+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

And he loves Cardiff

It was reliably confirmed from within the club last week along with 4 or 5 oversea out contracts or short term loans.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was reliably confirmed from within the club last week along with 4 or 5 oversea out contracts or short term loans.
    What was reliably confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If .........he comes then surely his pace has gone and he would be better as a deep midfielder than a number 10 ?

He can pick his passes from in front of the back four
    Great if you've got pace and a mobile attacking unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Great if you've got pace and a mobile attacking unit.
    I wouldn’t have ever thought of him as a pacey player even in his prime. He still covers ground and could easily play as a number 10.

I think it’s obvious the front line will be refreshed anyway.

Aaron Ramsey finishing his career with Cardiff would be a beautiful thing.
    He could have a terrible season or two and still get a free pass from me.

I see him being a great, steady influence which will help see us through a potentially troublesome season with a bit of magic thrown in.

He is class and would be a tremendous signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Some of the comments are mad, it’s not as if his “legs have gone” yes his form for wales has been poor but I put that down to Page and his “tactics”? it’s not as if he isn’t covering the ground still. Him alongside Wintle or Ralls in a 2 or as a 10 infront of them gives the team a new dimension if we can get decent wide players. Even if he plays half the games, what a signing he would be. Wouldn’t have been as big as if Bale had signed last season but probably have a bigger impact.
    You say.. "It's not as if his legs have gone", then why would he only perhaps play half the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Obviously he's a has been, but our team is so crap right now he'd still be an asset.

Worst City team in 11-12 years.
    The whole of the above post is utter, unadulterated, rubbish. With two or three additions, particularly including Ramsey, City would be challenging for a top six place. City have spent the last 11 or 12 years mainly challenging at the top end of the Championship or in the Premier League. so moaners like you now throwing the toys out of the pram like spoilt kids, after a couple of bad years, have obviously been spoilt too much since 2008. I would suggest that you watch some of the games from the 1980’s and 1990’s and and then you might actually appreciate what a crap team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Aaron Ramsey finishing his career with Cardiff would be a beautiful thing.
    He could have a terrible season or two and still get a free pass from me.

I see him being a great, steady influence which will help see us through a potentially troublesome season with a bit of magic thrown in.

He is class and would be a tremendous signing for us.
    If he came here on a two-year contract and had a "terrible season" in each of those two years, the fans would not give him a 'free pass'.

There's going to be a level of expectation.
    Personally, I think if we can get 4-5 new first team players who have a bit of pace and can create space for themselves, he could be very effective.
    If, on the other hand, he's got a statuette Sawyers next to him, then he's going to end up frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The whole of the above post is utter, unadulterated, rubbish. With two or three additions, particularly including Ramsey, City would be challenging for a top six place. City have spent the last 11 or 12 years mainly challenging at the top end of the Championship or in the Premier League. so moaners like you now throwing the toys out of the pram like spoilt kids, after a couple of bad years, have obviously been spoilt too much since 2008. I would suggest that you watch some of the games from the 1980’s and 1990’s and and then you might actually appreciate what a crap team is.
    Last season was the worst example of a Cardiff City crap team in 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Who is your dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who is your dealer?
    Same fella as me

It's rocket fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If he came here on a two-year contract and had a "terrible season" in each of those two years, the fans would not give him a 'free pass'.

There's going to be a level of expectation.
    Personally, I think if we can get 4-5 new first team players who have a bit of pace and can create space for themselves, he could be very effective.
    If, on the other hand, he's got a statuette Sawyers next to him, then he's going to end up frustrated.
    I don’t think he would have two terrible seasons just collecting a pay check with Cardiff.

I think he could still offer us a great deal…I’m just saying it wouldn’t tarnish the legacy of a player that I hold in the greatest esteem if it didn’t work out.

He’s class in a glass and it would be great to see him finish his career at Cardiff.

He'd be a great signing, he's only 32 . Certainly good enough to do a job in championship and lower half of premier league. We'd have the best midfielder in the league.

Find it quite strange really. 4 years ago he was getting a crazy move to one of the best teams in Europe, and having smoke blown up his arse as a worldy by arsenal fans with an agenda. Now people are questioning if he can play in the championship. Footballs crazy tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    He'd be a great signing, he's only 32 . Certainly good enough to do a job in championship and lower half of premier league. We'd have the best midfielder in the league.

Find it quite strange really. 4 years ago he was getting a crazy move to one of the best teams in Europe, and having smoke blown up his arse as a worldy by arsenal fans with an agenda. Now people are questioning if he can play in the championship. Footballs crazy tbf.
    Four years is a long time in football, especially if you are injury prone, so I can understand the doubters to some degree. Having said that, I would still love him to come here because if he does play in an advanced role he is more than capable of getting his fair share of goals as well as providing plenty of assists.

Reading between the lines, I think the plan is for them to meet this week and discuss a move. I don’t know anything but I don’t think it’s a done deal. I don’t think anything is until it’s announced.

That being said, if he does sign I will do a little dance. I will be very happy.

Bale was actually very likely to sign for us at one point. The contract had been fully written up with all clauses agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Last season was the worst example of a Cardiff City crap team in 20 years
    Worrying thing is I don’t think most of them are playing well below their ceiling

I’m optimistic about a few players but not many

I to am pretty bewildered by the comments and some negativity
    If he did sign I’m sure he’d play a big part especially bringing on the youngsters
    Im sure Bagan Davies and the raw talent of Kieron Evans would be massively improved under the guidance of a player who has achieved so much in football
    I wonder if the queue to see him would be all the way back to Grangetown like when Robbie Fowler signed? 😊👍

What we haven’t had for ages is a midfielder with vision and the ability to read the game. Ramsey has this in spades. Always has. Sometimes so much so that he catches his own teammates out because they’re not where they should be to receive a pass.

Aaron Ramsey would be the best player on our books by some margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    What we haven’t had for ages is a midfielder with vision and the ability to read the game. Ramsey has this in spades. Always has. Sometimes so much so that he catches his own teammates out because they’re not where they should be to receive a pass.

Aaron Ramsey would be the best player on our books by some margin.
    I love Ramsey to bits but the penultimate sentence is quite funny.

No his passing was just sh*t at times

Agree with your final statement though

Everyone’s capable of a shit pass. But there are many times I’ve watched Ramsey play a ball to someone who was supposed to be making a run and they just weren’t on the same wavelength.

There’s a difference between just playing a shit pass and a teammate not being switched on to the flow of the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You say.. "It's not as if his legs have gone", then why would he only perhaps play half the games?
    Ok maybe people take from “his legs have gone” in different ways. To me it means he can’t run anymore or cover the ground like he used to rather than being injury prone. Who knows how many games he will play.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Would be a great signing and just what we need 👏
    I agree, maybe get a tune out of colwill and Davies, Robinson actually do something constructive and I reckon we will do ok…..Ramsey influence on the young local players combing through will be huge many of whom will aspire to have a career like his.

If it doesn't work I suspect it will be because we'd have a great player (still) having to work with some very average colleagues. It would be well worth the risk though.