+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore leaves Sheffield Wednesday.

Darren Moore leaves Sheffield Wednesday.

Another odd one - does this mean an end to any Wednesday interest in Mark MacGuinness?

Re: Darren Moore leaves Sheffield Wednesday.

I doubt it.

Was he sacked ?

Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another odd one - does this mean an end to any Wednesday interest in Mark MacGuinness?
    I’d have thought it would have an impact maybe on if he wants to go.

He's a devout Christian

God has probably told him to go to Leeds

Another black manager treated poorly

That’s a strange one, according to the Owls chairman, “Both parties believe that now is the right time to go our separate ways”. Why would any manager want to leave after guiding a club to promotion ?

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    That’s a strange one, according to the Owls chairman, “Both parties believe that now is the right time to go our separate ways”. Why would any manager want to leave after guiding a club to promotion ?
    Maybe Moore was unhappy at the playing budget he’d been given?

Is a manager ever happy with the budget, they’re given ?

Didn't he receive a fair amount of abuse after the first leg.

Probably not to do with that but it wasn't all rosy there clearly.

I understand when a manager only just keeps a side up, but still loses his job - they shouldn't have been down there in the first place.
    But to ditch a guy when he's just got you promoted seems a bit strange. I wonder if he wanted a big pay rise?

Lamouchi saved us from relegation yet buggered off when tan didn't want him spending money

Getting promotion and saving a team from relegation are two different ends of the scale and we only stayed up by the skin if our teeth. Did Lamouchi, go by mutual consent ?

Getting promotion and saving a team from relegation are two different ends of the scale and we only stayed up by the skin if our teeth. Did Lamouchi, go by mutual consent ?
    Lamouchi was out of contract.

Moore was still in contract, although “Mutual consent” doesn’t mean much, he was probably paid off. They probably had words after the first leg.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    'another' ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'another' ?
    Vieira

Vieira
    Really? I think Roy showed they were massively under performing?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Really? I think Roy showed they were massively under performing?
    He had a bad run, his first in 2 seasons, after an horrendous run of fixtures. It happens at clubs like Palace.

They were never going down. They were 12th when he was sacked and finished 11th.

He had a bad run, his first in 2 seasons, after an horrendous run of fixtures. It happens at clubs like Palace.

They were never going down. They were 12th when he was sacked and finished 11th.
    I maybe wrong but I’m sure I read they were 3 points off the relegation zone despite being 12th and most of the teams below them had a game in hand, I wouldn’t say never going down. They were one of the teams to have not won all year when he was sacked in March.

I can’t remember the stats but I’m pretty sure palace were massively struggling to score or get shots on target then started scoring for fun. Roy maybe only moved them once place but they seemed well safe, 11 points ahead of the drop at the end of the season. Huge turn around.

When Viera got sacked they had just played Man City, Liverpool, Man United twice, Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford .
    Woys 5 wins come against the 3 relegated teams, Bournemouth and West Ham.

When Viera got sacked they had just played Man City, Liverpool, Man United twice, Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford .
    Woys 5 wins come against the 3 relegated teams, Bournemouth and West Ham.
    They hadn’t won in 11 and didn’t look like it. Roy did a brilliant job. You can’t go into march winless and expect to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    They hadn’t won in 11 and didn’t look like it. Roy did a brilliant job. You can’t go into march winless and expect to be safe.
    Roy did do a good job with the new manager bounce but he also lost to every “big” club he played against in the 11 fixtures he had, no different to Vieira on his bad run. It was a horrendous run of fixtures.

And they weren’t winless going into March they had 27 points in 27 games. Point a game keeps them up easily.

Colour has nothing to do with it. If it was, they wouldn't have employed him in the first place. Same applies to Patrick Vieira.

Gary O'Neil did a wonderful job keeping Bournemouth up. They were everyone's favourites to go down but they survived with a couple of games to spare and in the process ensured a cut of untold millions next season. Now that's treating a manager poorly, and he's white.

Both O'Neil and Moore were probably the victims of ambitious boards who believe they need a manager with a bit of star quality to take them to where they want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Colour has nothing to do with it. If it was, they wouldn't have employed him in the first place. Same applies to Patrick Vieira.

Gary O'Neil did a wonderful job keeping Bournemouth up. They were everyone's favourites to go down but they survived with a couple of games to spare and in the process ensured a cut of untold millions next season. Now that's treating a manager poorly, and he's white.

Both O'Neil and Moore were probably the victims of ambitious boards who believe they need a manager with a bit of star quality to take them to where they want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe Moore was unhappy at the playing budget he’d been given?
    Unlikely to see him going for the City job if Bulut gets the chop then!