+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first time I ever thought about it

Re: first time I ever thought about it

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do you have Spindrift in the UK?

https://www.amazon.com/Spindrift-Spa...61804131&psc=1

I go through 24 of these a week. The lemon one is only 3 calories. And if you do want alcohol you can add vodka to it. That's what my Mrs does. I try to steer clear of that stuff though. Vodka is the mind killer.
    I don't recognise that brand but there's similar stuff about. I'm the same with vodka though, had to give that stuff up years ago.
    Enjoy a gin from time to time but when the weather is really nice you can't really beat a beer, and the zero stuff is pretty low on calories

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Rheinbacher Alcohol free beer from Aldi isn't bad.

I'm on abstinence from alcohol and tried this last week.

That said I prefer a blood orange San Pelligrino.
    I love a Tory Fanta

Rheinbacher Alcohol free beer from Aldi isn't bad.

I'm on abstinence from alcohol and tried this last week.

That said I prefer a blood orange San Pelligrino.
    My Mrs puts vodka in that too.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    100% agree.
    Of the ones I've tried, I enjoyed Heineken and also Punk IPA.
    Alongside when driving, it's a good alternative when you're really looking to make a big cut on calories but still enjoy a "beer" in the sunshine
    Is there that much difference in the calories?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    most of the calories in beer is the alcohol, so probably yes

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    yeah quite a difference in most of them. heineken 330ml is about half i think, like 140 v 70 (ish)
    the non alcoholic punk ipa was just under 1/3 of the calories
    Also you eat less

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    most of the calories in beer is the alcohol, so probably yes
    I just checked the Heineken Zeros. They're 69 calories. I'm starting to feel bad for them. I'm still not drinking them though.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    yeah quite a difference in most of them. heineken 330ml is about half i think, like 140 v 70 (ish)
    the non alcoholic punk ipa was just under 1/3 of the calories
    Also you eat less
    you puke less as well, so it's swings and roundabouts

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive had the odd on when out for a meal with family and im driving. Thats the only time is really served a purpose. The Peroni 0.0% is actually not bad taste wise, not too disimilair to the alcohol version.

Like you, the one time I bought a four pack for the house, as I was having a period off the booze, I ended up guzzling them. Pointless really.
    Remember when you were young and you could just drink whatever the **** you wanted? It was never frowned upon and almost expected of you. Happy times. But I suppose it led us down a dark path. I could eat whatever I wanted to as well. I'm 5'10" and used to weigh 11 stone. I could consume enormous amounts of food. Oh well.

Bring back Top Deck Shandy.
    Beer for kids 😋

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Bring back Top Deck Shandy.
    Beer for kids ��
    I remember going camping in Cornwall or West Wales or wherever and my parents would go a pub where we had to sit outside, and I was allowed to drink shandy! Not Top Deck. The real deal. My nan used to let me drink sherry too. And my uncle put a fag in mouth and everyone thought it was hilarious. Are my family bad people?

I remember going camping in Cornwall or West Wales or wherever and my parents would go a pub where we had to sit outside, and I was allowed to drink shandy! Not Top Deck. The real deal. My nan used to let me drink sherry too. And my uncle put a fag in mouth and everyone thought it was hilarious. Are my family bad people?
    My grampy used to smoke a pipe. I used to help him rub his Golden Virginia and fill his pipe (fnarr fnarr) then he'd let me have the odd puff. I would have been about 6 or 7. Used to be allowed a glass of Woodpecker aswell but only on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Giving the zero alcohol stuff to a alcoholic is like giving a free bet to a gambling addict. Sooner rather than later they it will lead to tears.
    As the old Irish men in my support group say’s non alcoholic is for non alcoholics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    My grampy used to smoke a pipe. I used to help him rub his Golden Virginia and fill his pipe (fnarr fnarr) then he'd let me have the odd puff. I would have been about 6 or 7. Used to be allowed a glass of Woodpecker aswell but only on holiday.
    I used to run to the shop every evening to get everyone's fags. My nan, my uncle, my auntie and my grampa. 20 Embassy Mild, 20 Bensons, 40 Regal and two packets of polos and 1/2 an ounce of Old Holborn. There was a bush down a side street that looked like a witch. I was scared shitless.

If you are counting calories whilst slugging down the beers it sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it ?

My Mrs puts vodka in that too.
    I prefer mine with gin.

The lemon and mint pelligrino with gin is heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If you are counting calories whilst slugging down the beers it sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it ?
    If you’re slugging down the beers yes
    If you’re having a beer in the sunshine I wouldn’t say so no

Actually contrary to popular belief it’s wasn’t illegal in those days, might still be, but I don’t know if laws have changed, to buy a pint of beer for a child over 5 as long as it was drunk in the beer garden!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Actually contrary to popular belief it’s wasn’t illegal in those days, might still be, but I don’t know if laws have changed, to buy a pint of beer for a child over 5 as long as it was drunk in the beer garden!
    Wow. You live and learn.

I prefer mine with gin.

The lemon and mint pelligrino with gin is heavenly.
    Sounds quite tasty.

My missus is banned from drinking gin, sends her loopy.