+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Algarve for pre-season

Algarve for pre-season

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...bulut-27059609

No idea if this includes a game because the plans are going to be changed.

Re: Algarve for pre-season

Is it true Portugal is a nice place to go because its hot but has cooling breezes off the Atlantic?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is it true Portugal is a nice place to go because its hot but has cooling breezes off the Atlantic?
    exactly.

my ideal summer holiday. been 6 or 7 times now. love it

Madonna and Clooney have bought chunks of land in the South West area. Get down there Sludge - a bit of rotten old vulva for you to eyeball over your shades. She must be knocking on 70 so I fancy your chances. Send us all a postcard with the gory details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...bulut-27059609

No idea if this includes a game because the plans are going to be changed.
    Got fed up after 5 minutes waiting for it to load, f uck ing WOL shit

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Madonna and Clooney have bought chunks of land in the South West area. Get down there Sludge - a bit of rotten old vulva for you to eyeball over your shades. She must be knocking on 70 so I fancy your chances. Send us all a postcard with the gory details.
    She's a gimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    exactly.

my ideal summer holiday. been 6 or 7 times now. love it
    Fly from Cardiff ?

I haven't been to the Algarve but on the Dave Jones holiday special in Lisbon in 2007 it got up to 30 degrees and one of the games kicked off at 10am to avoid the afternoon heat.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Erol Bulut has already started to make his mark on Cardiff after it was revealed he tore up the club's pre-season plans and wants to re-work it to fit with his own idea of what the trip should be.

As time ticked on this summer, supporters were eager to find out where the club would be heading on pre-season and indeed what fixtures they had lined up.

Well, Bulut has come in and had some ideas of his own, with the new boss insisting he looks at the plans and tries to revise them before they head off to the Algarve in the coming weeks.

"Well, I thought we could (say something about pre-season plans), but Erol just tore it all up! We have to start all over again," chairman Mehmet Dalman said.

"We can say we have Portugal lined up. Portugal is done - the Algarve. But Erol has already ripped it up. He wants to look at it and re-plan it and we will do that."

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fly from Cardiff ?
    there are cardiff flights at the moment but they are early morning. we did it from bournemouth last summer as the times were more sociable.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    there are cardiff flights at the moment but they are early morning. we did it from bournemouth last summer as the times were more sociable.
    Imagine finding the perfect spot for you and the family on the beach

Late twenties , cooling breeze , can of Stella

You look to your left and I am there in my machine head t shirt

Would you want you money back ?

I went to Turkey once

It was insanely hot 🔥

Never again

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Erol Bulut has already started to make his mark on Cardiff after it was revealed he tore up the club's pre-season plans and wants to re-work it to fit with his own idea of what the trip should be.

As time ticked on this summer, supporters were eager to find out where the club would be heading on pre-season and indeed what fixtures they had lined

Well, Bulut has come in and had some ideas of his own, with the new boss insisting he looks at the plans and tries to revise them before they head off to the Algarve in the coming weeks.

"Well, I thought we could (say something about pre-season plans), but Erol just tore it all up! We have to start all over again," chairman Mehmet Dalman said.

"We can say we have Portugal lined up. Portugal is done - the Algarve. But Erol has already ripped it up. He wants to look at it and re-plan it and we will do that."

Thanks for that, what was the bit about signing players though

Four of us booked a villa Algarve flying out next Friday for a week town of Almancil never been before

Portugal is our “Safe” holiday Sludge
    We usually go for a long weekend or Monday to Friday
    Ryanair provide a good service to Faro
    Book in advance and the flights don’t work out to bad price wise
    We’ve been all over
    Alvor is great
    Albufueira is good to visit but go to the old town not the new town
    To answer Pembroke Blues’s question I haven’t stayed in Almancil but we’ve stayed at ‘Nina & Paul’s place’ in a tiny village called Santa Barbara de Nexe which is close by
    You’ll definitely be shopping at the MAR shopping mall which is where the locals travel to from far and wide
    There’s a large Pingo Dolce supermarket inside
    It’s a bit like Macarther Glen but on a grander scale
    We’ve been in touch with Filipe with regards to Nina & Paul’s place but it’s his sister that owns it and she lives in Switzerland
    The reason nobody can book is because it’s up for sale
    We’ve had two holidays already this year and next year we’re definitely going for a fortnight to Turkey
    Before anyone says it’s not because of the new manager pmsl
    I had a sarky comment that I only visited Malaysia (Sabah) because it was on our shirt 😂😂😂😂😂

