https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1094746.html

International

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Leeds bid for Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu amid Premier League interest

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1094746.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...an-Ampadu.html

similar trajectory to Harry Wilson in that he's clearly got some talent but it was never going to be enough to force their way into the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool, so then it's about trying to get as much return on that investment as possible. I think he will longer term end up at a lower premier League side

If 3 different relegations with 3 different teams in 3 successive seasons is down to playing with "journeymen"

I would say that he must have run over about 6 black cats and walked under numerous ladders, to have a CV like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    similar trajectory to Harry Wilson in that he's clearly got some talent but it was never going to be enough to force their way into the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool, so then it's about trying to get as much return on that investment as possible. I think he will longer term end up at a lower premier League side
    Dissapointing if he ends up in the Championship, albeit Leeds are a big club, especially as there was talk of him joining an Italian club who would be competing in the Champions League. Maybe the Leeds bid will force other clubs to get their finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dissapointing if he ends up in the Championship, albeit Leeds are a big club, especially as there was talk of him joining an Italian club who would be competing in the Champions League. Maybe the Leeds bid will force other clubs to get their finger out.
    Looks like it is pretty advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Looks like it is pretty advanced.
    I can actually see it happening, he's big mates with Tyler Adams.

I can actually see it happening, he's big mates with Tyler Adams.
    Who might not be there in a week

I agree. I've always thought him to be a bit of a liability whenever he's playing for Wales, and I'm not convinced he's good enough to play at the very top level.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I agree. I've always thought him to be a bit of a liability whenever he's playing for Wales, and I'm not convinced he's good enough to play at the very top level.
    he has a clanger in him, but I think he will get more consistency with experience and sticking to one position will probably help

I had a dream 3 nights ago that he was playing in all white. I thought it was Real Madrid.

I had a dream 3 nights ago that he was playing in all white. I thought it was Real Madrid.
    No doubt a wet dream if Ampadu was involved

I think he said he want's to stay. Nat Philips may be joining too. It's a shame really, as he could have gone back to Italy, and I heard AC Milan were one of the teams that were interested.
    Not seen anywhere AC Milan were interested. Whose your source, Maldini?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Not seen anywhere AC Milan were interested. Whose your source, Maldini?
    See my post on 21-06 which was 2 days before any media reports.

7m plus 3m in add ons. Heading to the championship to play against the likes of Plymouth and Rotherham.

But he was linked with AC Milan.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    7m plus 3m in add ons. Heading to the championship to play against the likes of Plymouth and Rotherham.

But he was linked with AC Milan.
    Media reported interest from Italy, Spain & EPL on 23/06. There are many reasons why he may have wanted to come back to the UK. Off the top of my head, and in no particular order - language, family, wife, child, and specific to Leeds regular game time.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He’s not, hence 3 top flight relegations in 3 years.

See my post on 21-06 which was 2 days before any media reports.
    So the source was the Chelsea ITK account?

Sounds reliable.

So the source was the Chelsea ITK account?

Sounds reliable.
    Well it was considering they beat the press to it.

or the press just copied what the itk account had made up

or the press just copied what the itk account had made up
    FFS, just get over it, you lot are like a dog with a bone! He's made a choice that he thinks is best for him and his young family, and he is still Wales most important player and future captain. If Leeds go straight back up it will have been a savvy move for him, especially if game time was a major consideration.

FFS, just get over it, you lot are like a dog with a bone! He's made a choice that he thinks is best for him and his young family, and he is still Wales most important player and future captain. If Leeds go straight back up it will have been a savvy move for him, especially if game time was a major consideration.
    I’d argue Brennan Johnson who is the subject of 30m bids being turned down and still plying his trade in the Premier League is Wales most important player of this next gen.

Did they mention Leeds before yesterday or just use the term Championship club?

Genuine question, not trying to dig you out.

I don't think you need to be an ITK football expert to predict where Ampadu might've ended up.

My money was on a club like Fiorentina being interested.

I watched Ampadu play against AC Milan last season and he had a decent game against them. For every good game he has though he's prone to a display like his last match for Spezia.

Did they mention Leeds before yesterday or just use the term Championship club.
    He's made a choice that he thinks is the best for him at this moment in time, and it's done and dusted.

He's made a choice that he thinks is the best for him at this moment in time, and it's done and dusted.
    Ampadu signing for Leeds is slightly disappointing and I’ll say underwhelming if he did have a chance of going to AC Milan?

Milan derby at the San Siro or Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday?

Test himself against the best in Serie A such as Inter, Napoli, Juventus, Roma or Swansea, Ipswich and City? It could be Leeds offered more money I suppose?