+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: URGENT tradesmen working in Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: URGENT tradesmen working in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Council have started charging tradesman working in certain areas of Cardiff £8 a day to park in residential bays. The use of notes in window will no longer be accepted!

https://www.change.org/p/charges-for...its-in-cardiff
    Just signed it, thanks for the post.

I found about this in March. Does the £8 cover a day at several addresses or just one for a whole day?

Doesn't seem fit for purpose if you are going to do lots of smaller visits, and inevitably the customer will have to pay more for work at their address.

It may not just be trades but could be delivery drivers, carers and cleaners for example. Not very well thought out in my opinion but the Council won't really care unless there's an outcry

Re: URGENT tradesmen working in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just signed it, thanks for the post.

I found about this in March. Does the £8 cover a day at several addresses or just one for a whole day?

Doesn't seem fit for purpose if you are going to do lots of smaller visits, and inevitably the customer will have to pay more for work at their address.

It may not just be trades but could be delivery drivers, carers and cleaners for example. Not very well thought out in my opinion but the Council won't really care unless there's an outcry
    It’s £8 per zone so if a tradesman doing 5 small jobs a day in these areas it’s £40 a day in parking fees! I spoke to the owner of Crwys electrics who has 5 vans doing these small jobs throughout the day, he was made aware of these charges when a leaflet was left on his windscreen. The council taking money and residents not benefiting. It’s an absolute scandal and a tax. The problem being is the majority of people living in Cardiff don’t live in areas with parking restrictions so it doesn’t affect them so they won’t sign petition.