+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Crystal Palace Home Shirt

New Crystal Palace Home Shirt

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announce...3-24-home-kit/

Would you buy one if you were a Palace fan?

International

Re: New Crystal Palace Home Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

Imagine your average Cardiff fan in them, they look stupid enough

It's a no from me!

It's a Ted Lasso kit.

It’s an undecided Vincent Tan shirt

I wouldn't really spend £70 on any new shirt of any club let alone to walk around like a fan of London's gimpiest football team

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's a Ted Lasso kit.
    I noticed that, I wonder if someone at the club wants to try jump on the American Wrexham fan bandwagon and get fans of the show on board.

In the show they use Palace’s stadium as Richmond’s stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

Not for me but Palace usually have really nice kits.

It looks like another kit manufacturer trying too hard.

The kit had a burgundy rather than red component for most of their history.
    The version that I associate most with Palace (due to my age, no doubt) is here on the left and it was follwed by the more radical kit on the right (and for some inexplicable reason I bought one of those shirts myself at the time).

snip - 2023-06-22T111634.763.jpg

One would certainly get noticed wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The version that I associate most with Palace (due to my age, no doubt) is here on the left and it was follwed by the more radical kit on the right (and for some inexplicable reason I bought one of those shirts myself at the time).

I like these two myself. The one on the right Ajax inspired methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I noticed that, I wonder if someone at the club wants to try jump on the American Wrexham fan bandwagon and get fans of the show on board.

In the show they use Palace’s stadium as Richmond’s stadium.
    Some mental gymnatstics there

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I like these two myself. The one on the right Ajax inspired methinks.
    It reminds me of Don Rogers.

It reminds me of Don Rogers.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Some mental gymnatstics there
    If 30,000+ yanks are willing to buy a Wrexham shirt because of a documentary and spend hundreds of dollars watching them play a friendly, would it really be that much of a surprise there’s potentially another chunk willing to adopt Palace as their English team based on a fictional TV show?

There’s been a load of Americans online wanting West Ham to get relegated in real life due to them being rivals in the show lol

It's not as bad as last year's.

If 30,000+ yanks are willing to buy a Wrexham shirt because of a documentary and spend hundreds of dollars watching them play a friendly, would it really be that much of a surprise there’s potentially another chunk willing to adopt Palace as their English team based on a fictional TV show?

There’s been a load of Americans online wanting West Ham to get relegated in real life due to them being rivals in the show lol
    The US is the home of ephemera. It was once pet rocks that attracted attention and bottled air was also once a fad. No doubt that interest will move on once the mundane sets in. By the way, I wonder how popular city are these days on the streets of Kuala Lumpur.....

But were on the third season of Ted Lasso, its hardle a new phenomenon and Crystal Palace have always had kits like that. They change from stripes to thirds to halfs often. Its nothing new.

Anyone with half a brain knows the fictional Richmond are based on Crystal Palace.

If you read the link its the 10th Anniversary kit and very similair ie half red / half blue to the 2013/14 shirt when they got promoted to the PL.

The US is the home of ephemera. It was once pet rocks that attracted attention and bottled air was also once a fad. No doubt that interest will move on once the mundane sets in. By the way, I wonder how popular city are these days on the streets of Kuala Lumpur.....
    That’ll depend on if the away kit is red…..

That's assuming these Americans have heard of Crystal Palace and can recognise Selhurst Park. I think that's a bit of a stretch.

International

I think had the 71-72 top, I found it in a skip at the back of John Charles's shop, and a leather football and rugby ball if it wasn't that exact one it was very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think had the 71-72 top, I found it in a skip at the back of John Charles's shop, and a leather football and rugby ball if it wasn't that exact one it was very similar.
    I had one too. It was a hand-me-down. I had Arsenal, West Ham and Man U/Liverpool etc too. It's weird, back then you could wear a West Ham top and tell someone it was a Villa top and they'd never know.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I had one too. It was a hand-me-down. I had Arsenal, West Ham and Man U/Liverpool etc too. It's weird, back then you could wear a West Ham top and tell someone it was a Villa top and they'd never know.
    Or Burnley

I would if i was spiderman

Half and half Nigels

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No Sponsorship and there may have been only one major shirt manufacturer back then..Bukta?