+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best parking options at Cardiff airport

Best parking options at Cardiff airport

Public transport links aren't great and so parking is a necessity. Other than the Highwayman (shocking reviews) is there anywhere else you luvvverly people would recommend? 👍

Re: Best parking options at Cardiff airport

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Public transport links aren't great and so parking is a necessity. Other than the Highwayman (shocking reviews) is there anywhere else you luvvverly people would recommend? 👍
    I've used the highwayman four times in the last year and again next week when I go to Amsterdam - never had a problem and really reliable for the pick ups on your way back??

Have you tried “Just Park” app, park on people’s drive, some offer transfer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Have you tried “Just Park” app, park on people’s drive, some offer transfer as well.
    Thanks, ended up finding a voucher and using holidayextras to book the official parking for much less 👍

Seeing that one of the easiest ways to get to Cardiff airport using public transport is to fly there, you'd think they'd make an effort for the parking. People complain that there are relatively few people using the airport so why not offer free/cheap parking as a selling point? Why spend extra money to go to Bristol or elsewhere and have to pay to park? (yes, of course I'm assuming that you can go to where you want from CWL and the airport might have to take back the parking if it's been let out).
    Somebody'd have to make a decision if the money lost from the parking would be worthwhile to attract more people to use the place.

International

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Seeing that one of the easiest ways to get to Cardiff airport using public transport is to fly there, you'd think they'd make an effort for the parking. People complain that there are relatively few people using the airport so why not offer free/cheap parking as a selling point? Why spend extra money to go to Bristol or elsewhere and have to pay to park? (yes, of course I'm assuming that you can go to where you want from CWL and the airport might have to take back the parking if it's been let out).
    Somebody'd have to make a decision if the money lost from the parking would be worthwhile to attract more people to use the place.
    Good idea

International

Robbing bustards some of these, it's useful to see where is close to the airport and then park in the street free outside their house for two weeks, and get an uber from there.

Hong Kong airport you can check in in the centre of the city and check your bags and they go off to the airport without you, then you can hang out in the centre until it is time to go to the airport, then get an MTR train directly to the terminal building. absolutely brilliant.

if it was that convenient to get there with public transport then I'd make a real effort to fly from there as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hong Kong airport you can check in in the centre of the city and check your bags and they go off to the airport without you, then you can hang out in the centre until it is time to go to the airport, then get an MTR train directly to the terminal building. absolutely brilliant.

if it was that convenient to get there with public transport then I'd make a real effort to fly from there as much as possible
    First time I've seen Cardiff city centre compared to Hong Kong TBH! How about setting up the Waverley from The Bay rather than the MRT

Personally I’ve never seen the point/joy, of taking a car to an airport.

The stress of returning home from a long flight, then having to drive home, sorry, get some f uck er to drop you off

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    First time I've seen Cardiff city centre compared to Hong Kong TBH! How about setting up the Waverley from The Bay rather than the MRT
    you've got to aim high

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Robbing bustards some of these, it's useful to see where is close to the airport and then park in the street free outside their house for two weeks, and get an uber from there.
    Can’t blame them if theres demand, I sell my parking space near Barry island, not for much but there is plenty of road parking along the way. I guess some people just prefer to park on a drive and I have cctv on there. Usually nice cars that park tbh.

International

Can’t blame them if theres demand, I sell my parking space near Barry island, not for much but there is plenty of road parking along the way. I guess some people just prefer to park on a drive and I have cctv on there. Usually nice cars that park tbh.
    I was being a bit flippant, good luck to you they want to pay, and you have the space why not

As this Fred has gone of track, I just thought I’d ad this from my daughter-in-law, about parking at Wembley last weekend

Thank you everyone for your replies about parking at Wembley.
    My daughter-in-law eventually found a house offering parking,
    I did message you but there was no signal the whole day.
    We used a drive way. £40 for both cars for 12 hours. When we arrived at the house the we were given an app so we could see our cars on the drive and they gave us a bottle of ice cold water each to walk to stadium and a little map printed out to get to the stadium and another one to get from the house back onto motorway. The house was a ten minute walk to stadium.

Pubs wanted £15 an hour

Thanks again ������

I was being a bit flippant, good luck to you they want to pay, and you have the space why not
    It’s ok, I’m not going to retire on it, it’s £2 a day lol might have enough for a takeaway soon though lol.

I know a lot of people do it around the CCS.

Does anyone remember where was some debate as to how to refer to it? On BBC Wales they called it something like "Cardiff/Glamorgan/Wales/Rhoose airport". I still call it Rhoose.

Seen a few people parking on the roads near. Not sure I'd recommend it but looks an option.

Public transport links aren't great and so parking is a necessity. Other than the Highwayman (shocking reviews) is there anywhere else you luvvverly people would recommend? ��
    You could get one of our 'fast bus' routes to the bay and hail a pony and trap from outside the Sennyyyyydddd building..

Also

Holiday Inn Express charge £6/day

I always do that when i go up to London. I park on a drive across the road from Boston Manor Tube, which is on the Piccadilly line. £8 per day, piece of piss getting out as very close to the M4.

International

The Welsh government is more like to charge a triple parking car tax.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

For a lot of airports car parking is the most profitable area of operation and a fair percentage then gets ploughed back into improving infrastructure

I suspect that even the WAG have worked this one out. Provided the economists have done their homework lol

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    For a lot of airports car parking is the most profitable area of operation and a fair percentage then gets ploughed back into improving infrastructure

I suspect that even the WAG have worked this one out. Provided the economists have done their homework lol
    So few flights it's 90% used by people from Cardiff or close by who can get dropped off outside, I've never paid for parking there.

It's a real shame it's the best airport by miles, they just don't seem to be able to get any flights in.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

So few flights it's 90% used by people from Cardiff or close by who can get dropped off outside, I've never paid for parking there.

It's a real shame it's the best airport by miles, they just don't seem to be able to get any flights in.

Despite being informed by every single study that’s ever been undertaken about the potential and profitability of the airport no one or no body has taken the decisions required to make travelling to the airport an easy straightforward option.

Bristol isn’t easy to get to but the traffic routes and willingness to work with the carriers make it a better option.

We will have to wait and see what the long term impact of the Clean air zone has on traveller numbers in Bristol especially when the quiet by roads and picturesque villages get clogged up with vehicles travelling that way to avoid the extra charge

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Despite being informed by every single study that’s ever been undertaken about the potential and profitability of the airport no one or no body has taken the decisions required to make travelling to the airport an easy straightforward option.

Bristol isn’t easy to get to but the traffic routes and willingness to work with the carriers make it a better option.

We will have to wait and see what the long term impact of the Clean air zone has on traveller numbers in Bristol especially when the quiet by roads and picturesque villages get clogged up with vehicles travelling that way to avoid the extra charge
    its all a matter of passenger numbers - more numbers mean less costs per passenger and cheaper flights and more flights - more numbers.

The airport was dead on its arse when the WAG stepped in and over the next few years they managed to build it back up to 2 million passengers, which is where it starts to get sognificant. at that point you can justify spending more on improving the transport links etc too.

unfortunately covid hit and absolutely wiped it out again, o they have to go back to trying to build it up again