+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Accident on Tuesday night in Greenway Road

Accident on Tuesday night in Greenway Road

Anyone know what happened last night at the bottom of Rhyl Road, at the junction with Greenway Road ? There was a person lying flat out on the road crossing covered in a blanket and attended to by a few people. The police were there but the ambulance had not yet arrived. It appears that someone may have been run over and looked in a serious condition. I went past on a 44 bus from town which had been diverted up Wentlloog Road, along Cae Glas Road and down Rhyl Road. Hope whovever they are is recovering.

Re: Accident on Tuesday night in Greenway Road

I came down Greenway Road but the Police were diverting traffic up Rhyl Road
    I couldn’t tell if it was a man woman or child lying in the road just off the zebra crossing
    Someone had placed a pink blanket over the person
    Not sure if they’d been hit whilst crossing on the zebra I’d only be speculating
    It must have only happened about five minutes before I passed because there was no ambulance on the scene only pcso’s from what I saw
    Plenty of people including a load of kids sitting on the wall with a grandstand view taking in the unfortunate incident

Re: Accident on Tuesday night in Greenway Road

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I came down Greenway Road but the Police were diverting traffic up Rhyl Road
    I couldn’t tell if it was a man woman or child lying in the road just off the zebra crossing
    Someone had placed a pink blanket over the person
    Not sure if they’d been hit whilst crossing on the zebra I’d only be speculating
    It must have only happened about five minutes before I passed because there was no ambulance on the scene only pcso’s from what I saw
    Plenty of people including a load of kids sitting on the wall with a grandstand view taking in the unfortunate incident
    That's more or less the scene I saw from the bus window. The driver of the bus seemed to think it happened a couple of hours previously but I'm not sure if he got that right.