+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brentford make record £30m offer for Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson

International

Brentford make record £30m offer for Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson

A man in demand, where would be the best move for him?

Brentford make record £30m offer for Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson

Exclusive: Forest have rejected the bid from Brentford who made repeated attempts to sign Johnson in January Telegraph

Ambitious Brennan Johnson has his price – but it’s higher than Brentford’s £30m

https://theathletic.com/4610658/2023...fer-brentford/

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...hnson-27125032

Everton transfer news LIVE - Brennan Johnson bid, Amadou Onana interest, Bill Kenwright latest

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...-live-27102567

Aston Villa transfer news recap: 'Fixtures leaked', latest Brennan Johnson link
    Aston Villa are set to be busy this summer - in fact, they've already added to their squad - as they prepare for a season battling on four fronts

Re: Brentford make record £30m offer for Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson

****ing Brentford, trying to buy success. The 'Big Boys' won't approve of this, or will they?

International

Re: Brentford make record £30m offer for Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    ****ing Brentford, trying to buy success. The 'Big Boys' won't approve of this, or will they?
    Brentford has just about the best player analysis, the fact they are prepared to pay £30Milliom, should mean he's a hell of a player with plenty more improvement to come!

The big will seriously consider him now.

Worth every penny imo

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Worth every penny imo
    Probably £10m too much. He hasn’t done an awful lot up to now. A Premiership player he may be at the moment, but for how long. ? Brentford would be better off going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Probably £10m too much. He hasn’t done an awful lot up to now. A Premiership player he may be at the moment, but for how long. ? Brentford would be better off going elsewhere.
    Well here’s someone who got out of the wrong side of the bed !

Right happy chappie ain’t you ?

International

No offense, but I would put the Brentford player recruitment analysis team's opinion above yours, as they don't get many wrong and it appears there are half a dozen other clubs after him also.

legit premier League striker and only 22, plenty of scope to improve. I don't think £30 sounds expensive for that

He was the third highest scorer aged 21 and under behind Saka and Martinelli who were playing for a team top of the league most of the season.

8 goals, 3 assists in a struggling side.

Second fastest player of the season officially.

Stats aside he looked an absolute class act at times.

Added to that as a teenager he scored 20 odd goals for Leyton Orient two seasons ago and then did the same for forest the following year to help them get promoted.

He’s also been very impressive for Wales when given the chance.

Time will tell but I think it all points towards a very special player.

Morgan Gibbs White must be worth £40M then

Brennan Johnson. Electric pace. Good dribbler. Pretty decent shooter. Work needed on final delivery of the ball in the final third, decision making and a little extra on finishing.

For him, Wales, and Brentford - it makes sense to go to Brentford. Because whilst the club is average, the coach is technically excellent. Quiet murmurings in coaching circles are claiming that he may be a shock Klopp replacement in a few years. Only rumours, but the guy is working magic on a comparatively limited budget to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    legit premier League striker and only 22, plenty of scope to improve. I don't think £30 sounds expensive for that
    I’d chip in a nicker towards the £30 if we had a chance of getting him.

Anyone who doubts this boy’s ability is clueless.

I thought he'd have a much better season than he has. Although he was playing a struggling team. If I was him and I could force a move to Brentford I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Anyone who doubts this boy’s ability is clueless.
    Waiting on the all seeing wales-bales to confirm, not heard of the guy personally!

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought he'd have a much better season than he has. Although he was playing a struggling team. If I was him and I could force a move to Brentford I would.
    I think Brentford would be a good move too, progressive team, and a good Manager that will bring him on and get the best out of him.

£20 million is **** all these days. He's easily worth £30 million. I think he'll go to a bigger team than Brentford.

What did that Gordon boy cost from Everton? Is he any better than Johnson?

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    £20 million is **** all these days. He's easily worth £30 million. I think he'll go to a bigger team than Brentford.
    I hope he doesn't go to Brentford. Not because he's too good for them but because they have players in their side that are much, much better than him. All this nonsense that Brentford are not a big team.....they just missed out on a place in Europe, they're currently the best team in West London, oh and they did the double over the European Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Waiting on the all seeing wales-bales to confirm, not heard of the guy personally!
    He's better than Salah was at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    £40m

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    £40m

His pass for the opening goal tonight was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    His pass for the opening goal tonight was incredible.
    Some people are too reactionary, and it's pointless trying to put the blame of a bad team performance onto one player, especially when it's a young player.