+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Embargo

Transfer Embargo

With it reduced, are we allowed to ‘loan with a buy option in January’?

This may give us a chance of getting a Kipre 😀

Re: Transfer Embargo

It was reduced because they removed the upcoming January window from the embargo. Tan can go nuts spending in January 2024 if he likes. Do we really think he will?

But I don't think anyone really knows if the loan with a buy option workaround is allowed or not.

If you can get around FFP rules by issuing shares then I’m sure there’s a way around this embargo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    It was reduced because they removed the upcoming January window from the embargo. Tan can go nuts spending in January 2024 if he likes. Do we really think he will?

But I don't think anyone really knows if the loan with a buy option workaround is allowed or not.
    I think Fulham utilised the LTB option for the purchase of Bobby Reid.

Some info here on it

https://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...ansfer-window-

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Some info here on it

Can it be done while under an embargo though as apposed to just questionable accounting methods

may be showing my naivety here but could they not just loan someone for 6 months and then just happen to buy them in january, rather than having a written agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    may be showing my naivety here but could they not just loan someone for 6 months and then just happen to buy them in january, rather than having a written agreement?
    I don’t see why not, same as a loan with an option to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Just the loaning club might be a bit dubious over whether the purchase would materialise if it doesn’t go well

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Just the loaning club might be a bit dubious over whether the purchase would materialise if it doesn’t go well
    Suppose that goes both ways, if he does very well they may not want to sell or think they can get a higher offer.

I would have thought losing O' Shea to Burnley make a move for Kipre doubtful and not only that doesn't their current Gaffa rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Some info here on it

The current restriction under which the club currently stands makes it quite clear. We are not allowed to pay any fees (permanent or loan) nor are we allowed to enter in to a commitment to pay a future fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    The current restriction under which the club currently stands makes it quite clear. We are not allowed to pay any fees (permanent or loan) nor are we allowed to enter in to a commitment to pay a future fee.
    Thank you

Re route any transfer via Man City they seem to get away with murder.