+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guns N Roses

Re: Guns N Roses

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I know more about music than you think I do. Were GNR influenced by Aerosmith? maybe. Do they sound like Aerosmith? Absolutely not.
    New York Dolls is a better fit .

I know more about music than you think I do. Were GNR influenced by Aerosmith? maybe. Do they sound like Aerosmith? Absolutely not.
    Oh they absolutely do

Not the radio friendly hairbrushed Aerosmith of the late eighties

But the sleazy hard rock drug influenced Aerosmith of the mid seventies

Slash says Aerosmith changed his life and his favourite album was Aerosmith Rocks

And you can see why is you listen to it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You reckoned The Prodigy were inspired by heavy metal....
    They were you clown

Slayer were a huge influence

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh they absolutely do

Not the radio friendly hairbrushed Aerosmith of the late eighties

But the sleazy hard rock drug influenced Aerosmith of the mid seventies

Slash says Aerosmith changed his life and his favourite album was Aerosmith Rocks

And you can see why is you listen to it
    You’d have to comb the radio for hairbrushed Aerosmith.

Guns N' Roses are an old school raunchy hard rock band more inflluenced by Aerosmith, Nazareth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, The Stones than the likes of Sabbath and Maiden.

By the way, Elton John's performance was far better than Axl & Co.

I suppose they would be bearable if the screeching cat was plugged in
    Looking forward to seeing them in Hyde Park on Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Johnny View Post
    Guns N' Roses are an old school raunchy hard rock band more inflluenced by Aerosmith, Nazareth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, The Stones than the likes of Sabbath and Maiden.

By the way, Elton John's performance was far better than Axl & Co.
    Absolutely

I don't like them although they are not without talent

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That's why they have come over

It's a jolly ☺

Oooooo im in London for a few days, didnt know they were in Hyde park, we are seeing a show in the afternoon, nothing planned for the evening, might see you there Jimmy ( got 3 shows booked for the 3 days, only day we have a afternoon show is Friday, it might be fate that we need to see GnR )

I'm seeing maiden in Manchester Friday

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I'm seeing maiden in Manchester Friday
    Number Of The Beast is a fine album but not a big fan

Just caught Rick doing Highway to Hell, they the mrs wanted to show daughter who ACDC were on YouTube, which led into early GnR live Welcome to the jungle, then I caught it from Glasto on someones phone, it turns out it wasnt Axles mic, it was his mic feed for the BBC
    have a search on YouTube for the show, its a decent sound and nothing like the BBC mic feed

I really don't connect with gigs in huge venues/very large spaces. I made a rare exception last week and saw Peter Gabriel at the NEC and in a relatively good and expensive seat - but when you can't make out someone's facial features without looking at a screen doesn't register with me as a genuine gig. I won't be doing that in a hurry again as I just don't feel it, man.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I really don't connect with gigs in huge venues/very large spaces. I made a rare exception last week and saw Peter Gabriel at the NEC and in a relatively good and expensive seat - but when you can't make out someone's facial features without looking at a screen doesn't register with me as a genuine gig. I won't be doing that in a hurry again as I just don't feel it, man.....
    Peter Gabriel is amazing live backed up by a great band

Those Icelandic ladies on backing vocals and keyboards are very talented too

Peter Gabriel is amazing live backed up by a great band

Those Icelandic ladies on backing vocals and keyboards are very talented too
    His live gigs on YouTube inspired me to go and no doubt he was probably brilliant had it been a much smaller venue.

I experienced something yesterday which I would have said was impossible until I heard it - Edward Bevan at the Glamorgan game asking if Guns and Roses really were as bad at Glastonbury as as they'd been reported as being - the world's going mad !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I experienced something yesterday which I would have said was impossible until I heard it - Edward Bevan at the Glamorgan game asking if Guns and Roses really were as bad at Glastonbury as as they'd been reported as being - the world's going mad !
    Is he still commentating ?

He's older than wilf Wooler

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I feel the same way. A load of mates went to see the Cure at MSG last week. Not for me. And they played for 3 hours. Also not for me.

I feel the same way. A load of mates went to see the Cure at MSG last week. Not for me. And they played for 3 hours. Also not for me.
    I saw Rush about 15 years ago

3 and a half hours , two sets

Exhausting

I don't think gigs are for me period anymore

I saw Rush about 15 years ago

3 and a half hours , two sets

Exhausting

I don't think gigs are for me period anymore
    Hey Sludge, have you heard of a band call The Motors ? Not my cup of cha but they supported Wishbone Ash at the Capitol Cinema in 1977 and to this day remain the loudest band I've ever seen live. Almost made my ears bleed. I've seen Purple, Zep and Sabbath and they were louder than all of them, probably put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Hey Sludge, have you heard of a band call The Motors ? Not my cup of cha but they supported Wishbone Ash at the Capitol Cinema in 1977 and to this day remain the loudest band I've ever seen live. Almost made my ears bleed. I've seen Purple, Zep and Sabbath and they were louder than all of them, probably put together.
    The Motors had two or three hits, "Dancing the Night Away" being the biggest one, as I remember. I think I saw them in the early 70s and I have their first album.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Didn't they do Airport ?

Didn't they do Airport ?
    Indeed

Didn't they do Airport ?
    Apparentl Ted Nugget was the loudest band ( at the Capitol Cardiff). People ran from the front of the stage at the first chord. Much like a Ted Cruz gig

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Apparentl Ted Nugget was the loudest band ( at the Capitol Cardiff). People ran from the front of the stage at the first chord. Much like a Ted Cruz gig
    Ted Nougat