Love a hijacked thread. I'm goin to Teixeira, in the Douro Valley, wine region. Algrave is not for me, i'm a snob! Any tips on that region or particular wineries?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Portugal is our “Safe” holiday Sludge
    We usually go for a long weekend or Monday to Friday
    Ryanair provide a good service to Faro
    Book in advance and the flights don’t work out to bad price wise
    We’ve been all over
    Alvor is great
    Albufueira is good to visit but go to the old town not the new town
    To answer Pembroke Blues’s question I haven’t stayed in Almancil but we’ve stayed at ‘Nina & Paul’s place’ in a tiny village called Santa Barbara de Nexe which is close by
    You’ll definitely be shopping at the MAR shopping mall which is where the locals travel to from far and wide
    There’s a large Pingo Dolce supermarket inside
    It’s a bit like Macarther Glen but on a grander scale
    We’ve been in touch with Filipe with regards to Nina & Paul’s place but it’s his sister that owns it and she lives in Switzerland
    The reason nobody can book is because it’s up for sale
    We’ve had two holidays already this year and next year we’re definitely going for a fortnight to Turkey
    Before anyone says it’s not because of the new manager pmsl
    I had a sarky comment that I only visited Malaysia (Sabah) because it was on our shirt 😂😂😂😂😂
    What's wrong with new Town?

Thanks for that, what was the bit about signing players though
    There was another mention of the Blackburn left-back, Tayo Edun, and a Trabsponzor midfielder, Bakasetas, who would apparently cost millions so WOL just filling some space.

The “New Town” is about 2km from the Old Town thankfully
    It’s mainly one long strip that goes from the Market Restaurant (which is fantastic) and just on the roundabout at the top of the hill which leads to the beach - and runs practically in a straight line for about a mile.
    The New Town has got all of the stags and hens and large groups of mainly Brits
    It’s ok in the afternoon but at night it’s a sea of neon and burnt bodies parading around in Lycra carrying gold fish bowls with straws full of luminous cocktails
    Each bar is in competition with others opposite blaring music trying to entice customers
    You’ve got to be careful not to slip in one of the many pools of vomit you’ll encounter
    As a single traveller I can see the appeal but we unfortunately stayed for a fortnight in a villa just off the strip with a family
    Not the best holiday Sludge 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The “New Town” is about 2km from the Old Town thankfully
    It’s mainly one long strip that goes from the Market Restaurant (which is fantastic) and just on the roundabout at the top of the hill which leads to the beach - and runs practically in a straight line for about a mile.
    The New Town has got all of the stags and hens and large groups of mainly Brits
    It’s ok in the afternoon but at night it’s a sea of neon and burnt bodies parading around in Lycra carrying gold fish bowls with straws full of luminous cocktails
    Each bar is in competition with others opposite blaring music trying to entice customers
    You’ve got to be careful not to slip in one of the many pools of vomit you’ll encounter
    As a single traveller I can see the appeal but we unfortunately stayed for a fortnight in a villa just off the strip with a family
    Not the best holiday Sludge 😳
    Christ that's my idea of hell

Even the lively side of Tenby.....there is one .....is too much for me these days

Amen.

Horrendous site

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Amen.

Horrendous site
    it is awful

If you are travelling to the Algarve it is always advisable to stay away from the tourist hot spots like New Town Albufueira and venture further North or West

There’s nothing more infuriating than getting ripped off

We were charged an extra euro for each of the condiments we asked for
    Tomato Sauce/Mayo and unbelievably Parmesan cheese shaken onto our pasta dishes 😳😳😳

Going to Almancil?
    This is the place to eat

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...t_Algarve.html

It’s by the railway line and bursting with charm. The food is fabulous and the waitresses lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Going to Almancil?
    This is the place to eat

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...t_Algarve.html

It’s by the railway line and bursting with charm. The food is fabulous and the waitresses lovely.
    👍thanks mate will do