+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Getting texts from people who don’t normally speculate that the contract details were agreed today.

It's Jason Mohammed isn't it?

Nice seem to think that he’s coming back to them…

https://www.ogcnice.com/en/article/1...rs-return.html

I can't do this all over again. Please Rambo.

via GIPHY

I think that Aaron Ramsey is in a very difficult position.
    As I stated yesterday, OGC Nice have named him in their squad for 2023-2024 season and allocated him the number 16.
    They also state on their official site that he returns to training next week. Quite clearly he is under contract with Nice for the coming season. The only way he will join another club, hopefully City, is if Nice cancel this contract. If they ask for a fee we are buggered!
    In my opinion. this is probably the reason that the Ramsey deal hasn't been sorted.
    Maybe we could offer them Ojo and Simpson in exchange for Ramsey!
    Lets hope that another English league club does come in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    I think that Aaron Ramsey is in a very difficult position.
    As I stated yesterday, OGC Nice have named him in their squad for 2023-2024 season and allocated him the number 16.
    They also state on their official site that he returns to training next week. Quite clearly he is under contract with Nice for the coming season. The only way he will join another club, hopefully City, is if Nice cancel this contract. If they ask for a fee we are buggered!
    In my opinion. this is probably the reason that the Ramsey deal hasn't been sorted.
    Maybe we could offer them Ojo and Simpson in exchange for Ramsey!
    Lets hope that another English league club does come in for him.
    Which beggars the question, why on earth are the club pursuing an in-contract player at a foreign club ?

Maybe they are hoping that Nice will cancel his contract! Unlikely, but possible.

I imagine our name is like dirt amongst the French Clubs at the moment after how we treated Nantes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nice slap a £1 transfer fee on him now that he’s under contract, just to screw us over!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I imagine our name is like dirt amongst the French Clubs at the moment after how we treated Nantes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nice slap a £1 transfer fee on him now that he’s under contract, just to screw us over!
    Was thinking the same. Why would they let him walk out the door for free when they don’t have to?

I don't think it works like that

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    The contract he was on was automatically extended following appearances last season. It wasn't a discretionary extension as far as I'm aware. It would need an agreement to cancel the contract.
    This is still the case.

There have already been conversations about cancelling the contract (thus our interest and also Ramsey's comments about moving on). Unless those conversations are sorted over the next few days then he would be expected to report for training next week.

The furore overnight is based on the article from 3 days ago, that the S*n journalist has picked up on... probably after reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This is still the case.

There have already been conversations about cancelling the contract (thus our interest and also Ramsey's comments about moving on). Unless those conversations are sorted over the next few days then he would be expected to report for training next week.

The furore overnight is based on the article from 3 days ago, that the S*n journalist has picked up on... probably after reading this thread.
    Ramsey tweeted about his contract being triggered. This has since been deleted. As you say, Ramsey has another year left and always has done. This will add to the delay.

Nantes’ owner is well known for being a dodgy bastard in France. Also, almost everyone in football is out for themselves. Barcelona owe about 250m, and they’re still buying players. It won’t make a difference.

Ineos owns Nice.

Let's hope Mehmet is a friend of Sir Jim Ratcliffe.

Transfermarkt has him as out of contract, which is interesting.

Either way, I don't think it matters.

If Ramsey tells them he doesn't want to stay (which he presumably already has), I highly doubt they'll keep him against his will and pay his salary for another year. I can't imagine he's one of their lower earners.

Nobody is going to pay a transfer fee for him, and if they loan him out then they may as well just agree to terminate his contract anyway.

Nice have also just appointed a young new manager, who presumably has his own plans and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Transfermarkt has him as out of contract, which is interesting.

Either way, I don't think it matters.

If Ramsey tells them he doesn't want to stay (which he presumably already has), I highly doubt they'll keep him against his will and pay his salary for another year. I can't imagine he's one of their lower earners.

Nobody is going to pay a transfer fee for him, and if they loan him out then they may as well just agree to terminate his contract anyway.

Nice have also just appointed a young new manager, who presumably has his own plans and ideas.
    Transfermarkt values him at £2.5 million.

Ramsey negotiates something a bit less say £1.5 million to buy out his contract.

Cardiff pay Ramsey a signing on bonus of say £1.5 million pounds..........

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Ineos owns Nice.

Let's hope Mehmet is a friend of Sir Jim Ratcliffe.
    They both live in Monaco. Probably neighbours.

Can anyone explain his contract at Nice? I had just assumed from recent press that it had ran out and he was now a free agent. But it has 1 year left or has had an extra year triggered?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    They both live in Monaco. Probably neighbours.
    Everybody loves good neighbours
    Neighbours should be there for one another
    etc........

Phil Cadden, who covers Wales for the Sun, is reporting Ramsey has 2 offers on the tablr. One from Cardiff and one from Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by blue_emu View Post
    Can anyone explain his contract at Nice? I had just assumed from recent press that it had ran out and he was now a free agent. But it has 1 year left or has had an extra year triggered?
    Ay, there's the rub!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_emu View Post
    An extension was triggered as he played a certain amount of games last season so he is still a Nice player

There was a suggestion that it was down to him, but I don't think that was ever the case

Presumably he can buy out his contract for us to get aroumd the embargo. I saw an Italian outlet report he's been offered a 2 year deal by Cardiff

That same Sun journalist is now saying this:

Well from everything we think we know about his motivations, it wont be Saudi Arabia

Hardly an ideal league for him to play in if he wants to remain sharp for Wales either