+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Berlusconi

Re: Berlusconi

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do you think Vladimir Putin deserves to live? Look at all the people whose lives he has ended or destroyed. If someone were to ask you "shall we take him out?" what would you say?
    Ah yes, the U.S. perspective on war, "take him out". You probably don't realise it but this war isn't between Russia and Ukraine. The U.S. are happy to sponsor it for as long as possible. Parents in Ukraine and Russia are receiving the remains of their sons in pieces, wrapped in plastic. Oh, and..

Here is a list* of the countries bombed and/or invaded by the United States from the end of the Second World War to 2020:
    Afghanistan 1998, 2001-
    Bosnia 1994, 1995
    Cambodia 1969-70
    China 1945-46
    Congo 1964
    Cuba 1959-1961
    El Salvador 1980s
    Korea 1950-53
    Guatemala 1954, 1960, 1967-69
    Indonesia 1958 Laos 1964-73
    Grenada 1983
    Iraq 1991-2000s, 2015-
    Iran 1987
    Korea 1950-53
    Kuwait 1991
    Lebanon 1983, 1984
    Libya 1986, 2011-
    Nicaragua 1980s
    Pakistan 2003, 2006- Palestine 2010
    Panama 1989
    Peru 1965
    Somalia 1993, 2007-08, 2010-
    Sudan 1998
    Syria 2014-
    Vietnam 1961-73
    Yemen 2002, 2009-
    Yugoslavia 1999

Note that these countries represent roughly one-third of the people on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ah yes, the U.S. perspective on war, "take him out". You probably don't realise it but this war isn't between Russia and Ukraine. The U.S. are happy to sponsor it for as long as possible. Parents in Ukraine and Russia are receiving the remains of their sons in pieces, wrapped in plastic. Oh, and..

Here is a list* of the countries bombed and/or invaded by the United States from the end of the Second World War to 2020:
    Afghanistan 1998, 2001-
    Bosnia 1994, 1995
    Cambodia 1969-70
    China 1945-46
    Congo 1964
    Cuba 1959-1961
    El Salvador 1980s
    Korea 1950-53
    Guatemala 1954, 1960, 1967-69
    Indonesia 1958 Laos 1964-73
    Grenada 1983
    Iraq 1991-2000s, 2015-
    Iran 1987
    Korea 1950-53
    Kuwait 1991
    Lebanon 1983, 1984
    Libya 1986, 2011-
    Nicaragua 1980s
    Pakistan 2003, 2006- Palestine 2010
    Panama 1989
    Peru 1965
    Somalia 1993, 2007-08, 2010-
    Sudan 1998
    Syria 2014-
    Vietnam 1961-73
    Yemen 2002, 2009-
    Yugoslavia 1999

Note that these countries represent roughly one-third of the people on earth.
    Contrary to the comment I highlighted, there is a concern that the US would probably not be content to keep supporting Ukraine should Trump be elected again. And despite extensive US aggression as you have highlighted, the war in Ukraine is an example of Russian expansionism.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Contrary to the comment I highlighted, there is a concern that the US would probably not be content to keep supporting Ukraine should Trump be elected again. And despite extensive US aggression as you have highlighted, the war in Ukraine is an example of Russian expansionism.
    No doubt it is, but this is becoming a war by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not sure someone with his political beliefs and passive aggression would last long in Aberfan mate
    Passive aggression? Even if that was true, passive aggression is better than real

I'm pretty certain that not everyone in Aberfan has homogenous views on the topic

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do you think Vladimir Putin deserves to live? Look at all the people whose lives he has ended or destroyed. If someone were to ask you "shall we take him out?" what would you say?
    Do you believe in the death penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Do you believe in the death penalty?
    that's slightly different though isn't it, I don't support the death penalty at all, but if someone is running down queen street firing an assault rifle then I would want the police to stop them by any means necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's slightly different though isn't it, I don't support the death penalty at all, but if someone is running down queen street firing an assault rifle then I would want the police to stop them by any means necessary
    I agree, of course he should be stopped at whatever costs.

I don't think Silvio Berlusconi or Margaret Thatcher ran down Queen St killing people with assault rifles though, although I may have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No doubt it is, but this is becoming a war by proxy.
    I think we all know that and have done from shortly after it started.

Passive aggression? Even if that was true, passive aggression is better than real

I'm pretty certain that not everyone in Aberfan has homogenous views on the topic
    They may well do in a social club that’s the venue for ‘Thatchers Still Dead’ do butt

Starmer once visited there so you never know if he returns on that day you won’t be the only Tory.

I agree, of course he should be stopped at whatever costs.

I don't think Silvio Berlusconi or Margaret Thatcher ran down Queen St killing people with assault rifles though, although I may have missed it.
    nobody is saying that they should have been killed though, people are saying they aren't sad that they're dead

nobody is saying that they should have been killed though, people are saying they aren't sad that they're dead
    People are doing more than that, some have revelled in death and I think that's a grim thing to do, whether you are talking about a politician you didn't like, or football fans you don't like, or a person you didn't like.

It's just bad karma, fairly gross etc. They are free to do it, although interestingly that guy at Wembley in the '97 Not Enough' shirt was arrested.

People are doing more than that, some have revelled in death and I think that's a grim thing to do, whether you are talking about a politician you didn't like, or football fans you don't like, or a person you didn't like.

It's just bad karma, fairly gross etc. They are free to do it, although interestingly that guy at Wembley in the '97 Not Enough' shirt was arrested.
    didn't have you down as a pearl clutcher tbh

didn't have you down as a pearl clutcher tbh
    I'm not really. I just find it particularly unsavoury to revel in someone death.

I'm not really. I just find it particularly unsavoury to revel in someone death.
    I would have happily pulled the trigger on that cow

Please get out of the sewer

Thatcher was an 87 year old woman who as a politician was in the front line . Lots of public figures are scorned .

The twat in the t shirt was mocking the horrific mass deaths of innocent men , women and kids

Now behave yourself you daft clown

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This. And of course, Putin was emboldened by Trump in the first place. Without Trump, this doesn't happen.

You should want your enemies dead. It's how revolution happens. It's why we don't have the royal family on our money. It's why France is a democratic state. It's why people gave their lives on D-day. They didn't storm those beaches to have a discussion. They laid down their lives to rid the world of a tyrant.