+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Championship player since 2004 according to the Second Tier podcast.

Re: Best Championship player since 2004 according to the Second Tier podcast.

I was getting really annoyed as they went through the list, I was thinking they were going to leave him out. Pretty sure I punched the air with delight when they finally said his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I was getting really annoyed as they went through the list, I was thinking they were going to leave him out. Pretty sure I punched the air with delight when they finally said his name.
    I was much the same, I got quite emotional when they announced who the number one was.

Agreed with the majority of the entries although not the order. Ivan Toney entry was a bit iffy mind.

Agreed with top 3. Of course Whitts is number 1. Mitro has an undeniable record. And Adel Taarabt was seriously something else at this level, still watch his highlight reels from time to time.

Nice to see McCormack making the cut. If Bothroyd or Koumas had done it for longer maybe they would have been in with a shout. Magic players when at their peak.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was much the same, I got quite emotional when they announced who the number one was.
    Same for me. When they widdled down to 1 - my brain was racing as to how he had not been mentioned yet. And then they unequivocally both agree that the number 1 spot was not in doubt and it was the first name on the sheet when it came to identifying the top 20 players of the last 2 decades.

Relief, pride and a bit emotional listening into the end of that podcast, really glad that Whittingham won the favour so spectacularly with other fans within the division as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Same for me. When they widdled down to 1 - my brain was racing as to how he had not been mentioned yet. And then they unequivocally both agree that the number 1 spot was not in doubt and it was the first name on the sheet when it came to identifying the top 20 players of the last 2 decades.

Relief, pride and a bit emotional listening into the end of that podcast, really glad that Whittingham won the favour so spectacularly with other fans within the division as well.
    I don’t know if others are the same, but the last few seasons have helped me appreciate Whitts more - we were spoilt with him here for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t know if others are the same, but the last few seasons have helped me appreciate Whitts more - we were spoilt with him here for so long.
    We absolutely were. He seemed very happy in south Wales as well. A humble man, and I my post to Hartley in another thread describing Jason Bowen, you could add the same with Peter Whittingham. But I have to say that there's also an air of comfort with players who seem happy with their lot. Shout for Mc phail as well under appreciated in my opinion and had his own health problems to get over at a pivotal point in his career.
    God Bless Whitts, we were so fortunate to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We absolutely were. He seemed very happy in south Wales as well. A humble man, and I my post to Hartley in another thread describing Jason Bowen, you could add the same with Peter Whittingham. But I have to say that there's also an air of comfort with players who seem happy with their lot. Shout for Mc phail as well under appreciated in my opinion and had his own health problems to get over at a pivotal point in his career.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    amen to that

can anyone give a rundown of the top20, I can't be bothered to listen to the podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    can anyone give a rundown of the top20, I can't be bothered to listen to the podcast
    Just listen to the last few minutes - they summarise the Top 20 names at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just listen to the last few minutes - they summarise the Top 20 names at the end.
    thanks

Grealish
    Buendia
    Maddison