+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It doesn't quite work like that
    It has though for a good few sportsmen with similar upbringings to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It has though for a good few sportsmen with similar upbringings to the masses.
    A few

That's the key

'Working class lads'!
    Who says that in Cardiff? Or South Wales for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    'Working class lads'!
    Who says that in Cardiff? Or South Wales for that matter.
    Replace lads with boys and plenty of people do

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Replace lads with boys and plenty of people do
    You are a big, posh sod, with plums in your mouth

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    You are a big, posh sod, with plums in your mouth
    You farmers .....you don't like outsiders do you ?

You have got these big sheds but nobody is allowed in them

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    1% of 10k shirts , doubt that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    1% of 10k shirts , doubt that is the problem
    I have no idea and I usually don't care about knowing the ins and outs of a contract but if this one falls through, I would love to know why. Especially given Ramsey's personality and last season's Bale saga.

Surely it's a simple case of, he wants to come home but doesn't want to be robbed blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    As one of the replies to that tweer says, the fact that site is reporting the deal has collapsed makes it more likely that it’s going ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As one of the replies to that tweer says, the fact that site is reporting the deal has collapsed makes it more likely that it’s going ahead.
    Maybe we should ask Tan or Dalman what the shortfall is in the negotiation and then do a crowd fund for the difference - I'm sure tan would love that publicity

Anyway the other forum says Dalman is flying in Friday to sort it plus another signing so it is definitely dead in the water

How many Ramsey shirts would be sold? Ramsey’s cut would be peanuts in the big picture, we’re not talking 100,000 flying off the shelves for God’s sake.

How many Ramsey shirts would be sold? Ramsey’s cut would be peanuts in the big picture, we’re not talking 100,000 flying off the shelves for God’s sake.
    Reckon someone could make a bit for charity by selling city shirts with Ramsey on the back - similar to that shirt that was done for ty hafan a few years back

Maybe they're holding off launching the away shirt until a deal is done, hoping to cash in by coordinating both

If he doesnt sign there wont be any ramsey shirts sold, so club make zero! Give him 50% and the club still have more money than they had before!

On average (and this is widely available info on the internet), clubs retain between 7% and 15% of shirt sales, with the remainder going to the manufacturer (ie New Balance).

So let's be optimistic and say we keep 15%. Now I don't know how many shirt sales we'd make, but let's say 10,000.

£55 a shirt. 10,000 sales. 15%. That's £82,500.

And that's assuming all those shirts are adult prices, and we've negotiated a stonker of a deal with NB. I also assume Ramsey would only be interested in shirts with his name on, too.

This deal may well have fallen on its arse but there's absolutely no way in the world that it's anything to do with shirt sales. Absolute nonsense.

Agree with others that they have no idea. Clearly this isn't about shirt sales.
    My only concern is that the longer that this goes on the less likely it seems. Time kills deals, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    On average (and this is widely available info on the internet), clubs retain between 7% and 15% of shirt sales, with the remainder going to the manufacturer (ie New Balance).

So let's be optimistic and say we keep 15%. Now I don't know how many shirt sales we'd make, but let's say 10,000.

£55 a shirt. 10,000 sales. 15%. That's £82,500.

And that's assuming all those shirts are adult prices, and we've negotiated a stonker of a deal with NB. I also assume Ramsey would only be interested in shirts with his name on, too.

This deal may well have fallen on its arse but there's absolutely no way in the world that it's anything to do with shirt sales. Absolute nonsense.
    exactly, and its pathetic from both sides if this is true.

clubs make their money from names on the back. lets say its £15 and we do 10k ramsey ones. 150k, or 75k each (three weeks reported wage for ramsey) is pittance. its literally not worth arguing over

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    exactly, and its pathetic from both sides if this is true.

clubs make their money from names on the back. lets say its £15 and we do 10k ramsey ones. 150k, or 75k each (three weeks reported wage for ramsey) is pittance. its literally not worth arguing over
    It won't be true for the reasons you say.

Like Bale last year, if Ramsey wants to sign for Cardiff he will sign for Cardiff. Finances whilst will obviously be discussed they won't be the overriding factor. His contract at Juve alone was something like £40m over 2 years including sign on fee I remember reading once. He's not going to be messing around for £100k.

It'll be whether he has an option to go elsewhere which he thinks is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    It won't be true for the reasons you say.

Like Bale last year, if Ramsey wants to sign for Cardiff he will sign for Cardiff. Finances whilst will obviously be discussed they won't be the overriding factor. His contract at Juve alone was something like £40m over 2 years including sign on fee I remember reading once. He's not going to be messing around for £100k.

It'll be whether he has an option to go elsewhere which he thinks is interesting.
    Personally I think if he really wanted to sign for us he would’ve by now

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    These things will always take time either way.

Given recent international games he wouldn't be coming in for training just yet anyway I wouldn't have thought.

With this logic, we might as well call it a day on this summer’s transfer activity then. These things take time.

Arsenal fans saying the same thing about Declan Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    With this logic, we might as well call it a day on this summer’s transfer activity then. These things take time.
    I get where he's coming from though. Other players you have to pursue, to convince. If Ramsey signs here it will be because it's probably something he/his agent has instigated.

I don't know, just getting Bale vibes.

he should be our top earner though for sure. if i was him it would be a matter of principle i guess. no one (surely) would disagree with that.

no idea what that means in the wider context though. someone on other board mentions robinson is on 28k a week and thats now taken as a fact ( seems unlikely to me though)