+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tan confirms sale of KV Kortrijk

Tan confirms sale of KV Kortrijk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65903427

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has confirmed he is selling Belgian club KV Kortrijk.

The Malaysian billionaire paid around £5m to buy the West Flanders-based Belgian Pro League side in 2015.

Tan is now selling his shares to the Kaminski Group, led by American-Polish businessman Maciek Kaminski.

"I wish Maciek Kaminski and his family all the best. Mr Kaminski is a good owner for the club, who already has experience in football," said Tan.

"I think he will take the club to an even greater height. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans, staff and the city for their support during my time here."

Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo, who had been working as Kortrijk's managing director, will also leave the club along with Tan.

This has been bubbling for months, but what is the story?

Tan getting out of football or concentrating on Cardiff?

Tan raising money for the remaining Sala fee to Nantes?

The speculation of a sale to Burnley owners with 'player assets' coming to Cardiff as part of the deal has proved wrong.

Ken Choo now free to spend more time with his family, Tan's London car dealership, and Cardiff City FC!

Re: Tan confirms sale of KV Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65903427

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has confirmed he is selling Belgian club KV Kortrijk.

The Malaysian billionaire paid around £5m to buy the West Flanders-based Belgian Pro League side in 2015.

Tan is now selling his shares to the Kaminski Group, led by American-Polish businessman Maciek Kaminski.

"I wish Maciek Kaminski and his family all the best. Mr Kaminski is a good owner for the club, who already has experience in football," said Tan.

"I think he will take the club to an even greater height. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans, staff and the city for their support during my time here."

Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo, who had been working as Kortrijk's managing director, will also leave the club along with Tan.

This has been bubbling for months, but what is the story?

Tan getting out of football or concentrating on Cardiff?

Tan raising money for the remaining Sala fee to Nantes?

The speculation of a sale to Burnley owners with 'player assets' coming to Cardiff as part of the deal has proved wrong.

Ken Choo now free to spend more time with his family, Tan's London car dealership, and Cardiff City FC!
    Lovely use of the Oxford comma in that last sentence