+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Well from everything we think we know about his motivations, it wont be Saudi Arabia
    Unless it’s a long term deal… if it’s 3 years he might think, it’s a shed load of cash, tax free and the family can move out with me

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Unless it’s a long term deal… if it’s 3 years he might think, it’s a shed load of cash, tax free and the family can move out with me
    The Saudies, the Yanks, money usually wins out in the end..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Would be quite a nice feelgood story if, as all these stars flock to Saudi Arabia for a payday, the Wales captain turns them down to sign for his boyhood club

Piss off Saudi Arabia, you human rights abusing bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Well from everything we think we know about his motivations, it wont be Saudi Arabia
    Weren’t we saying the same things last year about Bale - didn’t need the money, wanted to play in a more competitive league pre World Cup.

I think anyone will find it hard to turn down millions in the bank, but let’s see what happens.

The money in Saudi should be a nobrainer, only a few years and he can retire back home to Cardiff then

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Life is short, time with kids when they are little is even shorter and over in a blink of the eye, he hasn’t seemed too happy for years being away all through covid too…..he’s minted already so why add another few coins he will never spend to the pot? Don’t think I’d want to live there for whatever money…..could I get mango cider over there? Or a Guinness?

Ramey has shown he cares a lot about animal rights by previously supporting the world wildlife fund. Hopefully he cares as much about human rights and rejects any Saudi offering.

Easy Saudi money wins out. He'd be mad not to take it.

If he does have an offer from Saudi I am sure his agent, wife, family and everybody who knows him will be telling him to go there

If it was me I’d be on the first camel out there and would only remember my conscious when I’m back after 2 years and reading my bank statement

Saudi it is then.. He never made Gareth Bale money. He's gonna take it.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    If he does have an offer from Saudi I am sure his agent, wife, family and everybody who knows him will be telling him to go there

If it was me I’d be on the first camel out there and would only remember my conscious when I’m back after 2 years and reading my bank statement
    Are you really sure Ramsey's wife and family would be telling him to go to Saudi ? In fact I doubt very much if that is the case. His agent though may have other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Are you really sure Ramsey's wife and family would be telling him to go to Saudi ? In fact I doubt very much if that is the case. His agent though may have other ideas.
    his agent will

he family will be saying to stay, his insta has been showing him having a good time, doing normal family things, he has got to miss that, as goats said above, life short, enjoy it with the kids while they are kids

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Why would his wife and family want him to move to Saudi Arabia for 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Who wouldn’t want a few extra million in the bank.

He will be signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_emu View Post
    Ramey has shown he cares a lot about animal rights by previously supporting the world wildlife fund. Hopefully he cares as much about human rights and rejects any Saudi offering.
    I don’t think that caring about animals translates to caring about human rights. Sentimentality can be very close to cruelty.

Here’s a quote about Hitler from a German children’s magazine published during the Third Reich

“Do you know that your Führer is a vegetarian, and that he does not eat meat because of his general attitude toward life and his love for the world of animals? Do you know that your Führer is an exemplary friend of animals, and even as a chancellor, he is not separated from the animals he has kept for years?...The Führer is an ardent opponent of any torture of animals, in particular vivisection, and has declared to terminate those conditions...thus fulfilling his role as the savior of animals, from continuous and nameless torments and pain”.

— Neugeist/Die Weisse Fahne (contemporaneous pro-Nazi children's magazine)

I’m not suggesting for one second that Aaron Ramsey is similar or equivalent to Adolf Hitler in any way.

However your hope that the human rights record of Saudi will deter Aaron is likely in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Saudi it is then.. He never made Gareth Bale money. He's gonna take it.
    He's made a hell of a lot of money from football, he was on over £100k a week at Arsenal for years, he was on £400k pre tax at Juventus plus whatever his signing fee was and is on supposedly over £100k a week at Nice. That's millions, not quite Bale but still plenty of money.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If that was the case he might as well stay at Nice who are paying him a hell of a lot of money and not move even further away from his family, if they didn't move to Nice with him they certainly won't be heading to Saudi Arabia

If they were trebling or more my wages, my wife would have me packed and out of the house before breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Me

Lots of people

If the Saudis are interested, then Nice would be wise to trigger the contract extension and then demand a transfer fee. They may get a windfall given what the Saudis might pay

Phil Blanche says Cardiff are drawing closer despite Saudi interest

If that was the case he might as well stay at Nice who are paying him a hell of a lot of money and not move even further away from his family, if they didn't move to Nice with him they certainly won't be heading to Saudi Arabia
    I guess there is one thing taking a decent drop in wages and another missing out on a few million. I guess they weigh up how much that extra money could change the rest of their life and their life style.

I’ll be honest if I was him I’d skin the message boards and say screw that, I’m going for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    If the Saudis are interested, then Nice would be wise to trigger the contract extension and then demand a transfer fee. They may get a windfall given what the Saudis might pay
    The extension was automatically triggered. I'm sure some of what you say has been playing out over the past few days. If Ramsey pulls this off then he is absolutely all the good things that people have said about him .