+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severn tunnel closure

Severn tunnel closure

Anyone with experience of getting the train through the tunnel (particularly to/from London) this week and how the service has been holding up? Hadn’t realised it was closed and intended to travel to Cardiff this weekend.

Re: Severn tunnel closure

Was it Duckford that done it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Anyone with experience of getting the train through the tunnel (particularly to/from London) this week and how the service has been holding up? Hadn’t realised it was closed and intended to travel to Cardiff this weekend.
    You could always use the road if you like driving at 50mph and then 20mph and parking on the M4 for hours before entering the Brynglas tunnels. Be careful when you get to Cardiff because they are closing certain roads and putting money-making cameras in.

Try not to get ill because the NHS and A&E are virtually non-existent in Wales, if you have a heart attack drive back to London you'll be seen quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Yeah a few times. It's fine, train generally just re-routes up via Gloucester way and then comes back down to Swindon. Obviously adds to the journey time but no difference aside from that, not had any additional delays etc.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You could always use the road if you like driving at 50mph and then 20mph and parking on the M4 for hours before entering the Brynglas tunnels. Be careful when you get to Cardiff because they are closing certain roads and putting money-making cameras in.

Try not to get ill because the NHS and A&E are virtually non-existent in Wales, if you have a heart attack drive back to London you'll be seen quicker.
    Hadn't you noticed there's a 72 hour junior doctors strike?

Pretty decent most of the time. Adds about 40 minutes to the journey going via Gloucester. Get a nice scenic route via the estuary. Trains aren't particularly busy.

Did fall apart spectacularly last night mind, freight train decided to give up by Chepstow. Saw us delayed at Newport for 2 and a half hours

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Pretty decent most of the time. Adds about 40 minutes to the journey going via Gloucester. Get a nice scenic route via the estuary. Trains aren't particularly busy.

Did fall apart spectacularly last night mind, freight train decided to give up by Chepstow. Saw us delayed at Newport for 2 and a half hours
    Must be a chore when they put those replacement bus services on

I've done it a few times, typically on Sundays. Its a pain, because it takes longer but otherwise it's smooth enough, and the train from Gloucester is an attractive route!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Feck off you silly tory twat
    ...I'm another one....I don't know how you put up with all this bloody nonsense from Drakeford et al .

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ...I'm another one....I don't know how you put up with all this bloody nonsense from Drakeford et al .
    network rail have closed the tunnel so they can renew the track, absolutely nothing to do with Drakeford.

Must be a chore when they put those replacement bus services on
    Is a bit of a ballache for Bristol at the moment. Was finding connections for a couple of passengers when we we were delayed last night. To get to bath involved a bus to Bristol parkway, changing there for a train to temple meads, followed by another connection to bath. Not easy, especially for people with luggage

International

Stick to your Allardyce could do as well as Pep if he had the money nonsense threads bellend and leave these to the grown ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    network rail have closed the tunnel so they can renew the track, absolutely nothing to do with Drakeford.
    Not particularly talking about that.....it's everything else going on....

Not particularly talking about that.....it's everything else going on....
    Concern yourself with French Politics, Mo, There's a Fascist party breathing down yer neck

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Concern yourself with French Politics, Mo, There's a Fascist party breathing down yer neck
    Naw....hidden in the hills...no problem here....in fact La Penn would be preferable to Macron.....

Naw....hidden in the hills...no problem here....in fact La Penn would be preferable to Macron.....
    Gosh, nothing in your posting history prepared us for that bombshell!

Oh Jesus christ 😂

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Is a bit of a ballache for Bristol at the moment. Was finding connections for a couple of passengers when we we were delayed last night. To get to bath involved a bus to Bristol parkway, changing there for a train to temple meads, followed by another connection to bath. Not easy, especially for people with luggage
    And the elderly in this heat , poor sods

You are a tory ?

Well you could have fooled me

Aren't you married to a lady from Thailand?

True colours coming out here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Aren't you married to a lady from Thailand?
    yes...so? We both have resident status......don't believe all the scare stories you read...

You are a tory ?

Well you could have fooled me
    yes....well not so much these days....all politicians are untrustworthy by and large. I worked in Cowbridge many moons ago (the old Midland Bank)....surprised you chose to live there with your views!!! (meant lightheartedly..)

yes...so? We both have resident status......don't believe all the scare stories you read...
    She's not in Power Mo (Much to your disappointment) Take a look at her would be Policies on Immigration, Citizenship and Nationality. Just keep your nose clean Mo, none of those bent streams, if Le pen gets into power you'll be on the fist ferry back from Calais

yes....well not so much these days....all politicians are untrustworthy by and large. I worked in Cowbridge many moons ago (the old Midland Bank)....surprised you chose to live there with your views!!! (meant lightheartedly..)
    I have lived in lots of places Mo

There is an active anti tory cell around here you would be surprised

Or in your case petrified