+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morison

Steve Morison

I can't quite believe this, but he's apparently been appointed as first team manager by Hornchurch FC of the... Pitching In Isthmian League Premier Division

https://www.hornchurchfc.com/2023/06...-announcement/

Re: Steve Morison

good luck to him, not surprised he's taken a step down a few levels , slightly surprised by how many but it is a competitive market I guess

I wonder how many interviews he had before getting the gig at Hornchurch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ...not surprised he's taken a step down a few levels...
    From level 2 to level 7.

Once Pep, won the double and secured his position for another season, Top boy Morow decided to take a job to keep his hand in

In all seriousness he’s found his true level, if he’s lucky

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Once Pep, won the double and secured his position for another season, Top boy Morow decided to take a job to keep his hand in

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

I agree, the praise he got (and still gets from some) baffles me

He built (or had a large hand in building) a poor squad and then consistently threw players under the bus to deflect from his own failings, I'm not surprised clubs aren't banging down his door

I'm surprised he hasn't found a job in League One, League Two or the Conference.

Hornchurch finished second in the Isthmian Premier League this season, four places above Lewes. I wonder if Morison will make a move to sign Ollie Tanner?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hornchurch finished second in the Isthmian Premier League this season, four places above Lewes. I wonder if Morison will make a move to sign Ollie Tanner?
    Only if Spurs don’t get him first😂

I guess his experience of working with no budget and with players of limited ability, may have helped.
    Wonder if he fancies taking Ojo off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I guess his experience of working with no budget and with players of limited ability, may have helped.
    Wonder if he fancies taking Ojo off our hands.
    Most of his signings can go but they are on too much to drop that far down.

Some are probably that standard though.

You reckon Tanner can make the four place leap?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can't quite believe this, but he's apparently been appointed as first team manager by Hornchurch FC of the... Pitching In Isthmian League Premier Division

Potters Bar Town are said to keeping tabs on Erol Bulut’s progress

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't found a job in League One, League Two or the Conference.
    And me, makes you wonder what the football world knows that we don't.

Seems his capacity for manager speak hasn't been affected by his time out of the game.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1666908174027309058

I wonder if vincent tan actually wanted him back?

I did wonder so but having watched the way dalman behaved in the press conference its probably more likely dalman feeding that to the media to further ridicule and undermine tan.

Tan doesnt help himself of course but dalman clearly up to something.

Im sure Morison was never coming back.

I still cant believe some fans think he did ok.

Hes lumbered us with some right crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im sure Morison was never coming back.

I still cant believe some fans think he did ok.

Hes lumbered us with some right crap.
    He did but I don't think that's a reflection on his abilities.

The question is, given he had to realistically bring in that many players, could he have done better? Especially with a tiny budget and a board that has a big influence over signings.

To pin every crap player on him is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

The question is, given he had to realistically bring in that many players, could he have done better? Especially with a tiny budget and a board that has a big influence over signings.

I tend to agree, Morison was far from a great City manager, but he wasn't the worst by any means. As I mentioned earlier, I'm surprised he had to drop as far as he has to get a job although I appreciate it was a former club of his and he probably wouldn't have gone to any other team in the Isthmian League.

There was no need to bring in that many players, it left us with a huge squad. It was an unsure, scattergun approach which lumbered us with shite

We would have been better off focusing our money on a smaller group of better quality players

There was no need to bring in that many players, it left us with a huge squad. It was an unsure, scattergun approach which lumbered us with shite

We would have been better off focusing our money on a smaller group of better quality players
    That was clearly not the plan of football

It was many players, high intensity, utilise 5 subs.

We needed that many players for the style we was going for.

Just the players chosen were crap.

I wouldn't bet against the transfer comittee selecting Ojo, not Morison which probably took a chunk of the wages.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I tend to agree, Morison was far from a great City manager, but he wasn't the worst by any means. As I mentioned earlier, I'm surprised he had to drop as far as he has to get a job although I appreciate it was a former club of his and he probably wouldn't have gone to any other team in the Isthmian League.
    It's not a former club of his. He played non-league football for Bishop's Stortford and Stevenage Borough.

That was clearly not the plan of football

It was many players, high intensity, utilise 5 subs.

We needed that many players for the style we was going for.

Just the players chosen were crap.

I wouldn't bet against the transfer comittee selecting Ojo, not Morison which probably took a chunk of the wages.
    We signed 2 keepers that if you combined them together they still wouldn’t make a good one

An untried right back that couldn’t get into a relegated Scottish league side, as a project??

Sawyers whose coasted through the season

Rinohmota who has disappointed and was no better than we had

Ojo least said the better

Tanner who’s agent could sell ice cream to Eskimos

Etete who is the only one who looks like he could develop with decent coaching

Robinson, ODowda and Collins who look decent Championship players

Kipre and Philogene (after a slow start) were decent loan signings

In the previous January he bought in two forwards as it was clear then, that’s where the priority was

He failed to do that last summer and that’s why we ended up having such a crap scoring record

He can talk all the modern day management speaking an effort to portray that he understands what it means, but whilst he was in the building, on the grass and going through the protocols?

We were sinking like the Titanic

He wasn’t the worst City manager I’ve seen as Alan Durban holds that title, but he was certainly one of the most arrogant underachieving managers that I’ve ever seen

He’s found his level and his limitations talent wise have been exposed, that’s probably why not one other league or conference club have offered him a job imho

It's not a former club of his. He played non-league football for Bishop's Stortford and Stevenage Borough.
    Yes, I misunderstood what he was saying at the start of the video I posted and assumed he had played at Hornchurch before he went to Northampton - the fact he had no connection with Hornchurch before now only makes his decision to drop to that level all the more surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I misunderstood what he was saying at the start of the video I posted and assumed he had played at Hornchurch before he went to Northampton - the fact he had no connection with Hornchurch before now only makes his decision to drop to that level all the more surprising.
    Hornchurch are as far down as a level lower than Morison ever played while he was in non-league (Bishop's Stortford were in the Conference South while he was playing for them). It's an incredible move from level 2 to level 7. Makes you wonder how many times he got knocked back for jobs further up the pyramid and why he's apparently such an unattractive option for Football League and even National League clubs.