Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
The point here is that some people will only ever report bad news, and in often hysterical and hyperbolic fashion and they will do so not at an attempt to be accurate but to make party political points - I suspect several posters are members of parties and thus view this as part of the battleground.

So when people only ever cherry pick bad news and then, with limited rationale then point it back to an event in the past they disagree with, it does become relevent to point out that nearly every single problem facing Britain is also faced by other countries, sometimes to a greater extent, sometimes to a lesser extent.

And that's important in my opinion, because that is far closer to the truth than some people want to portray.
Seems Joe Public doesn't have the best grasp of how inflation works, but they know instinctively when life is getting worse for them and, for the large majority, that's what's happened over the past fifteen years, thirteen of which have seen the same party in power. If there are countries out there in western Europe who have had things as rough as we have over what is now getting close to a generation, I'd be interested to hear about them.