+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Put your bucket hats back in the wardrobe.

Re: Put your bucket hats back in the wardrobe.

We wont sack Page now but he should never have been appointed.

I think people are overestimating the ability of some of our players.

Saying that the performances of our better players like Johnson , Ampadu were well below par. Unless we are seriously overestimating them as well.

If we did remove Page I think we should give Cameron Toshack an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yip - you can stick your fkn cymru up your ass.
    Cymru curse….that can go pronto

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That’s possible, but there’s no denying the side have become a tactical shambles under Page. While some of the players may well be overrated, the current set-up looks hopelessly disorganised.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s possible, but there’s no denying the side have become a tactical shambles under Page. While some of the players may well be overrated, the current set-up looks hopelessly disorganised.
    I dont disagree. We were cut apart by Armenia easily , 2 goals with players caught in possession , balls too easily going in the box. Even if we say Wales players are mostly good Championship players that should have been more than enough to beat Armenia let alone ship 4 and it could easily have been a couple more.

I dont think the Welsh FA will remove him though.

Saying that the performances of our better players like Johnson , Ampadu were well below par. Unless we are seriously overestimating them as well.

Nah not having that. Theres no way this wales squad should be outplayed by armenia like that. For me there was more than enough ability in that starting team to match armenia.

Or are we really saying the armenians were of greater individual ability which is why we lost?

No way. We lost because we have been poor for a few years now and page just has to go.

The set up of the team, the tactics and game management was a shambles.

Whether or not players are being overestimated or off the pace isn't the real problem here. Page is.

He was far too slow to change a game in Euro 2020/21 against Denmark and still reacts to what's going on in the game as if he's in an induced coma.

Never too bothered about Wales results as we all remember being really shiit but that performance was shocking.

Page saying its a "reality check..." for him I'm assuming? A result like last night has been in the offing since his tenure began.

He's either buying time or deluded.

I think Page did okay first up, but he and his team have been struggling for a while now and that four year contract felt like a mistake at the time.

Cameron Toshack seems a decent shout, Steve Cooper wouldn't take the job and I'm not sure about Nathan Jones as an international manager, but I can see us soldiering on with Page because of how much compensation we'd have to pay him if he was sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Never interested in Wales in the past

Now a top pundit

Who would have thought it eh ?

A bunch of polls going around on Twitter today. One saying 83% want Page out. Another saying 96% Page out.

lets be honest, Page and Cookie both fell on their feet, they had a good team who would run through a brick wall for each other, oh and they had a certain Mr Bale

I always liked Pagey, he was proud of being asked to do the job, it brought into the current proud welsh thing that the players were all about, it worked at the time, but he isnt that tactically aware, when you take off Rambo ( a potential match winner ) when chasing the game and Bring on Morrell you know things aren't going well

But having said that, is the pool of players now getting back to being average at best, Morrell, Bradshaw, Broadhead all lower league players, we were lucky to have enjoyed that " golden generation "

Oh and its been mentioned, I bet 90% plus at the ground were English speaking Welsh supporters, its fine to speak English and still be a proud Welshie in my eyes, the FAW have certainly pushed the welsh speaking thing to the extreme, maybe its Time to ease of on that push for a while, as if results dont go our way, people will be looking for any old excuse to not feel part of it and leave it behind

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    lets be honest, Page and Cookie both fell on their feet, they had a good team who would run through a brick wall for each other, oh and they had a certain Mr Bale

I always liked Pagey, he was proud of being asked to do the job, it brought into the current proud welsh thing that the players were all about, it worked at the time, but he isnt that tactically aware, when you take off Rambo ( a potential match winner ) when chasing the game and Bring on Morrell you know things aren't going well

But having said that, is the pool of players now getting back to being average at best, Morrell, Bradshaw, Broadhead all lower league players, we were lucky to have enjoyed that " golden generation "

Oh and its been mentioned, I bet 90% plus at the ground were English speaking Welsh supporters, its fine to speak English and still be a proud Welshie in my eyes, the FAW have certainly pushed the welsh speaking thing to the extreme, maybe its Time to ease of on that push for a while, as if results dont go our way, people will be looking for any old excuse to not feel part of it and leave it behind

Page should be relieved of his duties now

But the fact as you infer is that the players are average and expectation levels must lessen

Nothing wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

What's pushing the 'Welsh' thing in your eyes?

Bilingualism, Yma O Hyd or referring to Wales as Cymru?

I don't think the Welsh FA are endorsing and supporting burning holiday homes?

Funnily enough City fans did once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Anything that is successful in Wales they will jump on and try and force more welshness on it…..

I'm an English only speaking Welshie and have at no point felt I have been pushed to learn or speak Welsh.

To counter your final point wouldn't easing back on their Welsh language output alienate the Welsh speakers amongst our fanbase? Surely we should be encouraging everyone born or living here to feel an affinity with our national team.

So Welsh signage let in 4 goals last night?

People dragging up marketing just so they can have a go at the Welsh language is arguably more embarrassing than last night's display

We were shocking last night, but that has nothing to do with going by Cymru

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anything that is successful in Wales they will jump on and try and force more welshness on it…..
    Who's "they"? And how dare "they" try and "force" Welshness onto a team representing Wales

The best players .....play together

Didn't that used to be the FAW mantra ?

It used to be in Welsh, on the badge

I like that

And the together stronger thing

And yma o hyd .......I love listening to that , its inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can you give examples?

The set up of the team, the tactics and game management was a shambles.

Whether or not players are being overestimated or off the pace isn't the real problem here. Page is.

He was far too slow to change a game in Euro 2020/21 against Denmark and still reacts to what's going on in the game as if he's in an induced coma.

Never too bothered about Wales results as we all remember being really shiit but that performance was shocking.

Page saying its a "reality check..." for him I'm assuming? A result like last night has been in the offing since his tenure began.

He's either buying time or deluded.
    He isn't capable of changing things and that comment he made about a reality check is worrying

What sums him up for me is when we were ready to bring on Williams & Morrell but delayed for 6 minutes because Armenia had an attacking throw in, classic lower league stuff. We were of course 3-1 down by the time they came on

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'm an English only speaking Welshie and have at no point felt I have been pushed to learn or speak Welsh.

To counter your final point wouldn't easing back on their Welsh language output alienate the Welsh speakers amongst our fanbase? Surely we should be encouraging everyone born or living here to feel an affinity with our national team.
    Chris Mepham
    Ethan Ampadu
    Joe Morrell
    Daniel James
    Kieffer Moore
    Brennan Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    So Welsh signage let in 4 goals last night?
    How do you say "this way to the goal" in Welsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    How do you say "this way to the goal" in Welsh?
    Shoot butt

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    People dragging up marketing just so they can have a go at the Welsh language is arguably more embarrassing than last night's display

We were shocking last night, but that has nothing to do with going by Cymru
    It's madness. National teams, playing other national teams, to reach a tournament represented by lots of other national teams, with national anthems at the beginning of each game, in kits with the national flags on it is to nationalistic. Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Who's "they"? And how dare "they" try and "force" Welshness onto a team representing Wales
    Can’t believe you don’t know who “they” are….ffs….we know who we are and where we are, we were ok as Wales…and we always will be