+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pep could make Harry Maguire look good

Re: Pep could make Harry Maguire look good

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think saying greatest manager in the world etc is way over the top

Fergie was a great manager but had loads of money behind him

Wether they play good football or not is not relevant

If pep loses his way .....which he will .....then his ability as a manager will show through if he's managing Everton down the bottom

If he's as good as people claim then he will have to get them in the top four , with little money ?

I think that would be a fair test
    Thats the thing all the best managers have big money. Cloughie was a great but also broke a British transfer record.

The style of football and whether they win is all we can compare them on.

It would be a fair test but as we all realise its impossible. It's not a maths test where the first to finish is crowned the best.

I can only assume you are fishing in this thread.

International

Pep is a top Manager and could get Maguire to look a much better player than he currently is.

Where does Kevin De Bruyne sit in the Premier League’s greatest player list?

He’s such a magnificent player.
    His vision and execution is unsurpassed as a creative midfielder to me.

I can’t believe that Chelsea binned him off.

International

Pep isn't that great a manager

They could have lost that tonight no problem
    He's had some terrible luck in the Champions League over the last few seasons, especially last year, they were the best team this year and deserved to win the Champions League absolutely no doubt about it and had a tough draw to get through to the final.

International

Have Sam Allardyce and Moyes had access to the money pep has ?

In real terms , if they did then yes they could
    What a dope of course they couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Thats the thing all the best managers have big money. Cloughie was a great but also broke a British transfer record.

The style of football and whether they win is all we can compare them on.

It would be a fair test but as we all realise its impossible. It's not a maths test where the first to finish is crowned the best.

I can only assume you are fishing in this thread.
    I am having a debate

Some of those involved are substandard

But I can only play what's in front of me

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Where does Kevin De Bruyne sit in the Premier League’s greatest player list?

He’s such a magnificent player.
    His vision and execution is unsurpassed as a creative midfielder to me.

I can’t believe that Chelsea binned him off.
    Pep made him better, Haaland looked really good, Pep has already made him better, Silva better, Gundagon better, Stones miles better, Rodri better, and go right through the team, and when they leave they get worse.

He's just about the best there has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Pep made him better, Haaland looked really good, Pep has already made him better, Silva better, Gundagon better, Stones miles better, Rodri better, and go right through the team, and when they leave they get worse.

He's just about the best there has ever been.
    And that's what he can do, improve very good players, get his ideas across and get them playing for him. Management isn't just about having talent and money at your disposal, i would have thought that knowing how to manage a high functioning workforce with the intelligence needed to do their job at the highest level isn't something that could be blagged, because He'd get found out, and he hasn't, because he knows what he is doing, he's intelligent. Imagine managing the best at what they do, world level operators, that must be so demanding.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And that's what he can do, improve very good players, get his ideas across and get them playing for him. Management isn't just about having talent and money at your disposal, i would have thought that knowing how to manage a high functioning workforce with the intelligence needed to do their job at the highest level isn't something that could be blagged, because He'd get found out, and he hasn't, because he knows what he is doing, he's intelligent. Imagine managing the best at what they do, world level operators, that must be so demanding.
    Spot on, I forgot to add Grealish, he could have easily gone the other way, he is that type of character, but you can see he has completely bought into Pep, and will be fantastic next season.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Spot on, I forgot to add Grealish, he could have easily gone the other way, he is that type of character, but you can see he has completely bought into Pep, and will be fantastic next season.
    Grealish was slipping last season as well, and it reinforced my view that he was worth 100 million, couldn't cut it, was just full of tricks, didn't get on it enough. I was wrong,Pep brought him back, sat him down and reset him,that doesn't happen often with players who go to these top end clubs, they sink, because it's all about the present.

Sludge is a bitter Man U fan of old and the true colours are coming out. So hard for him to accept that the noisy neighbours have finally stolen their thunder. All the evidence is there over the last 24 hours, it’s so bloody obvious. All the ‘greedy league’, ‘money corrupts’, ‘overpaid tossers’ etc is a cry for help, it’s killing him that Man U, his closet love, have been usurped by bloody Man City, Man, bloody, City of all clubs. It’s sticking out a mile. He tries so hard to include his Old Trafford heroes in his rants as a cover but you can barely hear it, his teeth are so gritted............Discuss!!

