ramsey?
    Anyone buying a ST on the back of this?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I went back to the ball and chain of having a ST on the last day of earlybird prices, and feel like i've done the right thing if it happens

Yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Bale managed to succeed in this team and whilst Ramsay never was at his level, he’s looked anonymous in the Cymru team for quite a while.
    Not sure on that Bale literally did nothing at the World Cup and was struggling before it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not sure on that Bale literally did nothing at the World Cup and was struggling before it.
    He scored our only goal?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He scored our only goal?
    Ok yeah he scored the pen apologies.

Performance wise there wasn’t many if any worse than him. He could hardly move, couldn’t keep the ball he looked well past it and it was no surprise he retired. Others struggled including Ramsey but they were still able to put a shift in.

7,603 left for sale on the site. Be interesting to see how that changes if Ramsey signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    **** sake. I’m not doing this again
    ohhhh yes you are!