+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Put your bucket hats back in the wardrobe.

Put your bucket hats back in the wardrobe.

Well beaten tonight. Page was clueless, and so was his team. Everyone thought that this was a game of about how many Wales would win by. Page has been living on borrowed time for a while. He’s not good enough, his team is not good enough, and he never had anyone to do anything about it, when the game was slipping away. Full credit to Armenia. They deserved their win, and shouldn’t be under estimated in future. Turkish Delight awaits.

Re: Put your bucket hats back in the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Well beaten tonight. Page was clueless, and so was his team. Everyone thought that this was a game of about how many Wales would win by. Page has been living on borrowed time for a while. He’s not good enough, his team is not good enough, and he never had anyone to do anything about it, when the game was slipping away. Full credit to Armenia. They deserved their win, and shouldn’t be under estimated in future. Turkish Delight awaits.
    Thanks. For someone who usually puts such a positive spin on things, it must have been bad....

very naïve from us, especially after we went 1 up

I don't think we have seen what this team is capable of.

They might be second rate. But even so, I'd like to see what they can do under an experienced manager.

Might as well give it to Tony Pullis if Connor Roberts is hurling in long throws like Rory Delap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Might as well give it to Tony Pullis if Connor Roberts is hurling in long throws like Rory Delap.
    They'll be crying in their beer by the Potomac.

Feels like an entire era is hanging on Mondays result

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    They'll be crying in their beer by the Potomac.
    Truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Just shows how quickly things can fall.

Think the team spirit and a bit of magic rolling back the years by Bale, plus more than a slice of luck in a few key moments have given us a false sense of where we still are. Page is a truly dire manager tactically, the second half of the Latvia game was one of the most inexplicably bad managerial displays I've ever seen, he might as well have been taking a nap. Never the manager to bring the next generation through, if/when he gets sacked he'll be lucky to get a job at the same level as Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    We do look likely to get a play off spot, so all might not be lost when we lose on Monday (we will)... but I'm not sure I'd fancy us to get through the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We do look likely to get a play off spot, so all might not be lost when we lose on Monday (we will)... but I'm not sure I'd fancy us to get through the playoffs.
    I can't even begin to work out how that works with the Nations League

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Truth!!
    Great place to drown your sorrows though and hope we beat Turkey on Monday 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Great place to drown your sorrows though and hope we beat Turkey on Monday 👍
    Absolutely 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just shows how quickly things can fall.
    They've been falling for a year and more - the three worthwhile results we've had in that time (Ukraine, USA and Croatia) have all had varying degrees of luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Really? I'd say we're heading for a fourth placed finish on the evidence of our performances so far.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really? I'd say we're heading for a fourth placed finish on the evidence of our performances so far.
    Bob because we were nations league group A we are pretty much guarenteed a play off spot that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Bob because we were nations league group A we are pretty much guarenteed a play off spot that way.
    Fair enough, but I'd say that, at the moment, we're doing a good job of proving that situation is unfair.

Remember the talk about us giving our World Cup place to Ukraine after we'd beaten them? I'd say there's more justification in giving our Play Off place to someone else if we keep on playing like that with what I'd say Rob Page would have regarded as his strongest side apart from the fact he would have found a place for Neco Williams in it.

Three things need to change
    Page out, totally out of his depth
    The twat who thought changing the country’s name from Wales, needs to go, typical marketing man, probably got a hard on with his brilliant idea to justify his wages
    Kieffer, what a complete Billy big Bolllocks, with his half hearted attempts to get his head on anything, no doubt some Championship club will be signing him in August on loan, a useless lazy tosser

Yip - you can stick your fkn cymru up your ass.

It has been coming to be fair.

Page should have gone a long time ago, was an ok temp appointment, to make it permanent was silly, to stick with it this long just lazy.

We are limited in what we can do, we need the best manager and coaches around him that we can afford to get the most out of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It has been coming to be fair.

Page should have gone a long time ago, was an ok temp appointment, to make it permanent was silly, to stick with it this long just lazy.

We are limited in what we can do, we need the best manager and coaches around him that we can afford to get the most out of the squad.
    Saw Osian Roberts outside the ground before the game and thought "I wonder what he's doing now?"

No need to worry though, Cymru got good old Gunts on the coaching staff so it'll be alright on the night.

Have some faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    No need to worry though, Cymru got good old Gunts on the coaching staff so it'll be alright on the night.
    And Alan Knill. Don’t forget him.

It really does have the look of a League One coaching set-up. At best.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yip - you can stick your fkn cymru up your ass.
    The gradual transformation of the Welsh football team and FA into something akin to a nationalistic cult, has left me cold. The manager and now doubt some of the players have subscribed to the Cymru hype. Last night we learnt about the new backroom team form Man Utd and West Ham who are going to be working with our young, innovative manager. Thank f.... for the City for all their shortcomings..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And Alan Knill. Don’t forget him.

It really does have the look of a League One coaching set-up. At best.
    Page, Knill and Gunter.

Good to see the defensive coaching is working out well.