So man City are 4th in the list of high spenders

Inter are 12th

So man City are clearly at an advantage and a big one
    You’re daft. And you have a grudge against something you don’t even understand.

Man City are the 4th highest spenders yet came 1st. Clearly money, whilst being an important factor, isn’t the be all and end all in determining success.

Of the 3 higher spending clubs in the last 5 years, Barcelona and Juventus have won 7 titles, Chelsea have won 5.

Man City have won 14.

Your beloved Man Utd, who have spent only £20m less have won 1 title in the same period.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You’re daft. And you have a grudge against something you don’t even understand.

Man City are the 4th highest spenders yet came 1st. Clearly money, whilst being an important factor, isn’t the be all and end all in determining success.

Of the 3 higher spending clubs in the last 5 years, Barcelona and Juventus have won 7 titles, Chelsea have won 5.

Man City have won 14.

Your beloved Man Utd, who have spent only £20m less have won 1 title in the same period.
    The truth is out now then? Sludge is a United fan. Makes sense really, the way he goes on about Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The truth is out now then? Sludge is a United fan. Makes sense really, the way he goes on about Liverpool.
    No the truth isn't out

I fecking hate United as much as Liverpool and all the other greedy ctts

No the truth isn't out

I fecking hate United as much as Liverpool and all the other greedy ctts
    Give it up, you're having a mare

[QUOTE=Canton Kev;5428860]You’re daft. And you have a grudge against something you don’t even understand.

Man City have won 14.

Your beloved Man Utd, who have spent only £20m less have won 1 title in the same period.[/QUOTE

I understand , money is almost certainly the most crucial factor in football

Why havnt Crystal Palace won the champions league ?

I understand that money is wrecking football

And the lifeblood of the game is struggling more and more as the power is being sucked up by the elite

And lots of people , including quite a few on here are putting these players , managers and clubs on a stage and saying oh we are not worthy

Well bollocks to that sycophantic nonsense

He will be rinsed in no time at all then you will have to find some other demi god

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Give it up, you're having a mare
    I am surrounded by lemons who watch too much sky TV

You yearn for the days when you beat Benfica on BBC in 1968

So he's only good because he played, managed, and succeeded at the highest level? What next? "a rainy Tuesday night in February"? Maybe you should watch a bit of Sky TV. At least then you'd have some idea of what you're talking about.

You almost certainly can buy it or if not get very close

That's not a genius

Bob Paisley , Ferguson ........yes
    You think that Bob Paisley and Ferguson didn't have more money than other mangers?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You think that Bob Paisley and Ferguson didn't have more money than other mangers?
    There's having more money

Then there's having so much you can burn it

Pep the magnificent can be very aggressive and petulant like a kid
    Come the day, hope the weather'll be better for them in Hornchurch

I think a lot of the pep loving is ott. 7 years to win the champions league at man city, with a lot of chances blown due to him making ridiculous decisions in big games. Except of course, when it comes to pep they aren't described as mistakes. People say he overthought !

In terms of him 'recruiting' players. I was under the impression man city are one of the clubs that do transfers by committee, rather than all down to manager. So more of a team effort in that respect than all down to him. Although happy to be corrected on that point.

Equally, to say the success is entirely down to money and that anyone could have done it is also wrong. The likes of Everton and Chelsea are great examples of that

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I think a lot of the pep loving is ott. 7 years to win the champions league at man city, with a lot of chances blown due to him making ridiculous decisions in big games. Except of course, when it comes to pep they aren't described as mistakes. People say he overthought !

In terms of him 'recruiting' players. I was under the impression man city are one of the clubs that do transfers by committee, rather than all down to manager. So more of a team effort in that respect than all down to him. Although happy to be corrected on that point.

Equally, to say the success is entirely down to money and that anyone could have done it is also wrong. The likes of Everton and Chelsea are great examples of that
    The adulation of a bloke paid very highly to manage very well paid players is more than a little OTT

It's bordering on Donny Osmond teenage hysteria

People will be fainting if Man City do it again next year

The adulation of a bloke paid very highly to manage very well paid players is more than a little OTT

It's bordering on Donny Osmond teenage hysteria

People will be fainting if Man City do it again next year
    Unless they get relegated for FFP