+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pep could make Harry Maguire look good

Re: Pep could make Harry Maguire look good

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The adulation of a bloke paid very highly to manage very well paid players is more than a little OTT

It's bordering on Donny Osmond teenage hysteria

People will be fainting if Man City do it again next year
    What's the pay got to do with it? People are talking about his brand of football, nothing else.

The adulation of a bloke paid very highly to manage very well paid players is more than a little OTT

It's bordering on Donny Osmond teenage hysteria

People will be fainting if Man City do it again next year
    If a club does back-to-back trebles? Yes, people will be losing their shit over that. OK, both cup finals weren't classics but they were won. And Man City were never behind. Chrisp_1927 made a valid point with the overthinking. Overthinking is making a mistake. But give credit where credit is due. Who's going to win the League next season? Klopp? Eddie Howe? Arteta? Jack Grealish has been transformed from a big fish in a small pond into a world-class and highly influential player. A champion and a Champions League winner. Don't forget that Brian Clough won the European Cup with the world's first million pound player. Paisley, Ferguson, they all had the best players. So did Ajax, so did Bayern. Give a shout out to Ron Saunders who didn't even manage in the final if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What's the pay got to do with it? People are talking about his brand of football, nothing else.
    Well clearly if you can't see the link between highly paid players and managers tending to get the best results then it's back to the classroom

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If a club does back-to-back trebles? Yes, people will be losing their shit over that. OK, both cup finals weren't classics but they were won. And Man City were never behind. Chrisp_1927 made a valid point with the overthinking. Overthinking is making a mistake. But give credit where credit is due. Who's going to win the League next season? Klopp? Eddie Howe? Arteta? Jack Grealish has been transformed from a big fish in a small pond into a world-class and highly influential player. A champion and a Champions League winner. Don't forget that Brian Clough won the European Cup with the world's first million pound player. Paisley, Ferguson, they all had the best players. So did Ajax, so did Bayern. Give a shout out to Ron Saunders who didn't even manage in the final if you must.
    Credit and praise is one thing

It seems pep invented football reading and listening to a lot of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Unless they get relegated for FFP
    Which would be hilarious 😂

Well clearly if you can't see the link between highly paid players and managers tending to get the best results then it's back to the classroom
    Players with ability and dedication. You are Neophobic, i don't really know why, maybe the idea of things changing, advancing, makes you anxious in some way. You argue like a teenager, nothing is nuanced in your world it seems. What Guardiola does brilliantly is making good players even better, that has to be difficult, imagine working with the best in any field and improving them? That takes something special, whatever the profession. Someone like Sam Allardyce wouldn't be able to do what Guardiola has done, he could make an impact at a side like Bolton, and he did that, he could probably go down a division and improve a side with his ability, but he wouldn't make this crop of Man City players the best club side in the world. At the same time, Guardiola couldn't do it a Bolton or a Leicester in my opinion, it would probably end up a disaster. Do you see what i'm saying?

https://open.substack.com/pub/swissr...m_medium=email

Best Performing Clubs relative to Budget

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Players with ability and dedication. You are Neophobic, i don't really know why, maybe the idea of things changing, advancing, makes you anxious in some way. You argue like a teenager, nothing is nuanced in your world it seems. What Guardiola does brilliantly is making good players even better, that has to be difficult, imagine working with the best in any field and improving them? That takes something special, whatever the profession. Someone like Sam Allardyce wouldn't be able to do what Guardiola has done, he could make an impact at a side like Bolton, and he did that, he could probably go down a division and improve a side with his ability, but he wouldn't make this crop of Man City players the best club side in the world. At the same time, Guardiola couldn't do it a Bolton or a Leicester in my opinion, it would probably end up a disaster. Do you see what i'm saying?
    I don't think you know what neophobic means tbh

If pep is such a great manager he would be able drop down to league one and be able to turn round any club

The fact that you say he would fail means that he's only a great manager if the players are exceptional

I see that as just increasing the gap in our already fractured game

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    https://open.substack.com/pub/swissr...m_medium=email

Best Performing Clubs relative to Budget
    I can't see the list. Did any of them win a treble this year? Or a double?