+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: TURKEY 2 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Re: TURKEY v WALES. Match thread

Is Ramsey still on ?

I wouldn't hurry to sign him

Page has to go. We haven’t played well since Austria in the WC play offs. The performances in the WC were dire and now this. Think we will finish fourth.
    We are so poor defensively down the flanks. Page isn’t good enough.

Surely has to be Osian Roberts in after this

On a lighter note, the Turkish manager is Kuntz, the subject of the famous John Motson Gaffe.

Cracking finish.

Page has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Viaplay sports 02

That is shit defending. Roberts didn't do enough to stop the cross, both central defenders are ball watching, nether of them aware that they've been split. get touch tight.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    On a lighter note, the Turkish manager is Kuntz, the subject of the famous John Motson Gaffe.
    https://youtu.be/9VCJVZ2I9zY

This is utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well he's Welsh, cheap, one of the lads and was in the right place at the right time.

FAW were making some good gains but lately it's back to jobs for the boys.
    Several bad mistakes at the top since Jonathan Ford stepped down

Page is contracted until 2026!!!

You could convince me that Mepham and Rodon are league 2 defenders, you'd never guess they had 40 games between them in the Prem and League 1 this season. Maybe the partnership just doesn't work in a back 4 but what a load of absolute dross the last few games.

Also is there any reason not to cap Luke Harris right now? The kid who actually has massive potential and can play for any of the 4 hme nations? Page is an absolutely dire manager.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    That's 1 win from 12, too many red cards to count and a team that is constantly a two yards off of their opponents.

We can all agree that the quality of the Wales team has dropped in the last 2+ years, but how on earth Page has made it this far in managing the national side is beyond me. Completely out of his depth.
    You’re right to highlight our disciplinary record under Page, it’s terrible - I can think of five of them in the past two years.

Can’t fault the team’s effort tonight, but there’s nothing else to take from this game - we’ve been poor for about fifteen months and we’re getting worse, giving Page a four year contract is looking like an act of lunacy.

We can’t afford to be down to ten players. Why on earth did Page pick Morrell to start after being so badly at fault v Armenia?
    Why take off Johnson v Armenia?
    Why take Johnson and James off tonight when they were the players with pace who could at least relieve a bit of pressure.
    Page has learnt nothing from Armenia with once again the weakness down our flanks costing us dear.

A disastrous few days and a reality check.

Not a fan of Page but he cannot carry the can for a player who goes in studs facing, not helped with players incapable of passing to each other, players static offering no out ball it's just poor from back to front, these are the players we have and not sure a different manager could get much more out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Not a fan of Page but he cannot carry the can for a player who goes in studs facing, not helped with players incapable of passing to each other, players static offering no out ball it's just poor from back to front, these are the players we have and not sure a different manager could get much more out of them.
    Yup, there's not a great deal of quality in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We can’t afford to be down to ten players. Why on earth did Page pick Morrell to start after being so badly at fault v Armenia?
    Why take off Johnson v Armenia?
    Why take Johnson and James off tonight when they were the players with pace who could at least relieve a bit of pressure.
    Page has learnt nothing from Armenia with once again the weakness down our flanks costing us dear.

A disastrous few days and a reality check.
    Taking James off really didn't make sense. He has his limitations but anything can happen if you have pace in the side- Bradshaw has offered nothing and we've been all over the shop since he made the subs.

Re: FT: TURKEY 2 - 0 WALES. Match thread

We were shite long before Morrell got himself sent off though, never at the races again. And the manager has to take some responsibility for discipline which has been shocking ever since Page took over.

The squad is poor, but we still have enough quality to not ship 4 at home to Armenia who lost 9-0 to Norway not too long ago. He has to go.

Please change the manager and let's have a proper transition.

Craig Bellamy anyone?

Agreed LA Bluebird. While a nice guy, Rob Page really hasn't got a clue in terms of managing at this level. Turkey are not that great as a team but it exemplifies how bad we are when you consider they could have had at least 3 more goals if it hadn't been for VAR and a great save by the keeper.

Cannot see how the manager can survive after a sequence of inept displays from the team . Some of the players also need to take a long hard look at themselves. Rodon and Mepham seem clueless in defence and should not be in the first team.

If Cardiff don't get Ramsey in his current form they will not be missing much. He looks very much like Bale looked during the WC, i.e. simply worn out.

Just not good enough IMHO

FAW - are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well he's Welsh, cheap, one of the lads and was in the right place at the right time.

FAW were making some good gains but lately it's back to jobs for the boys.
    Page needs to go asap. He needs to be "sacked in the morning". Get Gary O'Neil in pronto, while he is still available.

For Page see Mike Smith.
    Barron years ahead

I agree with the comment about Jonathan Ford. I think he did a very good job.
    It’s been a very very long time since I have been this miserable over club and country. I’m back in the 1980’s and that includes the rugby as well.