+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Play Ojo, feel the fun.

Play Ojo, feel the fun.

That’s the strap line for an advert Sky just showed on the cricket - hope Bulut doesn’t follow the advice.

Re: Play Ojo, feel the fun.

Ojo could be a very good player. He has the technical ability, he can be quick, and he is rarely injured.

If Bulut could do the same job with him that Warnock did with Ken Zohore (even for just a 6 month purple patch) that would be a major result.

But the things missing with Ojo are not technical or physical. He just lacks drive and makes poor decisions. Maybe a coach like Bellamy could do something about that - even over a summer pre-season - but I doubt Bulut will have the time or the inclination, even if Ojo was willing and able to change.

One year left on his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ojo could be a very good player. He has the technical ability, he can be quick, and he is rarely injured.

If Bulut could do the same job with him that Warnock did with Ken Zohore (even for just a 6 month purple patch) that would be a major result.

But the things missing with Ojo are not technical or physical. He just lacks drive and makes poor decisions. Maybe a coach like Bellamy could do something about that - even over a summer pre-season - but I doubt Bulut will have the time or the inclination, even if Ojo was willing and able to change.

I can't wait!

One year to long, he doesn’t score goals, create chances, track back and tackle

In fact I’m not sure what he’s doing on the pitch at all, he is a very poor footballer

Good post jon, you're atleast saying that ojo does possess some ability, but like you're saying, they're things that probably can't be coached, they come from within in my opinion. His ecision making and quality when under pressure can be woeful, and that's down to him, he's probably been told a thousand times to compose himself in those situations, but he just can't do it, the coaching staff can't give him a brain, sadly, or get him to be more instinctive.

If I had the reddies, I’d willingly pay him off

He was coached at Liverpool, unfortunately he’s lazy !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good post jon, you're atleast saying that ojo does possess some ability, but like you're saying, they're things that probably can't be coached, they come from within in my opinion. His ecision making and quality when under pressure can be woeful, and that's down to him, he's probably been told a thousand times to compose himself in those situations, but he just can't do it, the coaching staff can't give him a brain, sadly, or get him to be more instinctive.
    Probably the opposite of Earnie, who was not great technically, especially in his youth, but his composure and natural goalscorer's ability to be in the right place at the right time was a gift that could not be taught.

Ojo seems to have lost his confidence, even then I’m not sure he is good enough. I don’t think he’s as bad as people say but he really isn’t what we need either. A player like him really needs to add goals to his game to make up for his other inabilities.