+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tottenham

tottenham

should be able to beat rangers next season then

Re: tottenham

He seems like a great man manager and the Celtic players all rave about him but agreed, it's a big step up from having by far the best squad in the Scottish Prem to trying to manage a team struggling for a top 4 finish in England who will almost certainly be a bit of a rebuild job without Kane next season.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    I have a couple of friends who are Spurs fans and they aren’t happy.

It seems like an absolutely massive downgrade from Nagelsmann and Enrique, if they were really in for them.

I have to say, I really do wonder about Levy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

It seems like an absolutely massive downgrade from Nagelsmann and Enrique, if they were really in for them.

seems to be a 50/50 split , he was successful in australia, japan and scotland, vs he was successful in austalia, japan and scotland

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    He seems like a great man manager and the Celtic players all rave about him but agreed, it's a big step up from having by far the best squad in the Scottish Prem to trying to manage a team struggling for a top 4 finish in England who will almost certainly be a bit of a rebuild job without Kane next season.
    Where’s Kane going? Wherever it is, it’s 3-4 seasons too late.

How were they feeling when Spurs appointed Mourinho and Conte? Given how those choices worked out, you’d imagine Spurs fans would have learned that big names aren’t necessarily the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Where’s Kane going? Wherever it is, it’s 3-4 seasons too late.
    Real Madrid to replace Benzema.
    If Spurs don't cash in on him now, they may never will

It's hilarious that a club that hasn't won a First Division/Premiership title in over sixty years and nothing at all in fifteen have such entitled fans who don't just demand trophies, but also that they have to be won while playing stylish football. I remember Celtic fans being very sniffy about Postecoglou when he was first linked to the manager's job, but I would have thought there aren't many who are glad to see him go now. Seems to me that Postecoglou is a good appointment for a club like Spurs, but most of their fans have ideas way above their station.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's hilarious that a club that hasn't won a First Division/Premiership title in over sixty years and nothing at all in fifteen have such entitled fans who don't just demand trophies, but also that they have to be won while playing stylish football. I remember Celtic fans being very sniffy about Postecoglou when he was first linked to the manager's job, but I would have thought there aren't many who are glad to see him go now. Seems to me that Postecoglou is a good appointment for a club like Spurs, but most of their fans have ideas way above their station.
    Another school of thought to... "a club that hasn't won a First Division/Premiership title in over sixty years and nothing at all in fifteen", is that a club of their size and supporter base, would have naturally grown expectation during that time.
    I don't think it's unreasonable that Spurs fans question why success has deluded them for such a long time.

Traditionally, they (Spurs fans) have played their part by turning up in large numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Another school of thought to... "a club that hasn't won a First Division/Premiership title in over sixty years and nothing at all in fifteen", is that a club of their size and supporter base, would have naturally grown expectation during that time.
    I don't think it's unreasonable that Spurs fans question why success has deluded them for such a long time.

Traditionally, they (Spurs fans) have played their part by turning up in large numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Well spotted!

eluded*

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How were they feeling when Spurs appointed Mourinho and Conte? Given how those choices worked out, you’d imagine Spurs fans would have learned that big names aren’t necessarily the answer.
    They were delighted - a big club appointing managers with proven track records in England and Europe. So winners at the highest level.

It didn't work out obviously but every Spurs fan I know (there are a few around here) see this chap as their Russell Slade.

You say that Bob, but if we were the 10 wealthiest club in the world (that is where Spurs show up in most reviews of the world's wealthiest clubs) we'd have high expectations too.

They were delighted - a big club appointing managers with proven track records in England and Europe. So winners at the highest level.

It didn't work out obviously but every Spurs fan I know (there are a few around here) see this chap as their Russell Slade.
    Really? There are Spurs fans who’ve heard of Russell Slade?

First Team

Playing devils advocate here but aren't most supporter bases deluded when viewed by a third party?

I simply can't imagine Swansea or Bristol City supporters saying what a level headed and realistic bunch we are.

It just comes with the territory.

You say that Bob, but if we were the 10 wealthiest club in the world (that is where Spurs show up in most reviews of the world's wealthiest clubs) we'd have high expectations too.
    Not when they’ve had to wait so long for trophies. Liverpool, Man United andArsenal (clubs that Spursfans often compare them to) have had long spells without winning the league title, but there were always cup wins to fall back on (theChampions League in Liverpool’s case) to help keep the fans fairly happy.

It’s very telling that Pochettino chose to go to Chelsea over a return to Spurs, they seem to have become a very difficult side to manage and theirCEO, who used to be held up as an example for others to aspire to, is increasingly looking past his sell by date. As for the team, their performances over the second half of the season were shocking considering the money that has been thrown at it - they’re a top ten PremierLeague club that should start matching all of their talk with some action.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Playing devils advocate here but aren't most supporter bases deluded when viewed by a third party?

I simply can't imagine Swansea or Bristol City supporters saying what a level headed and realistic bunch we are.

It just comes with the territory.
    I disagree, I think it’s reasonable with our recent and not so recent history to expect us to be a top half Championship side - anything higher than that does seem a bit entitled to me, but I don’t read many on here or hear many in conversation saying they expect us to be in the Premier Leagueyear in, year out.

spurs are pretty unfortunate that their resurgence has almost exactly corresponded to the emergence of Man City and all of their sportwashing money and financial skulduggery.

I've seen plenty of spots fans, even after the recent relegation, saying that they would swap the last 10 years of results with Leicester in a flash.

I'm sure their shareholders might not agree though

I disagree, I think it’s reasonable with our recent and not so recent history to expect us to be a top half Championship side - anything higher than that does seem a bit entitled to me, but I don’t read many on here or hear many in conversation saying they expect us to be in the Premier Leagueyear in, year out.
    the trouble is the championship is so close every year that there is a fag paper between 80% of the teams in the division most seasons

Not when they’ve had to wait so long for trophies. Liverpool, Man United andArsenal (clubs that Spursfans often compare them to) have had long spells without winning the league title, but there were always cup wins to fall back on (theChampions League in Liverpool’s case) to help keep the fans fairly happy.

It’s very telling that Pochettino chose to go to Chelsea over a return to Spurs, they seem to have become a very difficult side to manage and theirCEO, who used to be held up as an example for others to aspire to, is increasingly looking past his sell by date. As for the team, their performances over the second half of the season were shocking considering the money that has been thrown at it - they’re a top ten PremierLeague club that should start matching all of their talk with some action.
    It all goes well, poch can pick up £10m for six months work. He'll have to try not to win too many games though.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really? There are Spurs fans who’ve heard of Russell Slade?
    After I told them ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It all goes well, poch can pick up £10m for six months work. He'll have to try not to win too many games though.
    Lol

My sort of work.

International

Definitely, he's like a pub manager compared, gone by the end of the season I reckon.

International

They are a 2nd tier premier league team, they might want to be 1st tier with Liverpool and above but they never will be unless they increase the wage cap and start making comparative signings with Liverpool, ManU ManC, and Chelsea, this bloke will just take them down a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Definitely, he's like a pub manager compared, gone by the end of the season I reckon.
    I think he will do well